PDA

View Full Version : A sad sad day

Marigold2
06-01-2009, 06:31 PM
My co-worker's son died today in a horrible accident. He was 38 and left a wife and nine year old daughter. They are such a good, kind and incredibly loving family. Today here in Ohio it's a lovely day outside, the sun is shinning, the birds are singing and yet........
As soon as I left work I called my son Mike told him I loved him and cried. Tried to reach son 2, his phone was off. Drove to third son's job and held him and wept, drove to daughter's job, not there, so I called, it was her day off. Both son 3 and daughter work 5 minutes from me. It's funny that the only child I was able to reach and hold was son 3, the one I didn't give birth to but love just like my own.
I so needed to hold one of my boys. There we stood in the middle of his work place, me sobbing and him holding me and comforting me.
Such a blessing in my life, he is such a blessing. Both son 1 and 2 are out of state.
So dear PT friends please hug your kids, hug your mom, hug your fur animals and say a prayer for Harvey and his family.
Matt you are in God's arms now.

RICHARD
06-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Good advice.

This past weekend a teen was killed on her way to her prom here in L.A....

The car she was driving in overturned on the freeway and six of her friends were also hurt in the accident. So young and with all her life in front of her.

We do have to treat each day as if it is unique, Prayers to the family he left behind.:(

CountryWolf07
06-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Good advice.. I keep that in my mind. My boyfriend doesn't seem to understand and thinks I'm overreacting over it. Guess we both look at life differently!

Medusa
06-01-2009, 08:29 PM
We never know when will be the last time that we see our loved ones so we need to make every moment count. I'm sorry for your friend's loss, Monica. Such a tragedy.

moosmom
06-01-2009, 09:30 PM
What Medusa said.

blue
06-01-2009, 10:54 PM
A daughter and wife without a father and husband, that is tragic. My prayers to all touched by this loss.

Cataholic
06-02-2009, 10:58 AM
How very sad. Prayers for the ones left behind.

lvpets2002
06-02-2009, 11:48 AM
:( Yes Very Sad.. RIP Matt.. Prayers for the family..

phesina
06-02-2009, 04:08 PM
How very, very sad and tragic. My deepest sympathy to Matt's family and all who love him.

Whisk_Luva
06-03-2009, 04:31 PM
I am so sorry Monica... :(

Hugs and positive thoughts going out to all those who loved him.