PDA

View Full Version : Brown frogs in tank

Genny
06-12-2009, 07:35 PM
I got 2 of those little brown frogs for my tank today and I was wondering what else besides frozen blood worms do they enjoy eating? I also have one of albino frogs, but he's just a baby right now. And are they scavengers?? Will the eat almost anything off the bottom of the tank????
Thanks!!!

IRescue452
06-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Congrats. If any of the brown ones are dwarf frogs, they will eat bloodworms, brine shrimp, chopped reptomin food, and small softened cichlid pellets. The albino will eat the same as a baby, but when it grows up (they get over 5 inches) you can expect it to eat the dwarf frogs as a snack as well as small fish. They certainly shouldn't be housed together long.

Genny
06-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks, and do you think a 5 gallon tank would be big enough for the albino frog even after he's grown? I figured I'd have to separate them later anyways...
and are the albono frogs k w/out another to keep it company??

IRescue452
06-15-2009, 04:56 PM
A fully grown clawed frog (the albino frog) could sit with its front feet on one end of a 5 gallon tank and its back feet on the other end. Definately not big enough. They need more like 30 gallons. Not to mention they produce so much ammonia and waste their water would need to be changed daily.

Adults are best alone or with same sized adults. Most frogs will eat anything that fits in their mouth including other frogs, baby birds, mice, fish. If the second frog is even slightly smaller than the first, it could be eaten.