PDA

View Full Version : SNOW in the forecast...pictures

Queen of Poop
06-04-2009, 07:07 AM
Can you believe it???? We have SNOW in the forecast for Saturday night!!! I was going to plant my wee tomato plants outside today, now I'm rethinking it. Did no one tell the weather man it is JUNE!!!

emily_the_spoiled
06-04-2009, 09:00 AM
I used to live in Calgary and when I tell people here (in Washington DC) that I have seen snow in ever month but July they do not believe. I must admit that I do NOT miss that one little bit :D

Taz_Zoee
06-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Yeah, we had thunder and lighting here in California last night. Such weird weather.

lvpets2002
06-04-2009, 09:24 AM
:) MMmm in Texas we are lucky to see Snow.. And we always Freeze when the Canada Cold Fronts Come Thru..:D

Catty1
06-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Well, so far it says snow OR rain...but yow! To even HAVE the four-letter "s" word mentioned in June is unthinkable!

Gayle - remember the August long weekend several years ago when there was a MAJOR snowfall? A friend and I have to drive up to Sundre that weekend, and the whole area looked like total winter!

The poor leafy trees looked totally shocked!

Hey, it was all gone by Monday...I think!:rolleyes:

smokey the elder
06-04-2009, 10:57 AM
There were snow flurries in the Finger Lakes area earlier this week!

caseysmom
06-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Yeah, we had thunder and lighting here in California last night. Such weird weather.

I actually enjoyed it last night but I hope my cast doesn't get rained on today when I go to my daughters graduation...rain in june in california is very odd.

Queen of Poop
06-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Well, so far it says snow OR rain...but yow! To even HAVE the four-letter "s" word mentioned in June is unthinkable!

Gayle - remember the August long weekend several years ago when there was a MAJOR snowfall? A friend and I have to drive up to Sundre that weekend, and the whole area looked like total winter!

The poor leafy trees looked totally shocked!

Hey, it was all gone by Monday...I think!:rolleyes:

The weather dude on Global Calgary this morning went so far as to say we could see 15 cm of SNOW!!!

Medusa
06-04-2009, 01:34 PM
In Ohio we had such a long and brutal winter that anything below 80 degrees makes me whine. Someone told me today that the weather channel said we're in for an unusally cool summer. Great. After the winter, we deserve a break. It was 41 and raining last night so I turned the furnace on this morning to take the chill off the house. Poor Boo Bear was huddled next to the heat vent waiting for it to kick on. He's such a skinny guy. He and Coco huddled close to me all night.

Daisy and Delilah
06-04-2009, 01:39 PM
WHAT??? WOW!!! Unbelievable. I guess you guys never get to wear shorts.:eek: :eek: :eek:

pomtzu
06-04-2009, 01:43 PM
After having the central air on for several days, today I'm freezing and have a sweatshirt on. It just barely made it to 60 and is rainy, and the same forecast for tomorrow. Soon it will be so hot and humid, that I'll be wishing for weather like this.
Never a happy medium.....:(

Queen of Poop
06-04-2009, 03:01 PM
The worst of it is, it's a beautiful, warm day today, too windy for my liking but it's nice. How the heck do you go from plus 24oC to Zero!! If it does snow I'll post some photos. Fingers crossed that it goes away.

Taz_Zoee
06-04-2009, 04:46 PM
I actually enjoyed it last night but I hope my cast doesn't get rained on today when I go to my daughters graduation...rain in june in california is very odd.

With this weather you never know. You might want to take a plastic bag or something to cover it just in case.

Snow pictures would be nice to see right now. Despite our strange weather here it is still very warm. I almost wish it would snow in Tahoe for this weekend. LOL

Queen of Poop
06-04-2009, 07:55 PM
The winds come up considerably, temperature is dropping, the clouds are moving in and the sky is getting dark. Cannot see the mountains or the city of Calgary. Weather is moving in.

K9karen
06-04-2009, 08:39 PM
I guess I was lucky to be in Calgary (Lake Louise and Baniff) years ago in September, and the weather was awesome! I guess the planet was still in good shape back then. As much as I LOVE your neck of the woods, sorry, I'll stay here and take our crazy 4 seasons. At least I know they'll be no snow past April. (crosses fingers)

Queen of Poop
06-05-2009, 07:27 AM
Ya hoo!!! Forecast is changed, for the better. Sort of. The SNOW factor is gone, but it's still going to rain and be cold for the weekend. It's very dark and cloudy this morning. Must be good for the elk, there was 15 in the yard this morning.

Catty1
06-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Kind of a cozy hot chocolate day, eh? ;)

In JUNE!!!!!

Queen of Poop
06-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Kind of a cozy hot chocolate day, eh? ;)

In JUNE!!!!!

No kidding. If there was any fire wood left after the kids fire pit party I'd be sitting here with a rip roaring fire. It's only 5 degrees out. The mist is blowing outside like snow. This will chill you to the bone.

Glacier
06-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Ya hoo!!! Forecast is changed, for the better. Sort of. The SNOW factor is gone, but it's still going to rain and be cold for the weekend. It's very dark and cloudy this morning. Must be good for the elk, there was 15 in the yard this morning.

Could you send it back up here where it belongs, please? We have extreme fire hazard right now. The Alaska Highway is closed due to a massive fire near the BC/Yukon border, which means most supplies, like groceries ect, can't get here. Several villages have been evacuated. It's unlikely I'll have to, but I've already contacted the people involved in our personal emergency plan, just in case I need a safe place for 24 dogs in a hurry!

Queen of Poop
06-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Could you send it back up here where it belongs, please? We have extreme fire hazard right now. The Alaska Highway is closed due to a massive fire near the BC/Yukon border, which means most supplies, like groceries ect, can't get here. Several villages have been evacuated. It's unlikely I'll have to, but I've already contacted the people involved in our personal emergency plan, just in case I need a safe place for 24 dogs in a hurry!

Yikes!!! You can have it back for sure! It is cold, wet and miserable here. It's been quite dry so we can use the moisture, but sounds like you need it more. We're on 5 unfenced acres, but you and the brood are welcome here if you've got to get out.

Queen of Poop
06-05-2009, 06:02 PM
It's 5 pm. And it is SNOWING!!!!

Huge flakes. Not sticking yet, but if this keeps up as it gets cooler as night falls....

Queen of Poop
06-06-2009, 09:43 AM
A couple of snow pictures to make you shiver. One shows Sasha outside in snow up to her tummy, note the poor shrubs covered in heavy snow. The other shows the amount of snow piled up on the deck railing.

We had no power from 5 am to 8 am this morning. Hoping it stays on now.

3Catcondo
06-06-2009, 09:51 AM
That is so crazy, I'm so used to 4 seasons, I'm not sure what you would have up North. Does it stay cold/snowy most months of the year? I wouldn't be able to live there. Cold is not my thing. :)

Queen of Poop
06-06-2009, 10:10 AM
That is so crazy, I'm so used to 4 seasons, I'm not sure what you would have up North. Does it stay cold/snowy most months of the year? I wouldn't be able to live there. Cold is not my thing. :)

We should be having nice sunny spring weather, but not this year. Many years ago we had snow in Calgary 11 months of the year. Our summers are pretty short, but this much snow at this time of the year is quite strange.

Catty1
06-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Weird...it stayed green out in Cochrane here, though cold and VERY damp!

Just to give folks some geographical reference, I live about 20 minutes NW of Calgary, and Queen is in the deep SE of Calgary itself.

Probably an hour's drive at highway speeds as the crow flies?

My town is closer to the mountains...but don't see how much difference that would make.

Hope you warm up soon, girl!

Queen of Poop
06-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Weird...it stayed green out in Cochrane here, though cold and VERY damp!

Just to give folks some geographical reference, I live about 20 minutes NW of Calgary, and Queen is in the deep SE of Calgary itself.

Probably an hour's drive at highway speeds as the crow flies?

My town is closer to the mountains...but don't see how much difference that would make.

Hope you warm up soon, girl!

Sorry to correct you, but we moved to an acreage SW of Calgary. We're 17 km from SW Calgary. 1.5 km from the Leighton Centre.

Shelteez2
06-06-2009, 01:43 PM
I'm in the deep SE of Calgary and we got a little bit of snow this morning, but it didn't stick.

blue
06-06-2009, 11:45 PM
So can I quit worrying about global warming?