PDA

View Full Version : I really miss my RB Puddy

Medusa
06-04-2009, 12:59 PM
I was at my local vet's to pick up Pidge's subq fluids and there was a cat in the back room crying and it sounded exactly like Puddy. She had a sort of warble to her cry, the one that told me that she was in pain. My eyes teared up and it was all I could do to contain myself. I miss that little fur ball. :(

Queen of Poop
06-04-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm sorry you had the reminder and it made you sad. Here's a big HUG to make you feel a wee bit better.

katladyd
06-04-2009, 01:16 PM
I still tear up at the thought of my dear, sweet, Tomas. He went to the Bridge last July, and while we have three others, you still miss the one that is no longer there. It gets better in time, it really does! Last night, I was telling my boyfriend that our newest cat, Mau Mau, reminds me so much of Tomas. We started telling Tomas stories to each other and we were actually smiling, not crying. Puddy wouldn't want you to be sad. She's busy preparing for the day you will meet again and she is sooo excited!

Laura's Babies
06-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Missing them is so sad and hard, sometimes downright painful. ((((HUS))))) My RB Sambo died in the 70's and I STILL miss him but it isn't as painful as it use to be.

GILL
06-04-2009, 02:23 PM
I still tear up every time I think of Patches, she has been gone over 6 years.
It is never easy when they have made a deep, deep inpact on your hart.

Medusa
06-04-2009, 02:28 PM
I always miss her and think of her. The last thing I do before I leave the house is say "Puddy and Boo Bear, watch the house for mommy" and before I go to bed, I kiss her picture and tell her I miss her and love her. I can't believe I do that but there it is. I think if the cat in the vet clinic didn't sound so much like Puddy when she was in pain it wouldn't have been so difficult. I've been telling myself that Dr. Lee relieved Puddy's pain quickly (it was when she had peritonitis and he did emergency surgery), so after that she had a few good years left. Plus a lady came into the clinic w/an adorable little long haired Dachsund that was being adopted and that helped to snap me out of my funk, at least until I got home but then I somehow got it into my head that Puddy would be there waiting for me. Silly, huh?

catmandu
06-04-2009, 03:13 PM
If I go into a park , I feed the pigeons just to hear them coo, as it sounds exactly like the way My Moose The MagnifiCat PURRRRS a deep throated happy PURRR that sounded like a flock of pigeons who live near a bread factory.
:love::love:
It took two pats to start his motor running, and he purred for a long time afterwards.
He is such a Good Cat.
WE eill meet again.
One Fine Day.

Medusa
06-04-2009, 03:25 PM
If I go into a park , I feed the pigeons just to hear them coo, as it sounds exactly like the way My Moose The MagnifiCat PURRRRS a deep throated happy PURRR that sounded like a flock of pigeons who live near a bread factory.
It took two pats to start his motor running, and he purred for a long time afterwards.
He is such a Good Cat.
WE eill meet again.
One Fine Day.

That's interesting, Gary, because that's how my Pigeon got her name. She coos like a pigeon, too. :)

orangemm
06-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Aww, Mary, I'm sorry you went through that today ((((hugs)))). It's funny what will set us off like that. When I see a black cat, I automatically think of my Mikey, the lovingest (is that a word?) cat EVER. I know you miss your Puddy; you talked about her so much on here. The hurt doesn't exactly go away, but it fades a bit in time. I still miss Mikey and he's been gone almost 12 years.

He was such a lover:love::love::love:. Never hissed or growled, not a mean bone in his body. He just craved attention and I gave him all I had!

Just remember Puddy (and Mikey) are waiting patiently for us............:)

phesina
06-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Oh, Mary, I am so very sorry for your pain. Big {{{{{HUGS}}}}} from me and ~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~ from the cats.

3Catcondo
06-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Hugs to you Mary, I know that was a hard thing and it's ok to be emotional about it. Losing a furry friend is never easy and they will never be forgotten.
:love:

kb2yjx
06-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Mary, here is a BIG hug for you!!!!!

momtomany
06-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Hugs to you Mary and head bumps and purrs from the Dunn gang. The impact our fur babies makes on our lives and hearts never goes away we just learn to accept.

momcat
06-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Somehow, our kitties manage to grab hold of that unique and special place in our hearts. They always get us securly wrapped around their little paws then use it to their advantage. And we wouldn't have it any other way, we give in every time.

Puddy was more than your pet kitty, she was your best friend. Your sweetie will always be in your heart. It's easy to understand how you felt in the office. Tonight, tell her how much you love her.....she'll hear you.

Pinot's Mom
06-05-2009, 09:01 AM
((((((hugs)))))) - I understand your feelings and pain. CK is gone now 24 years, and Jamara 8 years. I miss them every day. We were looking through pictures last night with friends and there was my baby Jamara lying in front of the fireplace in her last days...:(

Puddy, come visit your Mom and let her know you're OK and will see her again some day! :love: