PDA

View Full Version : Could it be any more humid?!

Medusa
06-19-2009, 03:09 PM
It was only 66 this morning and I had to turn on the AC. I was sweating and I had just woke up! It's 84 now and awful. We waited all year to go outdoors and now it's too humid. As well, such is life in Ohio.

Casper
06-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Ugh, I know how you feel! Its in the 90s here(though it feels like were are in the 100s), and the humidity makes it almost unbearable to step foot outside.

pomtzu
06-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Sure - you want humid - come visit me. :eek: I turned the a.c. back on this morning after it being off for a week. It's not too awfully bad right now, but July and August are our bad months for humidity. It gets like the tropics - you open the door to go outside, and it feels like someone throwing a hot, wet, blanket in your face. In weather like that, I just hibernate inside. :p

lizbud
06-19-2009, 04:50 PM
It is wicked hot here in Indiana too. Temp today was 90s and humidity
in the 70s. It hits you right in the face when you open the door.:(

happylabs
06-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Come on over to Pennsylvania! I just got out of work. The temps are in the 70's, a cool breeze and no humidity! I hear rain is in the forecast for tomorrow though. :(

What would we do without our A/C?!? I'd die...

Marigold2
06-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Very violent weather seems to be across our entire country. Ohio weather is horrid most of the time.

Medusa
06-19-2009, 05:40 PM
What would we do without our A/C?!? I'd die...

The only really nice weather we've had this spring is when my son was home visiting last month and he was constantly bugging me about turning on the AC. I like to go w/out it unless it gets really humid. I like screened windows open but he likes AC. He said that he doesn't know how he endured living in Ohio humidity all those years. I felt the same way when I lived in AZ though.

chocolatepuppy
06-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Too humid here also Mary. I hate humid.:(

Karen
06-19-2009, 08:43 PM
It's been raining and raining here - I prefer that to neat and humidity, although there is a flood watch for tomorrow afternoon and evening. We're up on a hill, so aren't worried.

It's been a cool June so far, and I am not complaining!

Kfamr
06-19-2009, 11:24 PM
Could it be any more humid? The answer is yes... visit Florida. ;)

Daisy and Delilah
06-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Could it be any more humid? The answer is yes... visit Florida. ;)

I agree with you, Kay, 500% !!!! Humidity is a way of life here. If it's 90 degrees, it feels like 105 degrees. It is really almost unbearable. We just plan to sweat and shower around the clock here. Why do I still live here???:eek:

On the days I get to stay in, I am as happy as I can possibly get.:)

Freedom
06-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Since the first day of Spring, all we have had is: dreary! Rain or dense low cloud cover. I think we've seen the sun all of 3 times. It is also cooler and normal for this time of year. It has been 6 weeks of this, and it is ENOUGH ALREADY!!

Guess we are not always happy, no matter where we live, with our weather!

Kirsten
06-21-2009, 02:14 PM
I'm with you on this one... Humidity is just awful; and I don't like it at all.

So far, we had a very cold and rainy summer, but I'm sure as soon as the temperatures rise, it will become humid as well. At least here in my area. And most buildings here don't have a/c!

Kirsten

RICHARD
06-21-2009, 02:27 PM
A little humility never hurt anyone.:confused:

Willow Oak
06-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Eat your hearts out!

At Willow Oak the climate is always conducive. The tall forest trees cast a shadow over the whole place, and the cool breezes always dispel the humidity. The sun shines bright, the sky is blue, and the grass is sweet and green.

At least while I am indoors under the A/C! :)

pomtzu
06-21-2009, 02:31 PM

Sure - easy for you CA people to say..........:p

Cataholic
06-22-2009, 11:18 AM
It is the heat AND the stupidity that does it in for me.....

Kirsten
06-22-2009, 11:48 AM

Oh, I invite you to come to Germany where the houses have no a/c, and where we often have these warm, humid tropical nights during the summer season. In these nights, you feel like someone placed a wet towel over your face, and you feel you cannot breath. The air never seems to have enough oxygen... it's pure torture!

Kirsten

ChrisH
06-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Oh, I invite to you come to Germany where the houses have no a/c, and where we often have these warm, humid tropical nights during the summer season. In these nights, you feel like someone placed a wet towel over your face, and you feel you cannot breath. The air never seems to have enough oxygen... it's pure torture!

Kirsten
Kirsten, living in the UK I know exactly what you mean.

momcat
06-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Thirteen straight days of rain here. It has gotten to where the sidewalks squish when we walk on them. Fortunately the temperature has stayed around the 60-70 degree range so the humidity isn't that bad.....yet. Spring and summer are not my time of year. Fall and winter seem so far away.....

Medusa
06-24-2009, 06:38 AM
Finally we've had a couple of nice and warm days. Humid, yes, but nothing like it's been, thankfully. Supposed to be 85 today. I'll take it.

Randi
06-24-2009, 08:32 AM
I'm lucky, so far. It's a clear sunny day 24 C (75F) with humidity at 34%. Can't get much better than that! :D

Of course, Copenhagen is also near the coast. :)