PDA

View Full Version : what would u get??

Genny
06-22-2009, 05:51 PM
I have 2 tattoos. On the right side of my back I have a japanese symbol that means 'love'. Then on my lower back I have a dragonfly. That's all the tattoos I have. I don't think it looks even you know so I want another tat on my left side of my back. What would you get? I've bveen thinking but can't think of anything...but I do think i need another so I'll have some on each side...

Also in the middle of my back I am going to get a cross that says (faith hope and love)

so I do need one on the other side...so it will all look even and neat.
So what would you guys get???
I don't want anymore symbols or anything though :rolleyes::cool:

Zippy
06-23-2009, 12:14 AM
I have alwas wanted to get a pawprint,a cross and an angel in memory of my aunt tammy.

RICHARD
06-23-2009, 12:15 AM
53 stars on my face, one for each state in the Union.:confused::)

blue
06-23-2009, 01:37 AM
You dont want the full 56 this girl got?? To the OP dont fall "asleep" in the chair.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/17/article-1193384-056169CF000005DC-425_634x561.jpg

I'll pay for half those star tattoos to be removed, says the man who engraved 56 on 18-year-old girl's face

By Mail Foreign Service
Last updated at 5:54 PM on 17th June 2009

The tattooist embroiled in a row with a teenage girl who claims he tattooed 56 stars on her face when she only asked for three has said he will help pay for them to be removed.

Rouslan Toumaniantz said today that Kimberley Vlaminck 'absolutely' agreed she wanted 56 stars tattooed on the left side of her face.

But now the 18-year-old is suing Toumaniantz, claiming she had asked him for only three stars - and had fallen asleep during the procedure, waking up to a nightmare in her Belgian hometown of Courtrai.

A distraught Kimberley Vlaeminck speaks on her mobile phone at home in Belgium today - the 56 tattoos still healing across her face

Toumaniantz - himself covered from head to foot in tattoos and piercings - said he would help pay for half of the treatment to remove the tattoos.

'I maintain that she absolutely agreed that I tattoo those 56 stars on the left side of her face,' he told newspaper La Derniere Heure.

'A witness, a woman who was present, has already been questioned by police, and she confirms it.

'But be that as it may: Kimberley is unhappy and it is not my wish to have an unsatisfied client. There is a way to remove the tattoos with the help of a laser. I accept to pay for half the cost.'

Scarred from life: Kimberley Vlaminck shows her tattooed face. The 56 stars will cost £8,500 to remove

Toumaniantz claimed Kimberley was happy with the work when she left his shop in Coutrai but changed her mind when her father saw the stars.

'She's 18 years old, she's an adult,' he said. 'I don't regret it. To tell you the truth, this has given me some publicity.'

Kimberley is suing Toumaniantz for £10,000 after she paid £55 for 'the graffiti that has ruined my life'.

She claimed the Toumanaintz misunderstood her French and English.

She claims she fell asleep while he was doing his work... and awoke to 'this nightmare'.

'It is terrible for me,' said Kimberley yesterday. 'I cannot go out on to the street, I am so embarrassed. I just look horrible.'

Denial: Rouslan Toumaniantz, who runs the tattoo parlour, says Kimberley asked for 56 stars

Rouslan Toumaniantz's tattoo parlour in Courtrai, Belgium, where Kimberley's face was tattooed

'I think he didn’t understand what I wanted. He spoke only fractured English and French.

'But I explicitly said in my native tongue, French, and also in a little bit of English when he looked confused, that I wanted three little stars only near my left eye.'

Toumaintz, who runs the tattoo parlour called The Tattoo Box in Courtrai, said Kimberley was awake and actually looked in the mirror several times during the procedure to see how it was going.

He said she knew 'exactly what she wanted'.

'The trouble all started when she went home and her father and boyfriend threw a fit.

'They are saying things now like I doped her or hypnotised her. What rubbish!

'She asked for 56 stars and that’s what she got.'

To remove the stars would require surgery costing £8,500.

But even the most advanced laser techniques would, while removing the tattoos, leave deep white marks all across Kimberley's face.

She has launched legal proceedings against Toumanaintz seeking damages, plus the money for the operation.

He was questioned by police earlier this year but they decided it was a civil matter and that there was nothing they could do.

Jules Clocher, a Belgian psychologist, said: 'The trauma this girl must be feeling is indescribable. She feels like a circus freak - and no wonder, because she looks like one.'

Toumanaintz said from now on he will get written consent from clients before he begins tattooing.

Here is the source (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1193384/What-did-expect-Incredible-face-revealed-man-tattooed-girl-56-stars-asked-three.html#) that has more pics.

I want another Barmaid on my left forearm to contrast the one on my right forearm.

happylabs
06-23-2009, 05:47 AM
You dont want the full 56 this girl got?? To the OP dont fall "asleep" in the chair.

How the heck could someone fall asleep while getting a tattoo?!? I have a friend who is a tattoo artist and have watched people get them. No one EVER looked like they were going to fall asleep. This gal must have been taking some good drugs. :D

No tattoos for me. I am just a spectator. ;)

RICHARD
06-23-2009, 07:31 AM
Look, I hate needles and if anyone came close to my eye with a fricking tattoo gun I sure as poop would not be asleep.

Notice that she got them on her non-phone-hand side- So not to be covered when she gets a phone call......:rolleyes:

The dad is way too stupid realize his spawn did this on her own and the girl is way too stupid to realize that the tats were less than one pound apiece.

Seems like this girl doesn't have the shopping gene.;)

---------------------

I have always wanted an ankh on my shoulder/back, but am too stupid/afraid and when I hear of dead bodies found with unique tattoos I cringe....

It's supposed to be art, not an ID for cops who cannot figure out who I am?:eek::mad:;)

kokopup
06-23-2009, 09:19 AM
i spent 6 years in the Navy and perhaps have been in a few dozen tattoo parlors with friends. I never got a tattoo because I couldn't find anything I wanted to live with for the rest of my life. To me it would be like wearing the same shirt or hat every day forever. Many of my early friends that received tattoos now regret it. They say it has hurt employment and other peoples general perception of who they are. i would opt for a new piece of jewelry or new outfit. With this option if you tire of them after a few years you can at least change them. Since you are asking for recommendations that says you don't know what you want. The right recommendation is think about it at least another year before acting. A body piercing would be better because at least the effect is not something that will linger when you tire of it.

I know tattoos are trendy with young people today. This fad will pass over time but the tattoo will be looking back at you when you are old and wrinkled like me. My 2 cents worth.

happylabs
06-23-2009, 10:27 AM
It's supposed to be art, not an ID for cops who cannot figure out who I am?:eek::mad:;)

LOL! :D
You crack me up!

happylabs
06-23-2009, 11:35 AM

Hey...check out this link:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/world/article.html?Tattoo_girl:_I_lied_about_my_stars&in_article_id=690233&in_page_id=64

The girl lied...she knew she was getting 56!

Taz_Zoee
06-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Kokopup has a good point. It's your tattoo and will be on your body forever. You need to decide what it will be.
When my friend and I went to get ours she was looking at a tropical fish and after the guy drew it up she looked at me and asked what I thought. The tattoo artist said - it doesn't matter what she thinks. It's going on your body, YOU need to approve of it.
I mean, we can give you ideas of course. But ultimately it needs to be your decision. It will come to you eventually. Don't rush it.

luckies4me
06-23-2009, 12:48 PM
How the heck could someone fall asleep while getting a tattoo?!? I have a friend who is a tattoo artist and have watched people get them. No one EVER looked like they were going to fall asleep. This gal must have been taking some good drugs. :D

I fell asleep while having my chest tattooed. I had a super bad headache at the time, and getting tattooed relaxed me so much I fell asleep...woke up during the part between my breasts, which had me grabbing onto the sides of the tattoo chair, haha.

I have my son's names on my back. I will be finishing my back in about a year or so, and adding Japanese flowers around it. I have an owl on my chest, and paw prints as well. I only have the paw prints on one side, and I had them in an odd number (long story)...but they glow under the black light which is pretty neat. I have a black cat on my left shoulder and a heart on my right shoulder with stars around it that says, "I love my daddy". :) I know I will have these for the rest of my life, however, when I am older I wont be showing off my body. It wont matter if I'm old and wrinkly, and hopefully I wont get to be that old anyhow!!! Everything that I have done I thought about getting for some time. I don't understand how someone can just walk into a parlour, look at a picture and get it. I think tattoos should be meaningful. I plan on getting my whole left arm sleeved, though I'm still thinking about what I want to have done. Again, it needs to be meaningful.

I would like to put a memorial tattoo for my ex, who commited suicide, and for my step mother who passed away a year and a half ago. Now that my father is sick and isn't expected to live but a few more months if that, I will be waiting to get my step moms tattoo done on me, and would like to put something together that honors them both.

As far as jobs go, I work in a veterinary hospital and have been there for 4 years. Everyone who works there, including the veterinarians have tattoos. :)

If people judge you because of the art on your body, they're not worth your time anyhow. I've gone to several parent play dates and some of the mothers just look at me in disgust. Once they actually speak to me and get to know me their opinions change. It's a funny world.

I love tattoos! They are addicting, and I can't imagine my life without them. I don't regret any, and don't think I ever will. However, I have seen plenty of people unhappy with the ones they have. Make sure you really think about what you want, and make sure your artist knows what he's doing! Go to someone knowledgeable. Good luck!!!

***Props to anyone who knows where my chest tattoo is from!!! :D;) It was my favorite movie as a child.

happylabs
06-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Well, tattoos are definitely not for everyone, me included. :D Personally, I do not have the money to spend on them even if I did want one. I am a practical sort of a person and would spend the money more wisely.

luckies4me
06-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Well, tattoos are definitely not for everyone, me included. :D Personally, I do not have the money to spend on them even if I did want one. I am a practical sort of a person and would spend the money more wisely.

That's why you have your friends do them for free. :p

Cataholic
06-23-2009, 03:48 PM
As far as jobs go, I work in a veterinary hospital and have been there for 4 years. Everyone who works there, including the veterinarians have tattoos. :)

If people judge you because of the art on your body, they're not worth your time anyhow. I've gone to several parent play dates and some of the mothers just look at me in disgust. Once they actually speak to me and get to know me their opinions change. It's a funny world. .

The very sad reality is that in most circumstances, one does not have hours to devote to getting to know the 'inner person'. A job interview might last 30 minutes, a conversation on the street even less. We all make snap judgments every day...be it food on a menu, clothes online, drivers flying past us at 65 mph. Life is fast. I would not want anyone to 'judge' me- or form an impression about me based on some body art. I don't want anyone to look at me in disgust based on body art.

We live in a society that DOES emphasize looks. We can argue against it all day long, but, it exists. For those entering the job market, think long and hard about what jobs you are possibly writing off by 'sleeving', or getting tatoos where anyone can see you. With the market getting tighter and tighter...is it really worth it to lose out on a life long opportunity just because you have a tatoo?

I just finished a jury trial in which my client's wife could not wear a skirt during the trial. I would have preferred her in a skirt...not slacks. But, she had too many tatoos on her legs. It wasn't worth it to risk offending the jury because of her body art. The sheriff's department of the county in which I reside won't hire people with visible tatoos. We turned away a potential candidate for a paralegal position because of her body art.

I would think long and hard about it.

caseysmom
06-23-2009, 04:08 PM
My daughter works at a water park and anyone with tattoos has to cover up and the life guards have to wear long sleeves if they have too many on their arms. I agree with cataholic it has a negative impact for people of our generation, that just is what it is.

I don't really like tattoos but if I ever got one it would be paw prints on my ankle, little ones.

Edwina's Secretary
06-23-2009, 05:11 PM
The very sad reality is that in most circumstances, one does not have hours to devote to getting to know the 'inner person'. A job interview might last 30 minutes, a conversation on the street even less. We all make snap judgments every day...be it food on a menu, clothes online, drivers flying past us at 65 mph. Life is fast. I would not want anyone to 'judge' me- or form an impression about me based on some body art. I don't want anyone to look at me in disgust based on body art.

We live in a society that DOES emphasize looks. We can argue against it all day long, but, it exists. For those entering the job market, think long and hard about what jobs you are possibly writing off by 'sleeving', or getting tatoos where anyone can see you. With the market getting tighter and tighter...is it really worth it to lose out on a life long opportunity just because you have a tatoo?

I just finished a jury trial in which my client's wife could not wear a skirt during the trial. I would have preferred her in a skirt...not slacks. But, she had too many tatoos on her legs. It wasn't worth it to risk offending the jury because of her body art. The sheriff's department of the county in which I reside won't hire people with visible tatoos. We turned away a potential candidate for a paralegal position because of her body art.

I would think long and hard about it.

I agree. You cannot be a California Highway Patrol person if you have visible tattoos. There are many restaurants who will not hire people with visible tattoos (and before you say it...no - that is not illegal. Tattoos are not a "protected class.") Even the marines now have limits on tattoos.

And of course we make judgements about how people make themselves look. If I see someone coming down the street with a face mask and hoodie on I do not think I will take the time to get to know the "inner person."

That is why there are uniforms -- to help us make judgments.

luckies4me
06-23-2009, 06:01 PM
None of my tattoos are visible when I am at work. They are easily covered up, and no one knows I have them unless a client comes in and we start to compare our art. Fortunately, I'm only ever going to have a job in one field, veterinary medicine, and if not I will be staying home raising my children. I don't have to worry about employment. If I did ever choose to do something else, again, my tattoos can be covered up. It's not effecting me in a bad way. It's quite interesting too, as most of the people who comment they love my tattoos are always older women, say 50 and older. They especially love my dad tattoo and think it's lovely. It's all in the way you are raised. I have always been a bit of a tom boy. I would never consider purchasing a dress, skirt, and hardly ever wear shorts. I am however, making an exception for my sisters upcoming wedding in September. I am not a girly girl. Heck, I hardly ever wear makeup. I love being able to put art on my body that instantly gives a person a feel for the type of personality I have.

And, we all know, that if a person judges you just because you have a tattoo, you probably shouldn't have that person in your life anyway. ;) Just my two cents. :)

Taz_Zoee
06-23-2009, 06:28 PM
I understand what you are saying about employment. That's why my tat is on my ankle where I can hide it. And it's not very big anyway.

But I wonder about the people that have gauges (or whatever they are called) in their ears and/or face piercings. I know you can take piercings out, but not gauges. Those leave holes, big holes. I also wonder what that 20 year old will do with those holes when they are 70 or 80 years old.

That was my concern when I got a tatoo. I was thinking of getting Dopey from Snow White then I thought......hmmm.... 70's years old with a wrinkly Dopey on my ankle. No thanks. So I just went with a flower. And yeah, my tattoo has no meaning but I don't regret it.

luckies4me
06-23-2009, 06:32 PM
That's just one thing I don't understand...gauging yourself. I had my ears done at a zero, but I took them out and now they are back to a normal sized hole. I did this so I could put in normal rings in my ears for my sisters wedding. I know a guy who had just below his lip gauged very big, then took it out. The only way to fix it is surgically. That's why I never went past a zero on my ears. Anything past that and you're stuck with a big hole. But, to each their own I guess. :)

caseysmom
06-23-2009, 06:45 PM
I think I am pretty non-judgemental about tattoos and I am one of those old ladies admiring the vet techs tattoos when I take the dogs in, one of the young ladies has paw prints that I fell in love with.

It is a generational thing though, my pet peeve is people being judgemental though and that irritates me more than tattoos if that makes sense.

Edwina's Secretary
06-23-2009, 08:16 PM
And, we all know, that if a person judges you just because you have a tattoo, you probably shouldn't have that person in your life anyway. ;) Just my two cents. :)

Now aren't you judging the person who is judging you because of your tattoos?:D:D Without getting to know what they are really like on the inside?

I love being able to put art on my body that instantly gives a person a feel for the type of personality I have.
So they can judge what kind of person you are? Isn't that "judging"?

One of my sisters has a tattoo, her daughter has a couple and one of my stepsons has tattoos. They know how I feel about tattoo but they do not judge me for it. They appreciate the person I am on the inside....:D:p:D

luckies4me
06-23-2009, 09:26 PM
That's not what I mean. I mean people who automatically think you are a bad person for putting ink on your body. People who think you are a rebel, or someone who is a trouble maker just because you have a tattoo. Those are the types of people I am talking about.

If a person is going to form an opinion of me just by a quick glance and decide I am not a good person, they are not worth my time.

Plus, if they decide in that quick time that I'm not worth their time because I have tattoos, it wouldn't matter if I wanted to get to know them now would it? Because they'd never give me the chance. ;)

Plus, what the older people don't understand is that in ten years hiring people with tattoos will be no big deal, because they will be the norm.

Edwina's Secretary
06-23-2009, 09:57 PM
Plus, what the older people don't understand is that in ten years hiring people with tattoos will be no big deal, because they will be the norm.

Far more likely is your kids will find something to do that will annoy and offend your generation.:D:p:D:cool:

At least that has been history up to now!:D

Genny
06-23-2009, 09:58 PM
I know what ya'll mean when you say it could keep you from getting a good job in the future, but all of my tattoos are on my back and I can cover them up very easy w/ a shirt.
I'm not gonna get a tattoo just because someone tells me that's what I should get LOL I was just asking ya'lls' opinions. I'm gonna get what I want....just don't know what yet, but I really want a cross that says faith hope and love.
My other 2 tattoos don't really mean anything. The first one I got was the love symbol and I got it cause I just wanted something simple.
The second tattoo which is my dragonfly I just got because I've always loved dragonflies and think they're cool. My 'love' tattoo is solid black but my dragonfly is teal blue (color of my car) and purple. I like it a lot.
I thought about getting my horoscope sign, but I dunno...we'll see..

RICHARD
06-23-2009, 10:10 PM
A small observation?

Tats are unique and should say something about the person that chooses them to go on their skin.

When you go to have ink put down you are at the mercy of the 'artist'. YOu can take a pic/signia/idea to a inkster and challenge them to put it on your skin.

I have seen some work that made me stare at the person/body part-for one of two reasons.

1. The thing rocks

or

2. What the eff were you on when you got THAT?:eek:

------------------------------------

STOP.....

No one will judge you when you have a spiral of flowers peeking from the strap of a tank top.

If the tat is classy no one will complain,

Do the sevsn circles of Hell, a spider or a lamprey on your shoulders, people will freak out.

The skulls, vampires, zombies eating baby arms is a sort of turn off.

---------------

A piar of paw prints on the inner wrist, a tat on the inside of the ankle is o.k.

It's when you go "mike tyson" it's time to stay at home.

luckies4me
06-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Far more likely is your kids will find something to do that will annoy and offend your generation.:D:p:D:cool:

At least that has been history up to now!:D

Very true!!!:D

happylabs
06-24-2009, 08:48 AM

Has anyone seen the “artist” that tattooed this gal’s face?

Rouslan Toumaniantz

http://www.geocities.com/happylabs_web_design/tattooguy.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1193384/What-did-expect-Incredible-face-revealed-man-tattooed-girl-56-stars-asked-three.html

I'm speechless...

Genny
09-26-2009, 09:47 PM
I know this thread is old, but I ended up getting a red rose and it has some tribal art on it. It's pretty cool...I like it a lot... That's been last summer when I got it....now I want another one...just 1 more....that's all...I am pretty sure this time I want a small cross in the middle of my back... (I've heard that hurts!!!!)) does it?? :p then I think that's pretty much the last tattoo I'll ever get :) cause to me 4 is enough for any girl...I'm not sayin more than 4 is too many...but just for me, myself...it would be...

blue
09-26-2009, 10:03 PM
I just found the tattoo artist that I wanted to do my second barmaid on facebook. The guy who did my first barmaid trained this guy but they have completely different styles. I figure if I have to wear long sleave shirts for work to cover one forearm, why not have a reason to cover up the other.

ETA: Anything over bone is going to sting. An ex GF of mine had a tattoo over her shoulder blade, the tattoo was also etched into the bone. The artist that did her tattoo, however wasnt known for having a light hand.

Genny
09-26-2009, 10:06 PM
cool, so like do you have a lot of tattoos???

blue
09-26-2009, 11:15 PM
cool, so like do you have a lot of tattoos???

Just 5. Its been about 8 years since the last one.

dukedogsmom
09-27-2009, 02:48 AM
You should get something that interests you. It's going to be there a long time so it should be something you really like. I'll be getting my fourth one on Tuesday. It's my AV from a website. Getting it on my right shoulder blade. Next one I'll be getting is my RB Duke. I've got to think about what I want on it and save up because it's going to have lots of color and be pretty big. I'll get that on my left ankle.