PDA

View Full Version : Winston Churchill and Lady Astor (and other great W quotes!)

Catty1
06-05-2009, 12:19 PM
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”

“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense."

“If you can't convince them, confuse them.”

The Quote
“Lady Nancy Astor: Winston, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea.
Churchill: Nancy, if I were your husband, I'd drink it.”

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5b/Ladyastor.jpg/225px-Ladyastor.jpg
Nancy Witcher Astor, Viscountess Astor, CH, (May 19, 1879 – May 2, 1964) was the first woman to serve as a Member of Parliament (MP) in the British House of Commons.

blue
06-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Those are great.

Grace
06-07-2009, 01:51 PM
We just watched an HBO special about Churchill - Into the Storm. Very well done, but then, most British produced productions are well done.

One of my favorite Churchill quotes is this - We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

Marigold2
06-10-2009, 04:12 PM
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”

LOL I have actually used that one several times and it is still funny.

Why do young women think that wearing a tight shirt with their fat rolling out of their jeans in all directions is exceptable in the smallest degree, not much is uglier to the eye. Cover the fat, you look like a hippo.

Another funny one is from William Shakepheare (sic)
Thou smelted like a mountain goat. LOL :p:p:p