PDA

View Full Version : A little introduction

Taffy0498-0509
06-03-2009, 08:39 AM
I know my coming here wasn't with the best news but I would like to introduce you to my other cat Pepper. Pepper is about 2 weeks older then Taffy and is a Harlequin.

How I got this cat wasn't on the best terms. She was a rescue kitty. I had a friend wayyyyyy back years ago who wanted a cat, we came across this ad in an apartment building we were looking at as he was looking for a new place, we went to talk to the people and they told us there was one cat left which was the runt and they would bring her to him the next day. He started out as incredibly loving but then got really abusive with her when I wasn't looking. I will spare you all the dumb things he did :mad: however he left his apartment and shows up at my place one day and tells me he hadn't been to his place in 3 weeks, I figured he found a new home for Pepper. I inquired and he told me that he left her at the apartment, SAY WHAT? Left her there? With nothing? No food, no water, no nothing and he was NOT planning to go back because he had skipped rent. I demanded the keys to go and get MY NEW CAT. My mother said I was allowed only if I found a home for her (if she was still alive) She was infact alive but acting like a maniac through out the apartment, it was trashed and she had gone above and beyond to survive, she opened all the cubards and ate everything out of them, she managed to open the fridge and pull food out of there, including meats and breaking the eggs on the floor. One very determined kitty, she was very scared and her hair was falling out. I took her home and got her healthy, also refusing to give her up.

Pepper is now a healthy 11 year old cat, she is def not ALL there but it adds to her character, she makes me laugh everyday, she is the most docile kitty I have EVER come across, this cat does NOT bite and will NOT bite. She follows me around everywhere, I mean EVERYWHERE. If I am behind a closed door she actually cries at the door for me sticking her little paws underneath. She doesn't pur much but more rather makes a grunting sound when touched or petted, it's funny, I have now mastered this sound and will make it to get her to come to me, she comes when called by name or this weird grunt. A lot of people describe her as "out to lunch" lol She has won many hearts including those who are not even cat lovers, people just automatically love her.

She is very small for her age, the vet's can't even believe she is 11 years old because she looks about 2, the vet is concerned she may be part parott :p because she squacked like one the entire time we were in there getting her, her shots, she was also perching herself on everyones shoulder like one. She can do tricks, like stand and beg for treats, meows on cue (her meow sounds so silly and fragile, kitten like). She rubs on everything, gives me kisses and paws my face, she only does this to me for some reason. I can't even eat a ice cream without sharing. She also likes chips and popcorn. lol

I try to keep her indoors but when she get's out she is gone, like a lightening rod, her speed is unbelievable, she always comes back though and stays close by, usually just rolling around in the grass behind my house.

Anyhoo, this is my princess Pepper (She really does think she is one).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/madisonscreations/FamilyFriends/Pep1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/madisonscreations/FamilyFriends/Pep2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/madisonscreations/FamilyFriends/Pep6.jpg

And these ones just for fun, she got herself stuck on the roof of the house sometime back and wasn't too pleased that I rather photograph her then crawl out the window to get her. lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/madisonscreations/FamilyFriends/Pep3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/madisonscreations/FamilyFriends/Pep4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/madisonscreations/FamilyFriends/Pep5.jpg

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard at her before when she made these faces because she looks all angry with me but if you had heard the tiny meows coming out of her mouth you would have laughed too no doubt, she is hardly the big bad kitty she thought she was here.

GILL
06-03-2009, 08:45 AM
She is a cutie.

lvpets2002
06-03-2009, 08:48 AM
:love: WoW this baby is a Sweetie Cutie Pie..

Pinot's Mom
06-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Awww.....MOM GET ME OFF THIS ROOF!!!:rolleyes: And stop it with the flashy thing!!

Pepper is a CUTIE!! Thanks for sharing! :)

CultureJunky
06-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Pepper is a sweetheart, and just look at that attitude! lol :love:

Sonia59
06-03-2009, 09:31 AM
What a sweetie! Thanks for the intro and for sharing these pics :)

Taz_Zoee
06-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Awww, what a sweetie! Yeah, she doesn't look pleased about being photographed while stuck on the roof. :p

catmandu
06-03-2009, 09:40 AM
The Found Paradise Hotel Cats are all Meeowing thier MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWS to PEPPER!!!
:love::love::love::love::love:
Its always WONDERFUL to make a MEW FRIEND!!!
:love::love::love::love::love:

Anikaca77
06-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Pepper sure is a cutie.

katladyd
06-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Awwwww...I just fell in love:love:. God Bless You for taking her in.

Medusa
06-03-2009, 04:17 PM
After all she went through, Pepper proved that she's quite a survivor. I'm so glad that you kept the cat and, hopefully, ditched the friend. Pepper is adorable and I'm so glad that she's living the good life now.

carole
06-03-2009, 06:27 PM
I loved reading your story about how you came to own Pepper,but shame on that evil friend of your's, i gather he is no longer a friend, shame,shame on him,how would he like to be shut in a house with no food or water or care.

Pepper is so cute and those antics well all i can say is as we say down under Pepper is a hardcase or a real dag, means full of fun and a real character, thanks for sharing, stop by often and tell us all about your furbabies, and hey WELCOME here.:)

Laura's Babies
06-03-2009, 07:33 PM
I rolled laughing at the ones of her with her mouth open. She was really giving you "WHAT FOR!" Those are priceless pictures..

Pepper is adorable and I hope somehow, someway, you can post a video so we can hear her.. I LOVE a verbal cat and look forwards to hearing her voice sometime...

My brother was living in the New Orleans area when Katrina hit and he looked after some neighbors cats after the storm. Someone had broke in the house and when they left, they left the doors open. That is what he found when he stopped by to check on the cats, he searched the house and could not find them, shut the house up and left. Some weeks later (like 3 to 4) he went to check on the house and found all the cabinets opens and food out on the floor with the packages chewed opened. Those cats were still in that house all that time and they too, did what they had to to survive. They ate uncooked spaghetti, uncooked rice, tore into a box of unopened crackers and ate those, they ate cereal, uncooked oatmeal. They ate what they could find to stay alive.. For water the bathroom had a dripping faucet that dripped non stop and that is how they got water.. I thought immediately about that when I started reading about how you got Pepper. It is so sad they had to go through this, but heartwarming that they are smart enough to know what to do to survive. For the Katrina survivers and Pepper.

jenluckenbach
06-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Pepper is absolutely adorable!! I cringe at her story, but an pleased that all turned out in the end.
WELCOME to Pet Talk!

Taffy0498-0509
06-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Thanx for the welcome guys, I truly appreciate that and hope to post often here.

krazyaboutkatz
06-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Welcome to PT.:D I'm so glad that you were able to save Pepper from her horrible home. She sure is adorable and looks like a real sweetheart.:) I also had a cat named Pepper but he was all black. I never realized how common of a name it was.;)

katladyd
06-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Pepper is soooo cute! I'm so glad you have her to help comfort you. Cats are very good at that:D

allmycats
06-05-2009, 01:12 AM
both cats are adorable!:)

pepper looks like she's thinking, "ok just wait till you are asleep! then I'll show you!" :eek: LOL

allmycats
06-05-2009, 01:18 AM
no wonder she follows you everwhere, that poor cat must have been frightened out of her mind being left behind to starve, then you came along and rescued her, no wonder she stays close to you! that had to be an experience she will never forget!:mad: she's lucky to have you:)

cassiesmom
06-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Why are you taking my photo? Get me down!

Pepper, you are very beautiful! My kitty was almost named Pepper :)

catlover32648
06-06-2009, 10:03 PM
wow god bless her ! what a gorgeous face:love: