PDA

View Full Version : Mac Intel....anyone brave enough to try and help?

Catty1
06-06-2009, 04:00 PM
To make it short....

Boot Camp was restored to enable Mac and Windows to switch back and forth again.

There was a small problem with Windows, so the client and I decided to wipe and reload.

A Mac guy had restored Boot Camp by setting the computer clock back to 2006 (before BC had expired), and showed me the first window of the Windows install.

Fast forward to last night, when - in spite of researching it - I seem to have deleted the Mac partition.

It still does the Mac "chime" when booting up, but goes into Windows, and holding the Option key shows only the Windows HD icon.

Can't seem to uninstall Windows and the Mac OSX ISO cd I have spins, but I can't get into the BIOS on Windows...Control Panel doesn't even show it as an installed program!

ANY ideas??? I'm going back to Googling and all...but am just totally stuck and have NO idea what to do. :(

THANKS....

Hellow
06-06-2009, 04:05 PM
The BIOS.. on Windows.. the BIOS handles the initial boot-up and device management, you access it from startup on most computers (even Macs, I think).

The only way I can think of to get rid of Windows and reinstall OS X is to do things my way: get a Linux CD and delete the partitions with gparted or a similar partition manager. Also, OSX not booting off the CD may be a boot sequence error (where you set the order that the computer checks for things that it can boot off of in the BIOS - the Hard Disk should be last, in good practice).

Catty1
06-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi, Reggie - I have been going NUTS trying to get to the BIOS and change the boot sequence. Normally, not a problem...but with a hybrid Mac/Windows creature here, it's not responding to Windows keystroke commands nor Mac.

*sigh*...Maybe I could try a Windows USB keyboard. Yes, repartitioning is the way to go - and I do have a Linux CD here somewhere...but not sure how that would fit in to the process.

...this is making my head hurt...

Hellow
06-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Hi, Reggie - I have been going NUTS trying to get to the BIOS and change the boot sequence. Normally, not a problem...but with a hybrid Mac/Windows creature here, it's not responding to Windows keystroke commands nor Mac.

Unless BootCamp somehow retardedly changes the keybinds for startup commands, I dont see how that would affect getting into the BIOS. Check the keyboard (some BIOS's dont support USB keyboards at startup, although I doubt that is the problem). Another distant possibility is that you may have corrupted the BIOS itself.