PDA

View Full Version : a probable change in lifestyle

davidpizzica
06-23-2009, 07:27 PM
With all of my illnesses and a lot of other things going on with my life, in probably a few months time I'll be moving into an assisted living facility. It's getting difficult for me to cope with my major illnesses and keep up paying bills, maintaining the upkeep on the house among other things. Unless I find a cat friendly place, I might have to give up Marigold, too. My brothers and I and a social worker thought it would better to go this route. Giving up Marigold will really hurt me inside. I also can't go to work again because my health.

caseysmom
06-23-2009, 07:38 PM
I am so sorry David, there may be a place that will accept her, there are places that you have an apartment and go down for meals, etc.

Will your brother take her?

K9karen
06-23-2009, 11:10 PM
That's too bad, David. I'm sorry. I've been to some assisted living facilities and was greeted by a dog and a cat. They were the official greeters. I hope, if you can't bring Marigold, that you find her a great home. I can feel your heartbreak.

carole
06-23-2009, 11:20 PM
Oh bro this came as quite a shock to me, however i do understand you have been having a lot of health issues, and if it is the best place for you to go, then i wish you well my dear friend , i do hope Marigold can go with you or you can find her a lovely home, as i know it will break your heart, i am thinking of you and all paws and fingers crossed for everything to work out just perfectly. HUGS:love::):):love:

Daisy and Delilah
06-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Oh no David. I am so sorry. I am shocked by this and deeply saddened. You are a wonderful person. I hope you go to a great place where your quality of life is the best.

Maybe you can have Marigold as your mascot there. It would be wonderful. Please keep us posted. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

davidpizzica
06-24-2009, 05:29 AM
Oh bro this came as quite a shock to me, however i do understand you have been having a lot of health issues, and if it is the best place for you to go, then i wish you well my dear friend , i do hope Marigold can go with you or you can find her a lovely home, as i know it will break your heart, i am thinking of you and all paws and fingers crossed for everything to work out just perfectly. HUGS:love::):):love:

Sis, I think it'll be better this way. I won't have the burden of trying to keep up the house and coping with my health issues at the same time. However I was on Google last night and found out that most assisted living places welcome bringing in pets such as cats. This makes me feel a lot better.

RICHARD
06-24-2009, 06:23 AM
David,

Sorry to hear about your problems. I hope that what ever happens you can keep your cat by your side.

Things will work out. You have PT prayers on your side!:)

Medusa
06-24-2009, 06:43 AM
David, I wish you well and I surely hope that Marigold can go w/you. Assisted living also may be a stepping stone to something else. You may not need to stay there forever but just until you get your illnesses under control and you don't feel so overwhelmed. Whatever the case may be, know that you're in my prayers and all of PT has your back prayer wise. :love:

smokey the elder
06-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Because of documented health benefits of having pets, assisted living places are much friendlier about cats and (small) dogs than they once were. I hope you can find such a place.

Randi
06-24-2009, 08:34 AM
David, I'm sorry to hear you'll have to move, but hopefully you can find a nice place where kitties are allowed. :)

Wishing you the best of luck - and better health!

lvpets2002
06-24-2009, 09:49 AM
:( Oh no David I am so sorry to read this.. I know you will make the right decisions.. Now there is alot of those Living Homes that welcome pets.. So I feel like you will be able to find a place for you & Marigold..

Pinot's Mom
06-25-2009, 09:07 AM
David, I'm SURE you will be able to find a perfect place WITH Marigold. Just think of this as another chapter in your life; you'll be much better off for it. I know many people who have transferred to these facilities and their lives are actually more complete because of it. They have a closer proximity to more people and activities that are more accessible, and, because of the number of people, they're able to get to other activities (church, school in some cases, shopping) as a group with provided transportation that accomodates their needs.

You and Marigold will be better than fine! I'm certain! Keep us posted (as I know you will). :)

moosmom
06-25-2009, 09:55 AM
Like I told you on the phone, I think it's the better thing to do. Everyone is looking out for you buddy.

gini
06-25-2009, 10:41 AM
David if your quality of life will improve with this move then it will be wonderful for you. I have heard so many happy stories about assisted living facilities.

All of us care about you - so please keep us posted on your changes so we can be here to support you.

I too, hope that Marigold will be moving with you.