PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe this?

Genny
06-20-2009, 10:22 PM
I don't know if you guys remember or not but a while back I posted a thread about this guy and this is it if you don't remember
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=151262
The link should be right there. ^^^^^

Anyways not long after I last posted he called and asked me out and we went to the river and just talked-after that we texted and called each other back a forth-- then I got a job at Chick-fil-a and he would come by and see me while I was at work.
A couple months went by of him stopping by once or twice a week. A few weeks went by and I texted him and said 'I haven't seen you in awhile what's up' and he texted back and said he had been plannin a wedding. The day after he stopped by my work and said he was getting married. It's not like he cheated on me we had only been talking--not going out--) but anyway I was like 'WHAT!!' you know I didn't act like it bothered me I was like 'really i can't belive you're gettin married' and he was like 'yeah i am'. I couldn't believe it seriously...he's only 18 and we had been talking for a long time and he had never once mentioned a girl.
After he told me he still kept coming by where I work, but thsi time w/ his guy friends. I just kinda felt awkward around him so I didn't talk to him much just like hey how are you was all I said. He didn't say much either...

Less than a month after telling me he's getting married he just shows up at my house one day and says 'hey I wanted to show you my new jeep' and we tlak a few min. and then he goes' well i'm not engaged anymore' I said 'why, what happened?' and he said 'she was just crazy.'

So like can you guys just believe him? I'm not gonna let him get to me this time and break my heart all over again.

But what do you think is up w/ him? What's w/ him? What does he want?

joycenalex
06-20-2009, 10:34 PM
i think he was/is keeping you as a backup plan. avoid guys like this, he's already shown 1-that he's not THAT interested in you and 2-he keeps secrets and compartmentalizes his life real real well. big big warning flags

Karen
06-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Yeah, I'd not let him be anything more than a casual friend. Plus, he's only 18, and not a very mature 18 - he likely doesn't even know himself what he wants from the sound of it. An engagement is not something to undertake - and then break - lightly. He needs to get his own head on straight first, and you don;t need to be anyone's "rebound" relationship.

You deserve better, and I am glad you know that. We are proud of you, kiddo.

aTailOf2Kitties
06-21-2009, 11:36 AM
hmmmm..... depends on what the Jeep looks like ;)

Taz_Zoee
06-21-2009, 12:05 PM
I agree with the other posts. Please don't fall for this guy again. You can and deserve so much better than that. It's his loss.

pomtzu
06-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Not being cruel by saying this, but it seems he wants to keep you around for a backup until he latches on to someone else. Don't settle for this. There are plenty of genuinely sincere guys out there, and you'll find one when the time is right. Stay clear of this one, as it appears that he is far from sincere. The only person he's thinking of, is himself. :(

carole
06-21-2009, 09:57 PM
My advice is to kick him to the kerb honey and don't look back.:)

K9karen
06-21-2009, 10:23 PM
A tiger doesn't change his stripes. I know you like him, he's been attentive, but IMO, keep him as only a friend. I can't believe I'd ever be saying this, having once been your age, a gazillion years ago...but looking back, I realized what I didn't really know about people (mainly guys) at the time. You have your whole life ahead of you. You'll meet so many guys, I'm sure. And get your heart broken too. But that's how it is. A good learning experience. You'll know when the right guy shows up. Chin up kiddo! :love::love:

Cataholic
06-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Some guys never change. I dated this guy once, years ago. We moved on with our lives, and probably hadn't had any contact with each other for 4 years or so?? Anyhow, I saw him at the gym and we chatted...how are you, how is work, family, what's new...and then went our separate ways after a 10minute long, pleasant chat. I found out about a week later that he had gotten married that weekend after we spoke! And, never mentioned a single word of it! Wasn't that kind of new and exciting? Never said a word to me about it. LOL...he has since divorced, and rumor has it the girl was "just crazy". Nah...HE is the crazy one, always was and apparently, always will be!