PDA

View Full Version : little black spots

daisybee
06-07-2009, 01:30 PM
I don't know if i'm in the right section or not but I was wondering if anyone can tell me why my cat has developed little black dots on his nose and his lips? They aren't raised and cause him no problems, I just wondered if anyone knows what they are from, Thanks:) By the way he's an orange tabby if that makes a difference

Moesha
06-07-2009, 01:36 PM
I was just going to ask if he was orange. It seems that many orange kitties have "freckles" on their pink parts. There's a thread or two on here about it. I know of one for sure that has pictures of many kitties and their "spots".

ETA: Here's the thread I was thinking of. (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=113353&highlight=black+spots)

aTailOf2Kitties
06-07-2009, 06:25 PM
yeah my Montego had those and he was orangey-buff color.

happylabs
06-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Buddy has them too and he is an orange/white boy. The vet says it is just a pigmentation thing and nothing to worry about...very common. He has them on his nose, lips and gums. He is just a freckly faced boy. :D

katladyd
06-07-2009, 10:45 PM
My Mac has them, and he's an orangeman, also. They are completely normal, just like freckles on redheaded people.

krazyaboutkatz
06-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Yes, my orangie boy Sunny has them and has gotten more as he's become older. He even has one on his gumline that one vet told me was a cavity. My current vet told me it's just a freckle. I also noticed that my Flame point boy Starr looks like he now has a freckle on his nose.