PDA

View Full Version : Going to be taking in a feral kitty

Queen of Poop
06-18-2009, 09:14 PM
I put the word out with the Calgary Humane Society that I'd like a feral or barn kitty. One that would like to live in our heated 3 car garage and feast on the mice that have taken over. They called me this afternoon with such a kitty. She is a grey/silver tabby, on the small side, won't let anyone touch her. She was trapped in the Northeast part of Calgary. They will spay and tattoo her before I can go collect her. I've not seen her, but I suspect she's a beauty. Perhaps in time I can at least pet her a bit and let her know she's loved. I'm trying to decide on a name, the first one that came to me was Sophia, but I'm not entirely set on it, need to see her face first. As soon as I get her I'll try to get a decent photo to share.

Scooter's Mom
06-19-2009, 03:06 AM
Good luck! I suspect that with your love and affection you'll have her eating out of your hands (maybe even literally!) in no time.

moosmom
06-19-2009, 07:31 AM
Gayle,

Thanks for taking her in!! You rock,girl!!

Randi
06-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Isn't that great... one more kitty saved! :) Good luck getting her socialized!

catmandu
06-19-2009, 09:41 AM
:)As they say at the Animal Welfare Association of Hamilton thats the way you have to do it, one cat at a time.
Bless you for taking a chance on that Feral Cat, and we are praying that she adjusts to live with you soon!!!
God Bless You For Caring.:)

GILL
06-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Thank you for taking in this little girl. We have an in house feral, SWEETY, she had 2 litters in our yard before we got her in. She gave us MITS and PEAK from the frist and BOOTS from the 2nd. She has been in the house over 3 years and we still can not get close to her. BUT she will sit and talk with her eyes all day. At lest we know she is safe and will not have any more kittens.
Again THANK YOU

Medusa
06-19-2009, 02:49 PM
My Yodie is feral and now after 5 years, she'll finally let me give her belly rubs, on her terms, of course. She's definitely not a lap cat but I'm amazed at how she'll give leg hugs now and to strangers, too! When I first took her in, I thought she'd spend the rest of her life behind the wall unit. She's pretty mouthy and hissy but she definitely fits in w/the rest of the Fur Posse. Your barn cat may end up a house cat, Gayle. :p

Anikaca77
06-19-2009, 03:10 PM
That's great that you are going to take her in and Sophia is a nice choice. My one eye girl is named that.

Any name will be fine for her I'm sure.

Melissa

phesina
06-19-2009, 04:14 PM
God bless you and [kitty to be named]. Thank you so much for doing this. One more cat that has a chance she never did before.

kb2yjx
06-19-2009, 07:10 PM
This is great news!!! We are still working with Hayley(5 yrs), Delilah(7 months in the house), and her brother, Samson(in the house 3 months). Samson is the moosh, the girls can be a bit stand-offish...We are all works in progress. One of my patients gave me a great quote: " Be Kind to Me....the Lord's not finished with me yet!" Philippians 1:6
One of my favourites....

momtomany
06-19-2009, 07:46 PM
How wonderful for Sophia to have a home. Given time I am sure she will come around.

snowbelle15
06-19-2009, 11:19 PM
This is a great thing you are doing. One more kitty that has a loving home! I bet you get Sophia socialized in no time. Good luck! And I cannot wait to see pictures :)

Queen of Poop
06-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Talked with the girl at the Humane Society, kitty is scheduled for surgery on Wednesday so I can pick up him/her at 4 pm Wednesday. Yes, him/her. Apparently they aren't entirely sure she is a GIRL!!! Guess I'll find out Wednesday. Better come up with a boy kitty name, just in case.

Got all the supplies a new kitty will need.