PDA

View Full Version : Vent Stupid People

HoochsMommiee
06-20-2009, 05:02 PM
well i had to go out in this heat today and get hope and hunter some food and so i went to petco as usual and i pull into a parking spot and next to me there is this beauitful large breed newfie mix and the windows were barley down (ticked me off) so i went into petco and had them announce to the store about the dog and i went right back out there and grabbed some water and a disposble dish and gave the dog some water opened the car door a bit so he could drink and i called the cops well the lady comes out and says she didn't know u could bring dogs in petco :rolleyes: and its like 97 degrees here and she got in trouble from the cops and swear if petco did not want or let dogs in why would it say where the pets go

some people like her should not have pets and other people were there as a witness too..

Queen of Poop
06-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Thank you for saving that doggie. A job well done on your part. Shame on that woman.

HoochsMommiee
06-20-2009, 05:57 PM
thanks, i could not believe that woman.. i mean i gave the dog two bottles of water b4 she even got out there.. stupid people there is no way i could of left there with out trying to help that poor doggy

i even gave her some water to take with her for the dog i think the dog was like 100+ lbs it was beauitful wish i had my camera

Shame on me for not having my camera with me

Karen
06-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Thank you for helping the poor doggie. Newfs are such big softies, and being all (or mostly) black with such a heavy coat they suffer even more in the heat. I hope she learns from her lesson, and never leaves him/her in a hot car ever again.

Grace
06-20-2009, 06:27 PM
I, also, cannot understand where their brains are. I do the very same thing you did - announce in the store, dial 911. And when the owner shows up, I ask them - Would you leave your child in the car?. That usually shuts them up.

chocolatepuppy
06-20-2009, 07:36 PM
People can be SO ignorant!!!:mad: Good for you for helping the dog.

Daisy and Delilah
06-20-2009, 08:15 PM
My hat goes off to you!!! Great job! I don't think there is a Pet Talker that could see an animal suffering and not try to help. We are a great bunch of people.

She didn't know dogs could go in the store? Ok. Why did she bring the dog out in that kind of heat anyway? To leave him in the car. She is very very very stupid!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

It's about 100 degrees here too and I can't imagine leaving a dog in the car. I can hardly stand to walk to the car from the house, it's so hot.:(

mr.chiwawa
06-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Wanna hear something really stupid??
It is NOT thats right NOT agasint the law here in New Hampshire to leave your dog in the car:mad::mad::mad:
I saw one in a car the other day when I was going into the mall. I called the police and they said sorry there is nothing they could do where the owner isnt breaking the law:mad::mad:
I wanted to cry.
So be thankful your town/state cares

happylabs
06-20-2009, 10:01 PM
That is awesome that you did that. I agree with others in that why the heck would you take the dog in the first place?!? How can people be so stupid?!? It angers me.

I saw a dog in a car at the grocery store one day when it was 90+ degrees outside. It was a little dog but still... I asked the store personnel to do something and they wouldn't. Then the woman came out. I didn't have the nerve to say anything.

I have an idea for next time though if I see this. I have heard the grocery store announce on the loud speaker about someone leaving their lights on. Next time I see a dog in the car in the hot summer heat I am going in and telling them the license # and that the lights are on. Then I am going to go wait by the car. Hopefully I have as much nerve as you did. I see this way too often.

Dog's need a license. Some owner's should have to have a license too!!!

IRescue452
06-21-2009, 03:19 PM
I've seen it too many times. I do bring Autumn to my mom's every morning and have left her alone for a 5 minute run to the bank, but if it's too hot I drop her off first and backtrack on my own.

cassiesmom
06-21-2009, 08:35 PM
You go, Hooch's Mommy! The Petsmart where I shop allows leashed pets in the store. If the newfie's person didn't bring a leash along, would the store have one she could borrow? Or, would she have had to purchase one if she'd brought the dog inside? I just cringe when I see a dog in a car. Hooch's Mommy, ya done good! :D

kokopup
06-21-2009, 11:23 PM
I leave Koko in the car all the time when we are out. In cool/cold weather I leave the windows cracked for ventilation. In warm/hot weather I have 2 sets of keys so I can lock her in with the engine running and the Air on. . When I go in a store I always tell her "I'll be right back", and she will happily wait my return. I never leave her alone more than a few minutes and would never leave her in the heat without air conditioning.

When we go to Petco this is her time to explore and sniff every bin in the store. We have a couple of coffee shops that we go to that has outdoor tables so she gets to lay beside me and greet everyone coming and going. One shop "Coffee Bean" will even let her come in with me.

It is a rare thing that I leave her at home. Koko is my best bud and constant companion. When I go to the Doctor of course I leave her at home and she will happily wait my return. When I get to the door I see her looking out thru the sidelites tail wagging.

cali
06-24-2009, 06:06 PM
some people :rolleyes: here, you cannot leave a dog in a hot car, and the law permits the police to smash any car window they see fit in order to rescue a dog. they isssue a statment to the public every summer stating that fact.