PDA

View Full Version : Pinot's adventure!

Pinot's Mom
06-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Well, Pinot is a little adventurer!

A year ago, when we first adopted her, our pet sitter told us Pinot opened the screen/slider door on the basement level (where Pinot spends a lot of time; finished basement, her food and litter box are down there, the back has a full walk out) and let herself out. She hasn't done it since, and we haven't thought about it. Last night, about 10PM, my husband went down to watch the rest of the ball game, I was cleaning the kitchen; he came up with a panicked look and said "have you seen Pinot?". No, why? The screen door is opened...she did it again! We looked for her for well over an hour, although not far, because it was dark. We were so upset!! Finally, about 11:30, my husband called for me and said she had been sitting at the edge of the woods behind us, and probably laughing at us looking for her! He brought her inside and she's fine. Whew!!

Just thought I'd share our little stressful episode!:rolleyes:

RICHARD
06-13-2009, 10:24 PM
We were so upset!! Finally, about 11:30, my husband called for me and said she had been sitting at the edge of the woods behind us, and probably laughing at us looking for her! He brought her inside and she's fine. Whew!!

Just thought I'd share our little stressful episode!:rolleyes:

Been there, had my fright, exercise and stress test all in one evening!

Thank goodness you found the little bugger, Time to go to Home Depot and get a sliding door lock?:D

happylabs
06-14-2009, 03:04 AM
Oh my yes...been there too and it is stressful! Glad you found her and she is back in safe and sound.

catmandu
06-14-2009, 07:17 AM
Its a good thing Our Pet Angel Search and Rescue Squad made a preventive rescue before Pinot could get far away from her home and into the world outside where she could be lost.
And yes we bet she was chuckling a bit as you tried to find her.
Cant you see me Meeowmie and Pawpie??
Im right here!!!!:p:p:p

pomtzu
06-14-2009, 07:56 AM
Oh no! Time to get a screen door that locks. ;)

Laura's Babies
06-14-2009, 09:10 AM
SOME cats are just TO smart for their own good! :rolleyes: (Looks like you have one of them)

Barbara
06-14-2009, 01:01 PM
It reminds me of the evening when I came home late and Filou was sittinbg on the icy ground just close to Siegmar's car. It really gives you a big shock. Glad to hear Pinot is safely back inside.

Taz_Zoee
06-14-2009, 01:12 PM
I am happy to say I've never been there and I hope I never go there!

I'm glad you found Pinot and she is home safe and sound. :)

Catty1
06-14-2009, 01:14 PM
You have to wonder if they do it on purpose - just to watch us panic! :D

Glad she is home safe and sound, the l'il stinker!:love:

phesina
06-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Oh my God... heart-attack city! So glad to hear she turned up without mishap.

Time for an emergency sliding-door fix.

Medusa
06-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Oh yeah, you have a potential cat burglar on your hands, the li'l sneak. Whew! Close one there! Glad all is well. :)

momcat
06-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Oh Pinot, how could you upset your Meowmie and Daddy like that? Please don't ever do that again! It can be pretty dangerous outside for kitties so be sure to stay inside where it's safe, okay?

cassiesmom
06-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Pinot, that is an adventure that had a happy ending! Whew!

Pinot's Mom
06-15-2009, 12:19 PM
The good thing about doing "romps" outside with her is that she is familiar with her surroundings, so we were hoping she would stay where she'd been. She basically did, as far as we know! When we have her out, she "talks" to us quite a bit, and that was how she was found. Pinot decided she was finished being entertained and let out a "meow" to say "Dad, I'm right here!!".

And yes, we're looking into securing that door! ;)

lvpets2002
06-15-2009, 12:32 PM
:eek: Oh no.. I am glad she is back home & all is good & well.. Yup babies can sure do funny things.. Now Pinot stay indoors.. You dont want Roco to worry do you.. Roco sends her Sweet Kissess & Huggss..

Randi
06-15-2009, 12:43 PM
You have to wonder if they do it on purpose - just to watch us panic! :D
Excatly!! LOL!

It sounds just like Fister in the old days, he would make us nervous wrecks - and taking turns getting us out of bed, going down the back staircase in our nighties at 2, 3, 4 and 5AM, before he would finaly give in and come up! We learned not to let him down at dusk after that! :p

Glad Pinot is OK and stays close! :)