PDA

View Full Version : My senior Pidgelet

Medusa
06-09-2009, 06:02 PM
She's been acting like a kitten lately, even playing, and she's 20 1/2 years old! I think now that the warm weather is finally here to stay (except for a couple of yukky cold, rainy days), she's feeling pretty good. I want to think positive but I recall that when Puddy felt so good, it was like the last flare up of the flame before the fire went out. It's been 8 months already since she was diagnosed w/hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and my vet said then that she could go at any time. Yet here she is! I'm not even sure why I'm posting this; I guess maybe to make myself feel better that she's old and every day that she's here w/me is a true gift. (That white spot on her belly is the sun's reflection.)

momcat
06-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Oh Mary, Pidglet is so beautiful! I love the picture of your sweetie all tucked in. S/he looks so happy and I'm sure is a real treasure. Would you give Pidglet lots of lovies from me? Thank you so much for sharing those wonderful pictures!!!!!

Medusa
06-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Oh Mary, Pidglet is so beautiful! I love the picture of your sweetie all tucked in. S/he looks so happy and I'm sure is a real treasure. Would you give Pidglet lots of lovies from me? Thank you so much for sharing those wonderful pictures!!!!!

Aw thanx. She's really a sweetie. In the pic where she's tucked in, she actually had a cold and was sniffling, so I wrapped her in her favorite blankie and propped her up on her favorite pillow and she got so cozy that she started to snore! :)

Catty1
06-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Awwww! What a SWEET Pidgie - Pie!

I just wanna rub that fluffy belly!

Do that for me, ok?:):love:

3Catcondo
06-09-2009, 06:45 PM
What a beauty. She doesn't even look her age! That is incredible how long she has lived. Good work Mary, you are a great kitty mom. :love:

cassiesmom
06-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Hello, precious Pidgie and hello, Coco hiding on the chair! *kisskisskisskisskiss* for the Posse from me!

Laura's Babies
06-09-2009, 08:29 PM
What a beauty she is for a senior girl!

Vermontcat
06-09-2009, 10:05 PM
That is great that Pidgelet is doing so well at her age.
Make sure you enjoy every day that you have with her.
Give her a gentle kiss on the head from me.:)

Milly noticed Coco Puff was hiding on the chair in the second photo so she says to give him a kiss on the head from her too.;)

Prairie Purrs
06-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Enjoy those warm sunbeams, Pidge! So glad you're feeling good.

krazyaboutkatz
06-10-2009, 12:44 AM
I'm glad to hear that she's doing so well.:) She sure is a beauty.:)

Medusa
06-10-2009, 07:05 AM
That is great that Pidgelet is doing so well at her age.
Make sure you enjoy every day that you have with her.
Give her a gentle kiss on the head from me.:)

Milly noticed Coco Puff was hiding on the chair in the second photo so she says to give him a kiss on the head from her too.;)

Oh believe me, he wasn't hiding. He was watching the birds. That boy has to be in the thick of it all. LOL But I'll give him the kiss for you. He's always giving me head bumpies when he wants attention. :)

smokey the elder
06-10-2009, 07:11 AM
What a pretty kitty she is!

Pinot's Mom
06-10-2009, 07:30 AM
She is a beautiful kitty! Give her gentle headbumpies from Pinot and me (and to Coco, too!). :love::)

Sonia59
06-10-2009, 07:31 AM
What a pretty old lady! :love: You don't need to have a specific reason to post, but we understand how you feel.
Kisses to Pidgelet :)

Donnaj4962
06-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Awwww, Pidgie Pie looks so comfy in both of the pictures! My Tabby, also 20 (She'll be 21 June 15! :eek:) seems to be feeling much better these days also with the warmer weather. And those cooler and damp mornings make both of us move slower!

So glad Pidgelet is doing well. When will she be 21????

Anikaca77
06-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Awww Pidge is such a cutie. Give her some gentle hugs and kisses from me :)

Everyday is a true gift :)

Randi
06-10-2009, 08:25 AM
It's good to hear Pidge is doing so well, she's a sweetie! Please give her some kisses from me. Fister says he wants to come and snuggle up with her under that blanket. ;)

catmandu
06-10-2009, 02:00 PM
How Wonderful Precious Pidgelet:love::love: looks despite being more than two decades young.:love::love:
And you are right about her days being gifts from Our All Mighty Lord God, that how I treat My Days with Purrfect Princee at least 18, Michael akd Mr Purr going on 18, and Juke Joint Joseph about 16!!
Our Senior Kittyzens have earned all the treats and comforts we can offer after years of devoted unconditional love!!!
:love::love::love:

pomtzu
06-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Aawwww - beautiful Pidgie-Pie. Makes me sad that I won't see your lookalike Brindle when I go back to visit in NC, so Mom will just have to keep posting more pics of you. :love::)

phesina
06-10-2009, 03:33 PM
What sweet pictures! And of such a lovely, beautiful lady. And she looks just great, especially now that she's out of her teens. How precious!

GILL
06-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Bless both of you from the CREW