PDA

View Full Version : A girly thread, what is your favourite accessory...

carole
06-11-2009, 04:06 PM
For me i am a Handbag girl, do i own a lot of them NO?, but would like to, i find it hard to resist buying new handbags, but i stop myself as there are other things much more important needing money spent on them, yep the four furbabies,but i still would love to own heaps of them, and scarfs are my latest, i only own two of them, but i am always browsing and wishing for more.

So what is your favourite accessory?

caseysmom
06-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Right now anything that goes with my hot pink cast:D

I like purses, my daughter gave me a dooney bourke so I don't want to change purses ever she spent a lot of money on it. I like shoes, but those are out for now. I like earings and necklaces also.

3Catcondo
06-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Shoes and handbags are my favorite. I have plenty of both, although they are almost all inexpensive. I don't buy all the brand name stuff, then I can't have as many LOL!

carole
06-11-2009, 04:14 PM
I forgot to mention i am just into bangles now, just the cheap ones, although i have allerg'ys to metals, only can wear gold and silver, some of the cheap plastic ones are ok, i bought three for five dollars and i got several comments on them,so that is my newbie accessory.:D

I do love earings though,i only have about five pairs,all gold, but would love some white gold ones,i am not into rings much,but adore necklaces, again i only have a few good pieces,nothing over the top, but reasonably good quality.

I love all the costume jewellery around, but of course i cannot wear it, except for the plastic ones,and it is hard to get one that is just beads,most have other metals with them, but i have found a few.:)

Moesha
06-11-2009, 04:35 PM
I have always loved shoes. I never was very concerned with purses. Then it started. I don't change my purse often though. Within the last couple years it has progressed to the more expensive purses. I bought myself a Dooney and Bourke purse about a year and a half ago. Then I really wanted a giraffe print one. I had decided that I would just purchase a knock off version then my dad surprised me with the real thing. I've been carrying that purse since last August when he gave it to me. If I had bought it myself, I probably would have moved on by now. But as Caseysmom mentioned, I know how much he spent on it so I want to be sure I get his money's worth out of it. Within the last couple weeks, I've been looking into a new purse purchase. Maybe next time I go to TJMaxx I'll find a Tignanello one I can't live without. Although I do know which style I want for my next Dooney bag. Perhaps I should have a little birdie tell my mom so she can direct my dad in the correct direction if he'd like to buy me another one. :D

pomtzu
06-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Handbags, earrings and bracelets. I used to be in to rings, but with my ever changing rings size because of arthritis, it got to be pretty pricey always having to have them resized to be able to get them over those gnarly knuckles. :(

Kfamr
06-11-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm a necklace girl lately. I have two I wear the most.

One is a piece of wood with turquoise peace sign inlaid. It's on a piece of leather.
http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_430xN.52324017.jpg

The other I dont have a photo of, but it's a jade stone that my friend's mom gave me and a feather that he and I found on a walk. The feather is stuck in a hole in the jade and they are strung on a piece of hemp.

Medusa
06-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Jewelry, jewelry and more jewelry. And shoes. And purses. But most definitely jewelry. Did I say jewelry?

KYS
06-11-2009, 07:12 PM
I have to say my watch. I feel naked if I do not have it on.
2nd would be my earing's.

Karen
06-11-2009, 07:33 PM
I love my bracelets, Paul has gotten me several beautiful ones, and I can wear them and still feel safe doing things with my hands. When I wear rings (other than my wedding ring, of course) I feel like I'm gonna damage them somehow, so rarely wear them for other than special occasions.

I have never mastered artfully wearing a scarf - probably because I don't like anything that touches the front of my neck, though I several pretty ones.

chocolatepuppy
06-11-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm a purse kind of girl, have to have mine anywhere I go. But I'd have to say jewelry is my favorite.;)

CountryWolf07
06-11-2009, 07:44 PM
My silver ring. :)

catnapper
06-11-2009, 07:50 PM
It depends on my mood - I am not an accessory girl. I'm basically "wash and wear" I would be happy to wear the same jewelry every day, like a signature necklace. I picked it out, I just need to get it ;)

I guess my main accessory would be lipstick (if thats considered an accessory.) I have at least 20 tubes of lipstick on me at most times (that is, if I have my bag, I have the lipstick) I am on the forever quest to find the perfect shade of red.

Lilith Cherry
06-11-2009, 08:33 PM
I love necklaces and earring and have a huge collection - some are valuable but most are "fun stuff" ! My students just love to see what I'm wearing this week LOL!

Marigold2
06-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Me too, me too, me too. I love Overstock.com and The Animal Rescue Sight as part of the procedes go to animals. I also love expensive purses. The smell the feel the quality (leather) I know I know I shouldn't buy leather but it's so pretty, pink, blue, yellow, lime, lavender all those soft colors in the buttery softness of leather.
All those styles and lovely compartments, oh I could go on and on. And braclets love braclets.
Jewelry, jewelry and more jewelry. And shoes. And purses. But most definitely jewelry. Did I say jewelry?

aTailOf2Kitties
06-11-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm too much of a tomboy I guess. I never cared much for "pretty" things. I feel naked without a watch, but it's just a $6 WalMart cheapie. I do have a silver band ring with tribal animal art on it that I have only taken off a few times in the last 15 years, but I'm generally not into jewelry either. I also have small sterling silver hoop earrings that I leave in all the time (2 holes per ear). The closest thing to "coordinating" that I do is wear a Ford ballcap when I'm in my Aspire and a Chevy ballcap when driving my Cobalt, LOL

carole
06-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Karen i cannot say i have exactly mastered the art of scarf wearing either, but my daughter Melissa showed me and by golly it does look quite good done that way,you fold it in half and then put it around your neck and then loop it, hard to explain on here, but it looks good and that is how i wear it, i am sure there are many other ways too.:)

beeniesmom
06-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Earrings definately.... and anyone who's met me can tell.
I always have on funky earrings.
I have to buy a pair everytime I go out of town somewhere. Most of the time, I won't spend a lot either. I just got back from New Orleans and bought 3 pairs from a local artist at the french market. They are very neat.

This is the artists website:

http://www.oscarofneworleans.com/earrings2.html

K9karen
06-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Lands End sandals and trekkers. And huge handbags so that I can carry the kitchen sink!

Edwina's Secretary
06-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Bracelets and watches. I have quite a collection. Scarves were a favorite but here in SoCal....well...they just don't work.

I do have shawls in many colors and patterns as they are often needed in the evening....

krazyaboutkatz
06-11-2009, 11:07 PM
I have to have my purse with me wherever I go. I don't own any expensive ones though.:o

Genny
06-11-2009, 11:10 PM
I'd have to say flip-flops. I love all kinds--last summer I went crazy and bought like 10 pair so I wear different ones all the time. I also love purses. I always use the same one forever and then after something happens to it (like on my last one the zipper broke so I had to get another one) so then I just use the other one til I need a new one. Right now my purse is black with white poka dots all over--very cute
I also love earrings. I have lots of pairs. I like to wear different ones to work each day. My friend and I always like to see what kind of earrings we're wearing that day cause we both wear a lot of different kinds.
Then I also like rings, but I only wear one at a time. And nothing too big or noticeable for me. I like cute simple rings that don't show up a lot.
But overall I'd say flops are my fav accessory!!!!

shais_mom
06-12-2009, 12:07 AM
I'd have to say I'm a self confessed purse-a-holic.
I love them! :D

Logan
06-12-2009, 07:26 AM
I guess for me it is just jewelry. And I wear just about the same thing every single day. My watch was a gift a long time ago and I treasure it. My engagement ring and wedding bands are pretty flashy so I don't need much more adornment than that. But I wear my college ring (proudly) to this day and I graduated 25 years ago! And I always wear my special bracelet Sandra got for me in Dennis Village many years ago when we visited her there. The only time it comes off is if I have to go through security at an airport. I wear the same earrings every day, also sapphires, to match my wedding rings. And I have two special necklaces, one is sapphire/diamonds (a very special wedding gift from Pet Talk friends) and the other is a small circle of diamonds that my husband gave me.

happylabs
06-12-2009, 07:46 AM
I am a very practical person. I usually have two or three good pair of shoes for winter and in the summer I have two or three pair of sandals. Right now I have three pair of Clark's sandals that I rotate, one black, one white, one brown. I carry the same purse until it literally falls apart. I have three necklaces, one is from Pictures on Gold and is a photo of Casey engraved in silver, one is a headshot of Casey painted on a dicroic bead from a lady on Ebay and the other is a black cat profile which reminded me of Tink when I bought it. I love earrings but I am usually so rushed in the morning that I don't put them on. I like to buy earrings for my daughter and "borrow" them. :D

Attaching a pic of my two necklaces which turned out a bit blurry.

Randi
06-12-2009, 10:43 AM
I have two or three pair of sandals. Right now I have three pair of Clark's sandals that I rotate, one black, one white, one brown. I carry the same purse until it literally falls apart.
The same here, except I only have one pair of Clarks... pout! I take it you mean handbag when you're saying purse? I've had the same for about 10 years! LOL!

I used to wear earrings, and I have some really nice ones - can't be bothered anymore, though.

Beeniesmom, I love the cat earring on the site - however, I'd like it as a necklace. :p

catland
06-12-2009, 11:51 AM
is moisturizer an accessory?:rolleyes:

pomtzu
06-12-2009, 12:06 PM
is moisturizer an accessory?:rolleyes:

Only if you slather it on so thick that it can be seen! :D

lvpets2002
06-12-2009, 12:16 PM
:p Then that means Makeup for sure counts.. I have seen some women with makeup on pretty thick..:D
Only if you slather it on so thick that it can be seen! :D

pomtzu
06-12-2009, 01:23 PM
:p Then that means Makeup for sure counts.. I have seen some women with makeup on pretty thick..:D

Yup - I want to tell them "don't smile or you'll crack your face." :eek:

happylabs
06-12-2009, 01:27 PM
The same here, except I only have one pair of Clarks... pout! I take it you mean handbag when you're saying purse? I've had the same for about 10 years! LOL!

I used to wear earrings, and I have some really nice ones - can't be bothered anymore, though.

Beeniesmom, I love the cat earring on the site - however, I'd like it as a necklace. :p

LOL...yes, purse=handbag. Funny how we use different words for items. I :love: love :love: Clarks sandals and my old feet cannot take cheaper shoes any more. That is probably why I stick to just 2 or 3 pair per season. I splurged and bought 2 pair of Clarks sandals off of QVC one day when I was surfing. The third pair I have had for 3 years and I love them. They really are worth the money and last forever!

phesina
06-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Hi, I'm Pat, and I'm a shoe-aholic.

I also have secondary addictions in purses and totes and jewelry (mainly earrings).

I Keep finding more and more super-cheapo ones at yard sales and consignment/secondhand shops.. then every now and then I see something more costly but just the thing..

Pembroke_Corgi
06-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Mine has to be scarves, but I only wear them when the weather is cool. I have a lot, as that's usually what I choose to buy as souvenirs when we travel. I also used to collect jewelry (earrings and necklaces mostly) but unfortunately I went to put in a pair of earrings last week and now the holes in my ears are shut! I guess I just went too long without wearing any...oh well!

Cincy'sMom
06-12-2009, 02:00 PM
shoes and ball caps. Have way too many of each!

cassiesmom
06-12-2009, 10:53 PM
I'm bad with accessories but I try to wear earrings every day. I like to polish my toenails in the summer, too.

In nursing school, my pediatrics instructor was a fanatic about no jewelry except your watch and (if appropriate) your engagement/wedding bands, short fingernails and no polish. So I've never been one who gets regular manicures and I always feel self-conscious when I have a ring on.

happylabs
06-13-2009, 05:36 AM
I'm bad with accessories but I try to wear earrings every day. I like to polish my toenails in the summer, too.

Toenail polish is a MUST in the summer. I don't always have time to paint my fingernails though. Toes aren't all that attractive but the polish helps! :D

joycenalex
06-13-2009, 07:06 AM
coach purses from resale shops, i have 2...guilty pleasure that i ONLY pay cash for. i've been eying a pair of louboutin black slingbacks online for quite a while now, i had one knee repair already, another is in the (distant?) wings, why do those and only those heels fascinate me so? girly indeed.http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod67940015&parentId=cat16360732&masterId=cat5130731&index=18&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat000149cat000199cat51307 31cat16360732

Laura's Babies
06-13-2009, 08:02 AM
I have a Jesus ring that I never take off and a Marina's cross on a chain that I never take off. I LOVE purses, take one with me everytime I leave the house and at home, it is never far away from me. Once I find a good purse, I use that one for years until I see the next perfect one that I have to have. Right now I have a lizclaiborne that I got at the Fellowship Store for $2... I LOVE IT!