PDA

View Full Version : So You Think You Can Dance 2009

Taz_Zoee
06-11-2009, 11:57 AM
The good part has begun!! There were only two dances that did not thrill me much last night.
First was the Broadway dance by Asuka and Vitolio (I think that's who she danced with). After that first dance theirs just seemed weak.
The second one I was not excited about was Kupono and Ashley's Wade Robson dance. And I absolutely :love: Wade Robson. I was very disappointed in the crash test dummy dance. It was not his usual style.

But the rest of the dances were GREAT, I thought! So far my favorites are Phillip for the guys and I'm undecided yet on the girls.

Any other fans out there?!?

prechrswife
06-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Count me in. I thought that most of the dances were really good last night. I actually kind of liked the crash test dummy dance, although every time they do a Wade Robson dance, I ask "Whose brain works like that?" I enjoy his choreography, though. I agree that Asuka and Vitolio's dance was weak, which is a shame, since I really like Asuka. Also, I thought the second hip-hop was kind of weak. Everything else was excellent, though.

Karen
06-11-2009, 12:21 PM
I enjoyed most of the dances. I don't have any real favorites yet, but I was glad to have the season begin. I think even Mary herself was surprised by her Botox remark, but it makes her seem a bit more human.

JenBKR
06-11-2009, 01:06 PM
My favorite show of the summer! I don't really have any favorites yet, but I liked pretty much every dance last night. I do really like Brandon, I remember him from last year and was surprised that he wasn't on the show then. I actually liked the crash test dummies, I think that Wade Robson is one of my favorites. I always remember his routines! I have no idea who could be going home tonight...

Taz_Zoee
06-11-2009, 01:48 PM
I enjoyed most of the dances. I don't have any real favorites yet, but I was glad to have the season begin. I think even Mary herself was surprised by her Botox remark, but it makes her seem a bit more human.

That was HILARIOUS!!! I laughed so hard!!

I actually liked the crash test dummies, I think that Wade Robson is one of my favorites. I always remember his routines!

I love Wade Robson too. That's why I was disappointed in that dance. It wasn't his usual unusual style. I was looking forward to his dance and was let down. :( I hope he does more choreography this season.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see Louie van Amstel on there. He's from Dancing with the Stars. :)

Scooter's Mom
06-11-2009, 05:06 PM
My favorite female is Caitlin.

She's had hip reconstruction surgery and moves so beautifully. During her audition, Mary Murphy told her, "This is your destiny." I wholeheartedly agree. She's so beautiful to watch.

Seravieve
06-11-2009, 09:47 PM
I have a couple favorites.. Phillip is definitely one of them, and I like Kupono - although its too bad he cut his hair. I really liked Kayla & Max's routine. I think ballroom would be hard to jump right in to, and she did awesome! Also, Jon & Karla's routine was great.

I also wasn't a fan of the Broadway routine, but then again, I rarely am, so no surprise there. I didn't care for the foxtrot either. I agree that the second hip hop wasn't that good, but of course.. Tony got cut! So buh bye... not too surprised there. When he had to repeat the final routine, they should have known he wouldn't last long.

cloverfdx
06-14-2009, 09:47 AM
I am hoping we will get to see this season (USA) on Australian free to air TV, our last Aussie season finished not too long ago :D.

prechrswife
06-19-2009, 09:32 PM
What did everyone think of the results this week? I think the right girl went home, but I'm not so sure about the guy. I liked Max.

Karen
06-19-2009, 10:53 PM
I thought the right girl went home, didn't really have a preference about the guys, except that I do like Kupono just because he reminds me in some ways of someone I love!

Taz_Zoee
06-19-2009, 11:47 PM
This season is going to be very tough. Everyone is SOO good! I was sad to see Max go, I really liked him. But I like ALL of them. :p

This is bad to say, but I sorta wish Phillip would be in the bottom three just so I can see a solo from him. LOL

None of the dances were super good this week. Except I did like Vitolio and Asuka's. It was sooo beautiful.

Daisy and Delilah
06-20-2009, 08:49 PM
When is this show on in EST? I would love to watch it!! Thanks. :)

Taz_Zoee
06-20-2009, 10:01 PM
When is this show on in EST? I would love to watch it!! Thanks. :)

It's on the FOX network and I'm not sure what time it is on for you, but I would imagine it's on at 8pm on Wednesdays and 9pm on Thursdays just like it is for us. It's taped in California, but usually played live for everyone else but us.

prechrswife
06-21-2009, 10:22 PM
It's on the FOX network and I'm not sure what time it is on for you, but I would imagine it's on at 8pm on Wednesdays and 9pm on Thursdays just like it is for us. It's taped in California, but usually played live for everyone else but us.

It is the same for Eastern time.

Daisy and Delilah
06-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Thanks!! I'll watch it this week. I'm excited because I'm constantly searching for something to watch and I end up watching reruns.:rolleyes:

MoonandBean
07-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Does anyone know what they were talking about with Mia at the beginning of the show? She was gushing about something but it was hard to hear what she was saying. Something about her mind being changed since _____? And then she mentioned Brandon but I missed the whole thing.

MoonandBean
07-02-2009, 10:46 AM
I think I found my answer: http://dancewiki.fox.com/thread/2923153/Mia+Michaels

They must have had her apoligize last night.

Taz_Zoee
07-02-2009, 12:04 PM
She didn't apologize. It was just that her mind was changed after seeing Brandon dance several dances that weren't even in his style.
She (and Lil C) were VERY hard on him in the audition process. It was sort of like she was "eating crow" (is that the correct term?). And Nigel called her out on it right from the start. I loved it! I'm not a big fan of Mia's. Her dance style is just too strange for me. She has done a few dances that were WONDERFUL, but in general her technique is strange.

I'm not feeling anyone this season. No one is standing out to me. Maybe because they are ALL such great dancers it's so hard to choose.

I know Phillip is my favorite guy, and I think I'm going to have to go with his partner, Jeanine (or whatever) as my favorite girl.

MoonandBean
07-02-2009, 12:56 PM
I like Philip too! My neices go to the same dance school with a girl who was in the finals last season (I can't remember her name but she was from Long Island and very Italian looking) so last season was much more exciting for us to watch :)

Taz_Zoee
07-03-2009, 12:36 AM
I'm glad I got to see Phillips solo, but and thankful he is still on! Whew!!

Whats crazy is I thought Janine's solo was the weakest of the girls and they thought it was the best. Well, I'm not a professional, obviously. LOL

Taz_Zoee
07-09-2009, 12:15 AM
Wow! This season has the BEST dancers ever!!! But I just love Wade Robson. I was disappointed with one of his routines earlier this season, but tonight Brandon and Janette were AWESOME!!
I also really liked Kupono and Kayla's Mia Michaels rountine as well. I'm not a big fan of Mia's but I thought it was great. :D

I'm so sad they will be changing partners next week. I knew it was going to happen soon, but it's just sad. There are really great couples: Evan and Randi, Brandon and Janette and Phillip and Janine.

MoonandBean
07-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Last night was great! I commented that the talent on this show is so superior to any other talent contests (american idol, etc...) I loved the burglar routine too!

JenBKR
07-10-2009, 08:41 AM
I am so bummed to see Phillip go...he was one of my favorite male dancers this season. I am glad he is going on tour though.

Taz_Zoee
07-10-2009, 09:28 AM
I am so bummed to see Phillip go...he was one of my favorite male dancers this season. I am glad he is going on tour though.

Me too!! I almost cried when he was talking because he seemed to be getting choked up too. :(
My mom and I were hoping it would be Caitlin and Jason to be going home. I guess we were only half right.

JenBKR
07-17-2009, 11:47 AM
First Phillip and now Randi! :( Two of my favorites. It's anyone's game now, I think. Should be an interesting couple of weeks.

prechrswife
07-17-2009, 12:17 PM
I was sorry to see Randi go. I think the partner dance this week got her. I really like Melissa, too, and hated to see her in the bottom two. I think the right guy went home this time, though.

Taz_Zoee
07-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Yes, I think Kupono and Randi's dance is what did it for them. They are both GREAT dancers, but that dance was not good.

Anyone want to take a guess on who they think will win??

I'll choose a guy and girl that I think can (or should) win.
Jeanine
Brandon

finn's mom
07-17-2009, 04:14 PM
I loved Jason and Janine's routine from Wednesday night, that was so incredibly emotional and HOT. I was really sad to see Randi go, but I think she was the right choice. It has been really hard for me to pick favorites this season. I love Melissa, but Kayla is absolutely mesmerizing! And Janine (I don't know if I have her name spelled correctly) is really great!

Nomilynn
07-23-2009, 12:13 AM
So who else cried after watching Melissa and Ade?? What an amazing dance. It was beautiful. I also really liked Jeanine and Brandon. I hope I can see the show when it comes around. There is one date in Everett, WA that I would be able to go to but when I went on ticketmaster to see the prices of tickets it doesn't have the Everett date listed. Sigh. I HATE ticketmaster. It's a shady business!!

Karen
07-23-2009, 12:15 AM
It was very well done. Amazing to see all the judges with tears running down their cheeks. I was afraid it would be too obvious a sympathy piece, but it was very well done.

Taz_Zoee
07-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Mary and Mia I expected to cry, but Nigel! I was shocked to see him so emotional over it. And I did shed a tear or two myself. :o
Ellen is so darn funny. I'm just glad she didn't keep saying the same thing over and over. She actually stopped with the jokes toward the end, which I thought was nice. I liked what she said to Evan when she disagreed with Nigel. :)

My two favorites were a couple last night! Woo Hoo!! I'm sad they got bad reviews on their first dance though. I'm talking about Jeanine and Brandon. :D

RedHedd
07-23-2009, 04:27 PM
:love: Jeanine and Ade. The Breast Cancer piece had me in tears too as I'm a breast cancer survivor (and a former dancer). It's such an amazing art that you can tell a store and express emotions without words - that piece is being circulated around the Internet today via YouTube.

finn's mom
07-23-2009, 07:26 PM
I thought the first part of last night's show SUCKED. I didn't really like any of the dances until it got to Kayla and Jason's broadway piece. After that, I pretty much enjoyed all of them. The emotional contemporary piece with Ade and Melissa was incredible! I cried through the entire dance, I love when art hits me like that.

I can't really pick a favorite at this point, but Jeanine really is wonderful, Kayla is just about the prettiest thing I've ever seen, and I love Melissa's maturity and lithe body, and Jeanette's fire. Hard decisions. I have a feeling Evan is going home, but I hope not. Although I don't know who I'd rather see go. :)

finn's mom
07-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Ok, first thing...not impressed with Katie Holmes. Great voice, I thought, but disappointed that she lip-synched. And, unimpressed completely with her stage presence. Great organization, however, and her involvement in it is cool!

Anyway...the results really surprised me. I don't know what I was expecting for the girls, and I don't know that I would have felt any differently had anyone else gone home.

But, for the guys, I was shocked that Evan wasn't in the bottom two. He's got quite a fan base, apparently! I think he's wonderful, but I really was blown away that he wasn't even in the bottom two. I'm pretty sad to see Jason go.

prechrswife
07-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Ok, first thing...not impressed with Katie Holmes. Great voice, I thought, but disappointed that she lip-synched. And, unimpressed completely with her stage presence. Great organization, however, and her involvement in it is cool!

Anyway...the results really surprised me. I don't know what I was expecting for the girls, and I don't know that I would have felt any differently had anyone else gone home.

But, for the guys, I was shocked that Evan wasn't in the bottom two. He's got quite a fan base, apparently! I think he's wonderful, but I really was blown away that he wasn't even in the bottom two. I'm pretty sad to see Jason go.

I pretty much agree with everything you just said.

Taz_Zoee
07-24-2009, 09:35 AM
At this point I'm sad to see any of them go. They are ALL such wonderful dancers. But I am glad Brandon did not go home. I was sad to see Janette go. She has such a big personality.

I wasn't impressed with Katie either. In fact I wasn't even excited about seeing her. All I did through her performance was try to recognize the guys dancing with her. The only one I could remember his name was Joshua! I recognized other faces, but not their names.

I absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED the Wade Robson routine (in fact we watched it twice :p). And it was so nice to see all the past contestants back. Benji and Danyell!! Woo Hoo!! They were my favorites in season 2.

This is such a tough season because everyone is so talented. So there is no telling how it will end. I will be happy with whoever wins. :D

sparks19
07-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah I was not impressed with Katie Holmes either. she didn't do much dancing and it was painfully obvious that she was lip synching. but all the men were great :D so I just watched them instead lol.

Yeah I figured it would have been Evan going home. I really do like Evan but I don't think he is as solid as the other guys. sad to see Jason go home.

but SERIOUSLY disappointed to see jeanette go home. she was my favorite. I thought she was the best dancer in the bunch male or female. She just had such power and such presence when she was on stage you just couldn't keep your eyes off of her.

But yeah at this stage of the game... no matter who goes home it is disappointing

finn's mom
07-24-2009, 01:25 PM
I will have to say that I thought Nigel's accolades for Jeanette were nice, but overdone, considering he was basically saying that Kayla should have gone home instead. I just think there's a way to give kudos to one without going overboard like that. Especially because Kayla is still there, and I don't know, I think if I were the girls left, that would bother me. But, depending on their personalities, it could just be more motivation to kick some arse.

finn's mom
08-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Well, I'm shocked! I can't believe Ade went home before Evan. I thought Evan had the worst night I've seen a single dancer have in two seasons. He just seemed tired or distracted or something. I adore him, but I really thought it was his turn to go. The boy has **quite** an impressive fan base!

Brandon is really showing up, though, he is remarkable. That solo was sick!

I LOVE JEANINE. She has become my very favorite, I love her look, her personality, her style, her expressions, everything. I'd love to see her win.

Kayla is fantastic, but I only really enjoy her when she's dancing. Not that she bothers me when she's not, but I just love Jeanine, dancing or not.

Those are my thoughts on the results and who's left!

Taz_Zoee
08-02-2009, 11:55 AM
I must completely agree with you, Kari. I was shocked to see Evan stay, even though I like him better than Ade. It would be MY perfect four if Janette were in Kayla's place. I will be happy if Jeanine or Brandon win. :D

Karen
08-02-2009, 01:26 PM
I wonder if part of the reason Evan is still in the competition is all the criticism he's gotten from the judges have made people sympathize with him, and he's a little easier to identify with as someone you could meet and like because he's NOT perfect and gorgeous and incredible muscular - comes across as an ordinary guy ...

I would be happy with any one of them winning, they all have obvious dedication, and have worked tremendously hard to get there ...

I was so happy for Brandon when they spotlighted his mom when she finally could be there - did she EVER look like the picture of a proud mother, or what? :)

sparks19
08-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Oh man I am SO disappointed.

Evan is a great dancer but IMO he does NOT deserve to be in the finale. he has struggled all season long. I honestly fear he will win even though I do like him as a person.. .he is NOT THE BEST DANCER by FAR. he has a great personality but this isn't america's favorite personality. and that's what kind of annoys me about these kinds of shows. kind of why I like things like hell's kitchen where ultimately the BOSS makes the final choice.. not a bunch of votes from people who don't know the difference. I am not proclaiming to know dance at all really... I don't. But I DO know that evan is not the best dancer and Ade should have stayed. he was a MUCH stronger dancer :(

At this point... I don't know who should win and I'm not really sure I care too much anymore at this point :(

JenBKR
08-05-2009, 09:24 AM
I'm not into this season as much as I was last season, not really sure why. But I do really like Evan. I don't know why...maybe because he's different. Ade is a great dancer but I kept forgetting about him. I am thinking that Brandon will win, he is certainly an incredible dancer. But it really could be anyone's game at this point...Jeanine is probably my favorite at this point, but I like all of them (although I would have preferred Janette in Kayla's place).

finn's mom
08-05-2009, 09:28 AM
I think it seems to end up being a mixture of great dancing and great stage presence/personality. Ade is a brilliant dancer, but his personality is pretty understated. I liked him a lot, don't get me wrong, but Evan has a brighter, more expressive face and a seemingly bigger personality, even if he's not as good a dancer. I think he's a great dancer, just not as versatile as some others. I think he'll go far in his area of dance, though.

prechrswife
08-05-2009, 01:30 PM
I would be okay with any of the 4 winning, but I think Jeanine and Brandon are my favorites.

finn's mom
08-06-2009, 12:06 PM
I felt pretty bad for Evan, he really did get sorta torn down by the judges, nearly every time he stepped up to the microphone. Not that any of the critiques were wrong, because I felt they were spot on. I do get tired of hearing the whole "you just have such a sweet face", "there's not a nasty bone in your body", etc. Just tell the guy what's wrong and move along. I don't know, just a pet peeve of mine. I will say, though, that I feel like the more they bash him (whether it's deserved or not), the more fans will side with him out of sympathy. Keep it up, judges, you may very well push him into the top spot. ;)

With all that being said, Brandon and Jeanine really blew the stage up. Jeanine is, hands down, my absolute favorite. Her dancing is great, she is absolutely beautiful and her personality is fantastic. She is wonderful and is probably even my favorite from the last two seasons (I just started watching the show last season when Joshua won).

Kayla probably stood out the least for me last night, which is unusual. I usually am mesmerized by her, even if it's just her lines, as she is quite striking. I guess I'm just so focused on Jeanine, now. ;)

Anyway, I'll be watching the show tonight, for sure! Go, dancers!

prechrswife
08-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Once again, Kari, I agree completely with what you wrote.

Karen
08-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I wonder how much they are trying to manipulate the voting. I will be happy with any of the four winning, really. I think they are all great in their own rights.

finn's mom
08-07-2009, 12:35 PM
I 100% agreed with the results last night. Fun show, it was great seeing some of the routines again. I love the Mia Michaels' routine with Randi and Evan and the Travis Wall piece with Jason and Jeanine. Probably my two favorites. And, the paso doble with Jeanine and Brandon is phenomenal. So glad Jeanine won!

Karen
08-07-2009, 01:29 PM
I do hope that Brandon and Kayla will get agents and a good career boost from this, and am sure Evan will as well, in his own genre.

I love that Jeanine seemed genuinely surprised, and that the others took their placements graciously.