PDA

View Full Version : Welcoming Karno!

Whisk_Luva
06-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Well, I was so upset after Chino yesterday, and I can never stand the empty cage, so I decided to ask the pet shop if they had any hamsters. Well, with this shop you usually have to wait a few weeks, but they said they had one boy. It is very soon after Chino I know, but I went to have a look... and I fell in love...:love:

So I would like everyone to meet Karno :).... (sorry he was very sleepy in these pics)
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s215/whisk-luva/Hamsters/Karno/DSCF1966.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s215/whisk-luva/Hamsters/Karno/DSCF1911.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s215/whisk-luva/Hamsters/Karno/DSCF1922.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s215/whisk-luva/Hamsters/Karno/DSCF1932.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s215/whisk-luva/Hamsters/Karno/DSCF1934.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s215/whisk-luva/Hamsters/Karno/DSCF1945.jpg

lvpets2002
06-12-2009, 03:01 PM
:love: Aweee Karno your just so Sweet & such a Cutie Pie.. Now who could not fall in love with this wittle one.. I am just melting with the first & last picture.. Congrats on your new home & mom congrats on your new baby.. ** Next time could we have Cuteness OverLoad Warning please **

Whisk_Luva
06-12-2009, 03:26 PM
:love: Aweee Karno your just so Sweet & such a Cutie Pie.. Now who could not fall in love with this wittle one.. I am just melting with the first & last picture.. Congrats on your new home & mom congrats on your new baby.. ** Next time could we have Cuteness OverLoad Warning please **

The first and last are my fav as well ;) I will try to get a good photo of him being not so sleepy tomorrow or something. ;) I love his little back paw in the last one though :D

Thank you...

And yes LOL. I was in such a hurry to post, that I didn't think to put a cuteness warning on ;)

Moesha
06-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I hope Karno helps heal your heart. He sure looks adorable!

chocolatepuppy
06-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Welcome Karno!!! You're adorable. :love:

Whisk_Luva
06-13-2009, 02:22 AM
Karno says thanks to everyone :)

He seems to have settled in well last night... he is currently in his bed asleep. :love:

happylabs
06-13-2009, 05:31 AM
Wonderful! One pet can never replace another but he will definitely help to heal your broken heart. I was never much interested in hamsters until I starting coming to this board. The pics are great of his sleepy little self. They really are such cute little guys. Are they very much work to take care of? I need to read up on hamsters. There may be a future for one at my house! :love: :) :love:

Whisk_Luva
06-13-2009, 05:45 AM
Wonderful! One pet can never replace another but he will definitely help to heal your broken heart. I was never much interested in hamsters until I starting coming to this board. The pics are great of his sleepy little self. They really are such cute little guys. Are they very much work to take care of? I need to read up on hamsters. There may be a future for one at my house! :love: :) :love:

Thanks. I miss my Chino, but my little Cinnamon Cake (LOL... Karno has such strange nicknames already) will hopefully help me through.

Nope, not hard at all. As long as you get a good cage (Kenco has chewed a hole through his before), and you get one with the right personality for you (for example, I find lazy hamsters a lot easier to handle, but then again crazy hamsters are so much fun to watch), they will be fine. They are such funny little things, the only bad thing is the short life span.

LOL, I hope you get one, the more photos posted of the cute little things on PT, the better! ;)

Karen
06-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Welcome, Karno!

IRescue452
06-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Welcome Karno! I'm not much of a hamster person myself, but you're beautiful hammies make my heart melt. One can't help but fall in love.

Casper
06-13-2009, 07:57 PM
What a cute little hammie. :love:
Welcome to PT, Karno!

ramanth
06-13-2009, 11:44 PM
He's adorable. :love: Congrats! :D

Zippy
06-14-2009, 12:30 AM
What a cutie pie :)
Welcome to PT Karno!

Whisk_Luva
06-14-2009, 03:41 AM
Thanks everyone. :)

I put my hand in his cage last night for him to get used to me, and he was quite happy, so today I will take him out his cage and handle him a bit more :) He seems like a real sweetheart.... :love:

Freedom
06-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Cinnamon Cake seems like a perfect name for him, so orangey! I can almost feel the softness. Welcome dear Karno!

I love his smile on this photo:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s215/whisk-luva/Hamsters/Karno/DSCF1934.jpg

Darn, the pic won't show up for me, It is next to the last one. LOVE that smile!

WELOVESPUPPIES
06-16-2009, 02:16 PM
awww Ellie is just ADORABLE!! I hope he helps you through your loss of Chino. Like already said he will never replace him and we all know that but it does help reflect some of the grief by focusing on your new, gorgeous, baby boy. I love his widdle footie in the last picture:love:. How old is he? Is he a different kind of hamster, excuse my ignorance as I don't know much about them. He is such a lovely reddish color. When he finally feels comfortable enough give him some lovin from me and maybe even a little treat. Welcome to PT Karno, you could not have possibly ended up with a better hammie mommy!

Whisk_Luva
06-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks everyone :)

I have some new photos of him somewhere which I will have to upload soon :D

awww Ellie is just ADORABLE!! I hope he helps you through your loss of Chino. Like already said he will never replace him and we all know that but it does help reflect some of the grief by focusing on your new, gorgeous, baby boy. I love his widdle footie in the last picture:love:. How old is he? Is he a different kind of hamster, excuse my ignorance as I don't know much about them. He is such a lovely reddish color. When he finally feels comfortable enough give him some lovin from me and maybe even a little treat. Welcome to PT Karno, you could not have possibly ended up with a better hammie mommy!

He is about 9 and a half weeks old now :) His birthday is on the 10th of April.

No, he is still a syrian :)... his colouring is called cinnamon in hammies.

He's quite tame, so I will give him some lovin from you and a treat :)

Pawsitive Thinking
06-17-2009, 03:53 AM
Oh Ellie! he is so adorable :love: Welcome to PT little Karno

momoffuzzyfaces
06-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Oh, what an adorable and precious baby he is!!! :love:

Welcome to Pet Talk, Karno!!! :love::love:

snowbelle15
06-18-2009, 09:28 PM
He is absolutly adorable! Welcome Karno!

carole
06-18-2009, 10:04 PM
What a cutie patootie Karno is, and don't worry i am sure Chino is looking down from the Rainbow Bridge,and happy that you found Karno to fill that empty place in your heart, thanks for sharing.:):love:

cassiesmom
06-29-2009, 07:33 PM
What a darling! Welcome, Karno!

Marigold2
07-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Welcome sweet Karno. You have a lovely mum and I know you will have the best care and tons of love. :love: You are one cute little hammy boy.:D Your mum has so much love to give. I know you will be a happy hammy.