PDA

View Full Version : I could use some good thoughts please. Update #25

Taz_Zoee
06-05-2009, 12:21 PM
My very VERY good friends husband, who is also a good friend of mine, is in the hospital. He is in ICU and is in VERY critical condition.
He was admitted to the hospital on Tuesday and was diagnosed with pneumonia. On Tuesday his chest x-ray showed some fluid in his lungs. Yesterday's chest x-rays shows his lungs are almost completely full of fluid. He had to be intubated yesterday which means they also sedated him so he won't fight the tubes. The doctor told her with as sick as he is there is a 40% chance we won't make it. (Why don't they say it the other way? He has a 60% chance of making it.)
They are also in the process of determining if he might have the H1N1/Swine Flu Virus.
My friend is (obviously) not doing well during this difficult time.

I just don't understand why this is happening. This is just NOT right. He is normally a pretty healthy guy. It's just crazy.

I know PT has some powerful ways. I'm not even a religious person, but I have been hoping and praying (if you want to call it that) all week.

He is much too young for this. He will be 41 in a couple weeks. I know age doesn't matter in a situation like this. (Another Swine Flu death last week in the town I live in was a nine year old girl.)

I'm sorry I am rambling. Thank you to anyone who read through this and can spare a thought or prayer.

Medusa
06-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Oh god, he's too young. Of course, positive prayers going up right now.

Catty1
06-05-2009, 01:12 PM
My 64 - year - old aunt just went through this. They had actually called her son to fly out and say his goodbyes!

SHE MADE IT - and is home and 'headed in the right direction', says her doctor.

PRAYERS and HUGS - he can and will make it.:love:

Karen
06-05-2009, 01:20 PM
If it is the H1N1 - the early cases hit healthy people the hardest - the lungs filling are from your immune system trying to fight the illness. He will be in our prayers.

Randi
06-05-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm sorry to hear your friend's husband is in such bad shape, I hope it's not the H1N1/Swine Flu Virus.

Lots of positive thoughts to him.

caseysmom
06-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Prayers are on the way, I am so sorry. My neighbor went through that in December, it was touch and go for weeks. It wasn't the swine flu but she is a smoker. She is only 50 and she did pull through.

phesina
06-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Prayers for both of them..

Alysser
06-05-2009, 03:27 PM
How terrible :( I am sorry he is going through that. I'll be thinking of him and here's praying he is okay!

pomtzu
06-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Prayers that all will be well.

lvpets2002
06-05-2009, 04:45 PM
:) Lots of Prayers being sent from the furr purr clann & I.. Hope he gets well soon..

Laura's Babies
06-05-2009, 04:57 PM
He has his youth on his side and the fact that he is healthy. I'd rather look at that 60% as the odds are in his favor but prayers are going for him.

moosmom
06-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Loads of prayers coming from CT as well as a candle lit on the PT site.

gini
06-06-2009, 11:50 AM
How frightening! I sure hope he recovers - you have my prayers for your friends.

krazyaboutkatz
06-06-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thougths are being sent his way.

Moesha
06-06-2009, 04:59 PM
My good friend and neighbor had her lungs full of fluid. The doctor told her that a million things could cause that. Sadly, in her case, once they tested the fluid that was drained it showed cancer cells. Eventually they located the cancer. She has stage 4 ovarian cancer. My point is that fluid in the lungs can certainly be a sign of something very serious, but there are also many not as serious reasons that can cause fluid to collect in the lungs. I sure hope that your friend is able to find out what is causing it and get it fixed. Please keep us posted.

kitten645
06-06-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm sorry I'm only just seeing this. Of course your friend and her hubby will be in my prayers. Modern medecine is amazing and I'm sure he'll be fine. Thoughts going out to you. Think positive thoughts.
Claudia

Taz_Zoee
06-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Wow, thank you so much everyone for the kind words and good thoughts.

I got a text from her earlier today that said he crashed twice over last night and they put him under heavy sedation and paralyzing drug so he can breathe without his body trying to fight. He was steady earlier today.

Then just before I went to post this she texted again and said he's doing better. It's going to be a long haul but at least he's doing good right now.

It is comforting hearing other stories of people making it through this.
Again thank you all so much!

Laura's Babies
06-07-2009, 07:27 AM
Just keep us posted, OK?

Taz_Zoee
06-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Just keep us posted, OK?

Of course. :)

caseysmom
06-07-2009, 04:00 PM
I am glad he is doing better, yes please keep us posted.

phesina
06-07-2009, 05:34 PM
So glad to hear he has rallied. Continuing prayers for him that he continues to do better.

Catty1
06-07-2009, 05:39 PM
With my aunt, they put her on a different and MAJOR antibiotic. Sounds like this fellow is in very good hands....glad to hear the improvement!

More prayers going out!

carole
06-07-2009, 06:45 PM
so happy to hear your friend is improving, may he continue to improve and make a speedy recovery and be home with his family soon, you are all in my thoughts.:love:

Taz_Zoee
06-07-2009, 11:03 PM
I think the PT power is working! He had a good night (no crashing) and has remained stable throughout the day. :D
Let's keep it up though until he can come home. :)

THANK YOU!!!!

Taz_Zoee
06-09-2009, 12:34 PM
I would like to thank you all again for the thoughts and prayers. But apparently what was ailing him was stronger than us. He lost his fight this morning.
I am shaking and in shock.

Rest in Peace Eric. :(

MoonandBean
06-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Wow. I have chills. I am so sorry!!!!!!!

pomtzu
06-09-2009, 12:47 PM
OMG - how tragic. I'm at a loss for words.

May Eric rest in peace, and God bring comfort to his family, and to you too, Cindy.

lvpets2002
06-09-2009, 12:51 PM
:( OMG I as well am in shock.. Prayers & Huggss
OMG - how tragic. I'm at a loss for words.

May Eric rest in peace, and God bring comfort to his family, and to you too, Cindy.

beeniesmom
06-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Oh my goodness. I am so sorry. Heartfelt condolences to friends and family.

caseysmom
06-09-2009, 01:02 PM
I am so very sorry.

Medusa
06-09-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm truly sorry, Cindy. It's a shock, I'm sure, because I'm feeling it myself. My heartfelt condolences to you and Eric's family and loved ones.

Taz_Zoee
06-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Thank you so much.
Apparently he did have the H1N1 (Swine Flu) Virus. It is posted on Yahoo, only it doesn't state his name. I haven't confirmed this with his wife though.

This is just unbelievable!! You always think it is not going to happen to anyone you know.

phesina
06-09-2009, 03:29 PM
I am so very sorry, Cindy.

Rest in peace, dearest Eric; you are loved.

Alysser
06-09-2009, 03:52 PM
I am in shock reading this, I am so sorry about Eric :( May he rest in peace :love: I can't believe it.

Catty1
06-09-2009, 06:47 PM
God, I am SO sorry - he seemed to be rallying...what a horrid shock for the family and for friends like you.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Taz_Zoee
06-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Thank you so much.
Apparently he did have the H1N1 (Swine Flu) Virus. It is posted on Yahoo, only it doesn't state his name. I haven't confirmed this with his wife though.

This is just unbelievable!! You always think it is not going to happen to anyone you know.

Well, apparently I was all wrong on this. This is another death here, not Eric. His results have not come back yet for the H1N1. They are performing an autopsy on him.
Ugh, this is horrible. Brandi (Eric's wife...or widow:() and I watch Dr G Medical Examiner all the time and to think about that now it is just unreal! She is still in shock herself.
Thanks again.

caseysmom
06-09-2009, 08:20 PM
The funeral business is a big rip off, if you need to talk about that stuff I can pm you my cell phone, there are a lot of ways to NOT get ripped off.

carole
06-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Oh my gosh i am so terribly sorry to read this post, i really thought he had turned the corner, how tragic, my thoughts are with you and his family at this very sad time.

Taz_Zoee
06-09-2009, 09:46 PM
The funeral business is a big rip off, if you need to talk about that stuff I can pm you my cell phone, there are a lot of ways to NOT get ripped off.

I got your PM before I saw this. They actually just buried his father in Feb of 07. So, unfortunately, they are not new to the funeral process. :(

krazyaboutkatz
06-10-2009, 12:39 AM
Cindy, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( My thoughts and prayers are with you and Eric's family. RIP Eric.:(

Taz_Zoee
06-10-2009, 06:14 PM
H1N1/Swine Flu was confirmed today. :(

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-11-2009, 04:09 PM
H1N1/Swine Flu was confirmed today. :(

Oh no.......... so sad....:eek::(:(
Any idea where he caught it?

Kirsten
06-12-2009, 04:41 AM
I'm very sorry! :( My heartfelt condolences to Eric's family!

May he rest in peace.

Kirsten

Randi
06-12-2009, 05:18 AM
I'm so soor to hear your friend's husband didn't make it. :(

My heartfelt condolances to his family and friends.

May he rest in peace!

(((hugs)))

Taz_Zoee
06-12-2009, 09:38 AM
Thank you very much everyone.

Oh no.......... so sad....:eek::(:(
Any idea where he caught it?

There's no telling. But they did go to Los Angeles for one night over Spring Break weekend. But who knows, really? He could have caught it at the grocery store.

prechrswife
06-12-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm so sorry...:(

gini
06-13-2009, 04:38 PM
I have been out of town, so I just saw this.

I am dumbfounded!

My heart goes out to you, their dear friend - and to his family.
It seems as though he lost his battle very quickly.

I just am so sorry.

Laura's Babies
06-13-2009, 05:37 PM
I am so sorry to hear that!! ((((HUGS)))) to you and the family.

Daisy and Delilah
06-13-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm so sorry, Cindy. I am just seeing this thread. This is terrible news. My thoughts and prayers are going out to all of you. This goes to show us that we never know when we will be taken.:(

Rest In Peace Eric. :(

Taz_Zoee
06-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Thank you guys.
I am going to spend some time with Brandi today. I'm bringing Taggart with me. I figured he'd be good therapy for her. Plus she's never met him.
The services are Saturday the 20th (just two days before his birthday:().

caseysmom
06-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Your still in my thoughts and so is Brandi.

Catty1
06-14-2009, 01:32 PM
{{{{hugs}}}} to you and especially to Brandi. :(

With all due respect - why are they waiting so long for the funeral? With my dad and sister - heck, even 3 days seemed like forever. Waiting at a time like that is so hard.:(

Prayers to everyone.

caseysmom
06-14-2009, 01:38 PM
{{{{hugs}}}} to you and especially to Brandi. :(

With all due respect - why are they waiting so long for the funeral? With my dad and sister - heck, even 3 days seemed like forever. Waiting at a time like that is so hard.:(

Prayers to everyone.

My brothers memorial was almost a month after he died.

pomtzu
06-14-2009, 01:51 PM
My brother's was almost 3 weeks after he passed - to allow all family to be notified and be able to travel the distance to attend the service. He was cremated - don't know if that made a difference or not.

Taz_Zoee
06-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure why the services are so far out. Brandi is from Delaware, so that may be part of it. Her mother is already here (and was when Eric passed), but maybe it gives the rest of the family time to come out. I'll find out more today.
I'm a little nervous. I do not plan on talking about Eric, but then I keep thinking maybe I should. I'll probably just let her bring it up. This is so hard. :(

I can't thank my PT family enough right now. You don't even know me, let alone my friend and you are all so supportive. :)