PDA

View Full Version : She's really a "HE"???!!!???

Donnaj4962
06-16-2009, 12:29 PM
My friends adopted a kitten (at 3 months of age, they think) about 2 months ago. Very sweet widdle baby, cuddly, and a super loud purrer! They named the sweetie "Mittens".... white toesies!

Last night, while I was over visiting, Mittens was taking a bath on my friend's lap when my friend suddenly got a startled look on her face! She said there was something "pinkish" sticking out. I looked, found a couple of other parts, and sure enough, Mittens is a "HE"!!!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

Poor thing, I hope he's not scarred for life since we have been calling him a her for all this time! :confused:

GILL
06-16-2009, 12:38 PM
NO PROBLEM We thought Roscoe was a he, she came to us at about 4-5 weeks (eyes were still a little blue) That is why the name. When I took her to the vet at about 8 weeks the vet looked at me very strange and said I though you where bring me a boy. OPP'S So now she is shortened to Roz.
They don’t care what they are called as long as it is backed by love.

lvpets2002
06-16-2009, 12:45 PM
:p You have just made my day.. I am laughing my butt off.. sorry just too funny.. I will guess Mittens will be Nippens now right.. Nippens due to those wittle balls will be nipped & gone when he is neutered.. Please we must see a picture.. :D

Karen
06-16-2009, 01:18 PM
I have known two male kitties named Mittens - it's a good gender-neutral name! :)

Kirsten
06-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Oh wow!!! :eek:

Glad that he doesn't have a name that sounds all too female... :D

Kirsten

Medusa
06-16-2009, 03:08 PM
I had the opposite happen here. I thought my Specs was female when I got him. It wasn't until I had him vetted that the truth was revealed. He has such long hair that his parts were all covered up! :p

catmandu
06-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Some Cats mature more slowly than others , especially Tortie Males and a certain amount of cofusion can occur.
As PG Wodehouse once wrote you adopt a Cat and call him George , and then one day there are 4 Kittens running about and you realize that your plans have to be changed a bit.
A BIG MEEEOW to Mittens from US ALL!!!
:love::love:

Taz_Zoee
06-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Ahh, names don't matter. We've got CathyBogart that has a girl cat named Charlie. And jenn_librarian has a girl cat named Boris. And I know there are more kitties out there that have names that would "normally" be suited for the opposite sex. Who cares as long as they are loved? :D
OH, a former co-worker has a boy cat named Zoe!!! LOL

aTailOf2Kitties
06-16-2009, 05:32 PM
when I worked at the vet we had a lady saying her cat's "dash" had turned into "two dots and a dash". They thought it was female until certain other parts started protruding above, LOL

kb2yjx
06-16-2009, 06:22 PM
Sister Elizabeth had named a white cat " Heidi." Then a few days later, Sister told me the cat's name was now Nicholas! He sure was " Heiding" a few things!!! I hope you will keep the name " Mittens." It is a great name!

Freedom
06-16-2009, 07:06 PM
:D:D:D

At that young age, it isn't easy to tell. Quite understandable!

The one I never quite understood was the neighbor's guinea pig; they had "Jasmine" for 2 years, couldn't keep "her" any longer and I phoned a friend who has had piggies. She took "Jasmine" home, picked "her" up, and phoned me, piggy still in her arms, lol. "What's WITH those people? I mean, they have KIDS!" :D:D:D

"Jasmine" became Elvis and lived anothe 2.5 years, quite happily I may add.