PDA

View Full Version : OLD Bunny????

RockyRoad
09-28-2002, 08:40 AM
Hi, is two years old old for a bunny? I just want to know because I want my pets to live long, and I just want to know if 2 years is young or old for a rabbit please tell me.;)

Sam's My Baby
09-28-2002, 11:50 AM
From what I know 2 years old is very young for a rabbit. They can live for about ten years, although my first pet a lop rabbit, died at the age of 2.:(

Karen
09-28-2002, 12:02 PM
Two is NOT old for a bunny. It is generally thought that bunnies lives to be 6 or 8 years old, but some live even longer. So two isn't even middle-aged!

Heather Wallace
09-28-2002, 06:05 PM
yes Karen is right. Two is quite young for buns. I would say 5 is a great age.http://members.iinet.net.au/~rabbit/rabpics/rabbit03.gif

kingrattus
09-29-2002, 09:33 PM
My friends rabbit lived until 12. It was killed by a fisher. the fisher ripped through the chicken wire, broke the window & saddly had the rabbit for dinner. It was going to be my first time seeing this rabbit & it was easter eve. Her brother was only 6 & he was crying all night because he thought the fisher was going to kill the easter bunny. When there dad finally came home & told her brother that the easter bunny was 10 feet tall & had 3 foot long feet with claws, as funny as it sounds, it worked :D

Saddly the fisher was never caught in time & it killed a flock of lambs (about 10) within a month. Then poof!! it was gone.

Daisylover
10-01-2002, 10:12 AM
From what I've read bunny experts are now saying with the improved nutritional information and veterarinary medical/health information bunnies living indoors are averageing 7-11 years. A lot depends on their living conditions and their diet as well as their heredity....outside rabbits have a much shorter life span, depending on their living conditions, how well protected they are and how much interaction they have with their owners.

10-01-2002, 12:57 PM
2 is still a pretty young age for a bunny !!!
Our bunny Billie is 3,5 now ; and she is still very lively and healthy too !! So , don't you worry !!!

Logan
10-01-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by kingrattus
My friends rabbit lived until 12. It was killed by a fisher. the fisher ripped through the chicken wire, broke the window & saddly had the rabbit for dinner. It was going to be my first time seeing this rabbit & it was easter eve. Her brother was only 6 & he was crying all night because he thought the fisher was going to kill the easter bunny. When there dad finally came home & told her brother that the easter bunny was 10 feet tall & had 3 foot long feet with claws, as funny as it sounds, it worked :D

Saddly the fisher was never caught in time & it killed a flock of lambs (about 10) within a month. Then poof!! it was gone.

I've never owned a bunny, so I know nothing about their lifespan. But what is a fisher??

kingrattus
10-01-2002, 09:30 PM
heres a link

http://www.sburl.k12.vt.us/fhtms/teachers/wight/ronald/animal_index.htm

FloppsyLadySally54
10-01-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by lut
2 is still a pretty young age for a bunny !!!
Our bunny Billie is 3,5 now ; and she is still very lively and healthy too !! So , don't you worry !!!

Hi Lut!! Glad your back (even though you've probably been back for a while, I don't read the user names, I can tell people by their signatures)!! Anyway, that's good, because I thonght it was old for a rabbit, since all of my rabbits have lived indoors, and have never made it to three. Until we got Max, then we started putting him outside in this nice hutch that came with the house! I guess it is a good home for him, though I would surely prefer him inside. Well, gotta go to listen to my new CDs! Bye everyone!!

Karen
10-01-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by kingrattus
heres a link

http://www.sburl.k12.vt.us/fhtms/teachers/wight/ronald/animal_index.htm

Hey, kingrattus, I edited your post to take out the picture. I would never want anyone to stumble across an image of a dead animal here, we have children who visit, and we keep it safe for everyone.

I know it was a picture of a fisher, but if you can find one without prey in its mouth, that would be fine to post.

No offense intended or taken.

kingrattus
10-01-2002, 11:13 PM
opps