PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of my bettas Sixxie and Flash :)

luckies4me
06-02-2009, 01:38 PM
I will try this again since Photobucket froze my computer. :rolleyes:

Sorry I don't have too many photos of Sixxie, as he hates to be photographed, and since he mostly hangs out at the top of the tank in hopes that mom will sprinkle more pellets for him, it's hard to get some good photos of him. Flash on the other hand isn't shy at all, so that's why there's more of him. I just cleaned Flash's bowl and bought some new plants so later on today I'll take some new pics once the plants are in. :)

Anywho, my mom sent me these cute little rice bowls from Japan and since I doubt I'll ever use them I thought they'd make good betta tank decorations. HAHA. Don't hurt me mom! :eek: I have one more which I'll put in the new bettas bowl once I find another one that strikes my fancy.

Some of you may remember Malakai which I had for 3 years and then passed away from illness. He was sick for a very long time. We tried everything. Dr. Below the fish expert I work with couldn't even fix him, so it was his time to pass. That's how my son got his name...from my fish!:D I loved that little guy. After he passed I needed a new betta to fill the hole in my heart so I bought Sixxie. Sixxie is very shy. He looked like poop when I got him, and was very tiny and lethargic. But after switching him to the tank he is bright and alert and very happy for a fish. :) I've had him for about 7 months or so now. I just got Flash about a month ago.

Flash- named for his colors, as if it weren't obvious. He's a crowntail and quite a looker!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/luckies4me2/flash.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/luckies4me2/flash2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/luckies4me2/flash3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/luckies4me2/prettyfish.jpg

In his bowl. You can see the cute little rice bowl. I'll be adding his new plants later on today. I'll get an updated photo then. He'll be switching into one of the tanks that Sixxie is in soon, which will give him tons more room.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/luckies4me2/bowl.jpg

luckies4me
06-02-2009, 01:40 PM
And here is Sixxie. Again, he hates his photo being taken!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/luckies4me2/s2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/luckies4me2/sixxie.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/luckies4me2/tank2.jpg

I love these little bowls. He likes to hide in them, and behind them. And yes, I need a background for the tank. Still haven't gotten around to it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/luckies4me2/tank-1.jpg

:D I love my fish!

luckies4me
06-06-2009, 04:47 PM
*bump*

Seravieve
06-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Wow Flash is one of the prettiest bettas I've seen! I love the teal.

I've had a few bettas in my life... but they don't seem to live very long. I had one jump out of his tank and down the drain.. :( No joke.

My SIL just got 2 this past week, one of which looks like Sixxie, a dark blue. The other is white... its really strange looking. I've never seen a white one like him. She has yet to name them tho.

luckies4me
06-06-2009, 10:41 PM
I love bettas. They are so easy to keep and not too much maintenance. :) I love the white bettas, especially when they have pink eyes. They're so cool. My mom would get bettas all the time when I was younger, but my cat would always fish them out of the bowl, and I'd come home from school to little fish filets on the counter. :eek: I laugh about it now, because my mom just wasn't smart enough to learn how to put them out of the cats reach or into something that the cat couldn't get into. I sometimes think she would bring them home just for Blackie...;)

Casper
06-07-2009, 09:55 AM
You've got some very nice looking bettas there. :) Don't you love how such small fish seem to have pretty big personalities? Sure, they don't have quite the personality like the larger cichlids, but they are still a lot of fun to have around.

Thanks for sharing!

Seravieve
06-07-2009, 10:43 AM
I love bettas. They are so easy to keep and not too much maintenance. :) I love the white bettas, especially when they have pink eyes. They're so cool. My mom would get bettas all the time when I was younger, but my cat would always fish them out of the bowl, and I'd come home from school to little fish filets on the counter. :eek: I laugh about it now, because my mom just wasn't smart enough to learn how to put them out of the cats reach or into something that the cat couldn't get into. I sometimes think she would bring them home just for Blackie...;)

LOL! Little kitty snacks..

luckies4me
06-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Well I'm pretty upset this morning. I woke up and went to go feed the fish and Sixxie has NO TAIL!!! :( I got two little fish the other day to help keep the tank clean, and no one told me not to put them in with my betta because they would hurt him. I told them they were going in with my betta and they recommened these two fish, and now I don't even know if Sixxie is going to live. He can barely swim because he has no tail and no little front fins anymore. :( :mad: When I go into work tomorrow they are giving me my money back for the new fish and if Sixxie doesn't make it, are replacing my betta! I am so mad. People should know what they're talking about before recommending something!!! Please keep Sixxie in your thoughts. :( I love this fish.

luckies4me
06-07-2009, 12:35 PM
If he lives does anyone know how long it will take for his tail to grow back? My poor poor fish. :(

Casper
06-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Oh no, Poor guy! Can he still manage to swim up to the top of his tank?

You can help him out with the healing by adding some Melafix to his water. It helps heal wounds, damaged fins, etc. One of my cichlids had something similar happen to him and the meds seemed to help quite a bit. I am not certain how long it takes for it to grow back, though...

Best of luck! Good vibes are being sent his way for a speedy recovery.

PS: I taked to a friend who owns bettas. Apparently there is a "BettaFix" that might work better.

luckies4me
06-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Ya I already have Melafix, bettafix, pimafix, stress coat, stress zyme etc...I keep a supply of pretty much everything. However, it doesn't matter because shortly after my last post he passed away. :(

luckies4me
06-09-2009, 12:26 PM
I talked to the management and they said they would replace my betta if I bring back the two little fish (my pleasure!) and my dead bettas body. I am so upset over this. I feel like it's my fault, because if I wouldn't have gotten those two other fish Sixxie would still be alive! :(

I don't know, I might turn his tank into a female betta tank. Does anyone know if you can keep female bettas in with say, guppies? It's a big enough tank that I could throw in like three guppies and two female bettas...I think.

The photos I took the other day are the best ones I've taken of Sixxie too. :(

binka_nugget
06-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Sorry to hear about Sixxie :(

I think Sixxie might have been a girl!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/ohmydog/untitled.jpg

That looks like an egg spot to me! Some girlies are really aggressive.. I had one that acted and even looked like a boy, but I realized he was a she after I saw her bar up and saw the egg spot. If you were to try a community tank with females, I would probably choose something different from guppies.. they've got those nice flowy fins that might be tempting to a betta. The only time I've ever been successful with a female community tank was after I had about 8 or 9 in a tank.. any less and it was total chaos. Girlies are so hard to deal with :rolleyes::o

luckies4me
06-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Sixxie was sold to me as a girl, lol, but I thought because the fish had grown so much that it must have been a boy. I guess she was a she! I miss her so much. :(

Seravieve
06-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Aww so sorry to hear about Sixxie!!

luckies4me
06-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Thank you. I just feel like it was my fault. I really was attached to her. I know it sounds dumb because it was a fish, and you can't do much with your fish, but she was very unique. She was different than all the other fish I've had before. Shy, but oh so happy when you fed her lol. She was just so cool for a fish. It's weird too because since she's been gone I think Flash is more of a ham for attention. He keeps jumping out of the water every time I walk near his bowl to get my attention, then when I come to him he'll just sit there and stare at me until I feed him. Then after he's fed he gets all happy and swims all over the place lol. :D

I don't know, I've just always really liked fish. I should post pics of the cichlid I just rescued. I'm already so attached to him. I wasn't going to keep him at first, but in the short week he's been here I've already grown to love him. It's so cool because when I give him his Hikari pellets you can hear him chewing!!! LOL. It's the coolest thing ever!!!:D

Anyone have any name suggestions for my cichlid? He's huge, and blue and green in color, with a red outline on his fins. He looks pearlish in the light, and sort of glimmers. He's very pretty. I've looked online to try to figure out what kind of cichlid (I think that's what he is) he is, but I can't find any that look similar to him.

Zippy
06-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Your Bettas are Beautiful :)
I miss having mine.They are wonderful pets.I still think about my guys and gals.Nemo he was my favorite.I miss him the most.

snowbelle15
06-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Aw, I'm sorry to hear about Sixxie. She was a beautiful betta!

orangemm
07-07-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm so sorry about Sixxie; how sad about her passing. I got a 'bottom feeder' for my tank, and although he didn't bite my betta's fins, he sort of chased him around, so I took him back to the store where I got him. I was afraid that he was stressing Percy out and I don't want anything to happen to him.

I also tried some snails, but have had no luck with them. For some reason they all die within a few days.:(

BC_MoM
07-08-2009, 02:32 AM
Poor Sixxie. :(