View Full Version : Cooking with blue.

blue
06-08-2009, 09:21 PM
This

http://z.hubpages.com/u/359985_f260.jpg

+ 2-5 dashes of

http://www.chilliworld.com/i/p/110.jpg

A healthy sqeeze of

http://img4.realsimple.com/images/food-recipes/shopping-storing/0505/frenchs-mustard_300.jpg

Is very tasty and spicy.

For tecture you can add some chunky, not creamy like the picture

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HwPL2SsMFsg/SWwKRSsBHQI/AAAAAAAAB3M/zUtL-ErIcB0/s200/jif.jpe

caseysmom
06-08-2009, 09:24 PM
If you want to go gourmet you could chop up some hot dogs and throw them in :D

blue
06-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Only if theyre kosher dogs.

Serious that was what I jsut ate and was the Nom nom.

Grace
06-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Did you eat the entire container?

That's far too many carbs for one sitting - 53.7gms. That's almost as many as I consume in one day. Not to mention the sodium - YIKES - 2338mg!! We only need 500mg/day.

How's your blood pressure and blood sugar these days?

blue
06-08-2009, 09:50 PM
How's your blood pressure and blood sugar these days?

Both are mid level as of 6 months ago, Ild have to call my doc to get the actual numbers.

The suprising numbers are how healthy my liver and kidneys numbers are.

caseysmom
06-08-2009, 09:56 PM
I have been eating pretty simply lately with my bum foot, I just chopped up 8 potatoes, halved them and threw them in a pot...I will mash them in a while.

blue
06-08-2009, 09:59 PM
I have been eating pretty simply lately with my bum foot, I just chopped up 8 potatoes, halved them and threw them in a pot...I will mash them in a while.

I hope you got some gravey for them taters.

Dang it now I want mashed taters and gravey.

caseysmom
06-08-2009, 10:02 PM
My family is actually usually happy with butter I don't have half and half, I prefer mashing with that ...non fat milk will definetely not be the same.

Now I have to go scrounge for gravy:D

My daughter is at life guard training and she will be cold and hungry when she gets home so that will hit the spot for her and its extremely easy, I don't even peel the potatoes...yukon gold are the best.

blue
06-08-2009, 10:05 PM
yukon gold are the best.

Quoted for truth.

Twisterdog
06-08-2009, 10:45 PM
My son would eat that in a minute. In fact, this morning he was making himself breakfast ... two packages of Ramen Noodles, buffalo wing sauce and Worchestershire sauce. :eek:

blue
06-08-2009, 10:47 PM
My son would eat that in a minute. In fact, this morning he was making himself breakfast ... two packages of Ramen Noodles, buffalo wing sauce and Worchestershire sauce. :eek:

A squirt of Frenches maybe and that would kill, a normal person.

caseysmom
06-09-2009, 12:25 AM
I can't stand mustard...I would probably go for all the rest though.

blue
06-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Ill put hot sauce or mustard on anything, I think.

pomtzu
06-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Ugh!!! :eek: Blah!!! :eek: You really do need to improve your diet. :(

And were you really serious about adding peanut butter to that?????

Grace
06-09-2009, 12:23 PM

Even cake and ice cream - or pumpkin pie?

Hellow
06-09-2009, 12:31 PM
That's far too many carbs for one sitting - 53.7gms. That's almost as many as I consume in one day. Not to mention the sodium - YIKES - 2338mg!! We only need 500mg/day.

You ought to see what I eat. *Way* worse than that. Well, if a large Big Mac with sweet tea for lunch is worse than that.

Hellow
06-09-2009, 12:32 PM

I put hot sauce on most anything. Not mustard, though. Mustard tastes phunny.

beeniesmom
06-09-2009, 12:57 PM

Me too! Especially now.... bring on the hot sauce!!!!! :D

cassiesmom
06-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Ow, Blue! You lost me after the hot'n'spicy noodles and the hot sauce! I need some water to cool my taste buds! I like those Asian noodle mixes for lunch at work, because they're quick and warm; but they all have lots of sodium.

I have a recipe for chicken and noodles in the style of chicken Satay, for which you use peanut butter. It's not bad!

Karen
06-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Ow, Blue! You lost me after the hot'n'spicy noodles and the hot sauce! I need some water to cool my taste buds! I like those Asian noodle mixes for lunch at work, because they're quick and warm; but they all have lots of sodium.

I have a recipe for chicken and noodles in the style of chicken Satay, for which you use peanut butter. It's not bad!

You know, you can always use the noodles and ditch the "flavor packet" and add your own lower-sodium spices! Or some chopped up veggies - small pieces will cook in the hot water and add flavor.

Make up a ziplock with a teaspoon or so of onion flakes, some rosemary and thyme, and whatever else you might like, add a little soy or salt - you control the amount - and there you have yummy, healthier noodles. Still warm, still tasty, less sodium!

caseysmom
06-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Sure Karen if he wanted to take all the fun out of it:D

blue
06-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Ugh!!! :eek: Blah!!! :eek: You really do need to improve your diet. :(

And were you really serious about adding peanut butter to that?????

THe peanut butter adds MUCH to the taste and enjoyment. Spicy Thia food and peanuts go hand in hand.

Even cake and ice cream - or pumpkin pie?

Ice cream or pie, Ill try with the Franks, not so much with the Frenches.

You ought to see what I eat. *Way* worse than that. Well, if a large Big Mac with sweet tea for lunch is worse than that.

I thought hackers survived on nothing but Hot Pockets?

beeniesmom
06-10-2009, 07:23 AM

... that and mountain dew!

RICHARD
06-10-2009, 07:55 AM
You know, you can always use the noodles and ditch the "flavor packet" and add your own lower-sodium spices! Or some chopped up veggies - small pieces will cook in the hot water and add flavor.

Green onions are really good and so are carrots.

Has anyone ever tried a can of 'toona' in the mix? Water packed tuna works the best-drain well first!

------------------------

A lesson I learned pretty quickly?

I bought some noodle bowls that were on sale at my Phillipino fish store. The size was a bargain-I feel like a pig when one CoS does not fill me up- the label was mostly printed in Japanese and the picture on the front made me want to eat more than one!

The words Hot or Spicy on the package mean that you are in for a spicy, lip burning, stomach scorching, brow wetting event like no other. I muddled through the first one I tried and the others sat in the cupboard for months afterwards.

I grew up on spicy, but this stuff should have been illegal.:D

Hellow
06-10-2009, 08:58 AM

We still eat Hot Pockets (and mountain dew) a lot more than normal. You ought to see my desk :P.

Hellow
06-10-2009, 09:10 AM
A lesson I learned pretty quickly?

I bought some noodle bowls that were on sale at my Phillipino fish store. The size was a bargain-I feel like a pig when one CoS does not fill me up- the label was mostly printed in Japanese and the picture on the front made me want to eat more than one!

The words Hot or Spicy on the package mean that you are in for a spicy, lip burning, stomach scorching, brow wetting event like no other. I muddled through the first one I tried and the others sat in the cupboard for months afterwards.

I grew up on spicy, but this stuff should have been illegal.:D

We spicy food lovers came up with something called the Scoville scale, basically measures how hot something is. What you ate is probably around the level of a Tabasco pepper. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale#List_of_Scoville_ratings

Ok, now lets see someone try pure capsaicin. :D

RICHARD
06-10-2009, 11:11 AM
We spicy food lovers came up with something called the Scoville scale, basically measures how hot something is. What you ate is probably around the level of a Tabasco pepper.

I do tabasco all the time.....This stuff was nuclear!:eek:

I really hurt the next day!:eek::rolleyes::D

happylabs
06-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Okay, that does not sound good to me at all. I had a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup for lunch because my stomach has not been happy so far today for some reason.