PDA

View Full Version : Pet Photography - Ideas, how to? Help, please.

CountryWolf07
06-10-2009, 04:21 PM
My parents and I were sitting around last talking about photography. Obviously, I love animals/pets and I just enjoy taking pictures of dogs & cats, any type of animal(s) really - I am wondering what is the best way to spread word around about pet photography. How do I go about letting people know about my freelance photography business? I was very interested into pet photography. So, any suggestions/tips/ideas in that specific area? Thanks. =)

Morag Bates
06-10-2009, 04:27 PM
It might be a good idea to place a poster in grooming parlours and vetrenary clinics.

Casper
06-10-2009, 04:29 PM
One pet photographer in Memphis began spreading the word of their work by first offering to take photos of homeless pets in shelters free of charge. As a result, when the shelters put the dogs up on petfinder, they would note who the photos were taken by, therefore easy advertisement.

Also, putting up ads in local vet clinics, groomers, and such might help.

Best of luck!

pomtzu
06-11-2009, 08:52 AM
I agree with the above. Also you might want to check with places like Petsmart or anywhere that sells pet food and supplies too, to see if they would let you put flyers in their establishments.

I don't know about where you live, but around here, all the major supermarkets have community bulletin boards and people are free to put announcements and flyers there also.

Good luck!