PDA

View Full Version : Never waste your money again. Pet Bed Help.

RICHARD
06-19-2009, 02:36 PM
I am the Cat Whisperer!:eek::rolleyes::confused:

I finally got my money's worth from an old cat bed purchase..

It is very gratifying to finally see the Edster use a bed I had purchased for him a few years ago.

And I will tell you how I did it!:rolleyes:

-------------------

I bought him a nice comfy cat bed at Target. As with all things "CAT", I tried to get him interested by tossing it on the floor in the middle of the room and letting him sniff around it.

Nope, no way, no how is he going to sleep in it....I put it away, brought it out and then moved it from spot to spot around the house.

On laundry day I take all the stuff to get washed and toss in into a pile on the floor, this is a great place for a cat to nap for most of the day. So L-Day jumps around during the week.

One day I tossed the bed under the pile of clothes and noticed that as I removed the laundry, he got closer and closer to the bed.

A few days ago there was laundry to do!

I went to toss the pile down in it's usual place and there in the cat bed, sound asleep, is the dude that I originally bought the danged thing for.

So, I had to toss the laundry in in order let a sleeping cat, sleep!

Today I walked by the cat bed and I was amazed beyond belief, He was back on it. He did walk around today and took another nap on the bed, again!

It made me think that I have some kind of special powers to get a cat to love something.

No, It's the old Rules of Cats! , "Put anything in my spot, I'll sleep on it" .:rolleyes:;)

catmandu
06-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Thats funny Richard, and I once bought a sheepskin Cat Loo for 30 dollars at a store closeout.
They of course ignore it , but I waited and the Kitten Trio sleeps on it once in a while so thier Human Dad doesnt cry.
Its a sympathy sleep at best.:eek::eek::rolleyes::p

happylabs
06-19-2009, 03:23 PM
The bed most likely got your scent on it from the dirty clothes. That gives me an idea for the next cat tree I buy. I am going to cover it in dirty clothes for a week first.

RICHARD
06-19-2009, 03:25 PM
The bed most likely got your scent on it from the dirty clothes. That gives me an idea for the next cat tree I buy. I am going to cover it in dirty clothes for a week first.

Don't blame me when company comes over and they see that, eh?;)

GILL
06-19-2009, 03:35 PM
We have 6 cat beds and a cat couch. at one time or another they will use them. be the fovorite is the pile of clothes on the floor. so now there are some old towels piled in front of a dresser and they get washed with the clothes. Every body loves them.