PDA

View Full Version : Bonanza....

caseysmom
06-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Okay I am couch bound and bored...

I have been getting into the old Bonanza reruns. Anyone else watch it?

Taz_Zoee
06-01-2009, 12:20 PM
I used to watch it when I was little. It was neat to go up to the Ponderosa ranch up near Tahoe. But it's gone now. :(
Those old shows are the best!! :)

caseysmom
06-01-2009, 12:22 PM
I used to watch it when I was little. It was neat to go up to the Ponderosa ranch up near Tahoe. But it's gone now. :(
Those old shows are the best!! :)

I never made it up there, I wish I had.

elizabethann
06-01-2009, 12:27 PM
I love Bonanza! A couple of years ago I went to Nevada and got to see the Ponderosa. It was the coolest!

pomtzu
06-01-2009, 12:38 PM
I always watched it when it was originally on, but haven't watched any reruns. But....now that I've read this thread, the theme song is stuck in my head. :eek: :D

caseysmom
06-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Okay ladies and lets stop dancing around the obvious....four hot guys riding around saving the day!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-01-2009, 01:36 PM
I watched the originals of Bonanza!
My mom had such a crush on Hoss. I can still remember how sad she was when he died. :love:

I think I had a crush on all of them at one time or another. :D

pomtzu
06-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Okay ladies and lets stop dancing around the obvious....four hot guys riding around saving the day!

OK - but Michael Landon is mine - so hands off! :D

happylabs
06-01-2009, 01:41 PM
OK - but Michael Landon is mine - so hands off! :D

Well, he is dead too. :(
Are any of the original cast still alive?

I remember watching the show with my dad when I was a little girl. I have never been into westerns much.

pomtzu
06-01-2009, 01:45 PM

Not in my mind.............:D

happylabs
06-01-2009, 01:48 PM

LOL...you silly. :D

caseysmom
06-01-2009, 01:50 PM

I have dibs on Adam

lizbud
06-01-2009, 04:48 PM
I watched the originals of Bonanza!
My mom had such a crush on Hoss. I can still remember how sad she was when he died. :love:

I think I had a crush on all of them at one time or another. :D

I watched the originals too.:) My all time faves were TV shows, Rawhide
and Wagon Train. Can you say Clint Eastwood :love::love::love:

Medusa
06-01-2009, 05:19 PM
You can have all of them. Hugh O'Brien who played Wyatt Earp is mine! He and the Cisco Kid. (God, am I old.)

pomtzu
06-01-2009, 05:27 PM
(God, am I old.)

Yup :D......join the club.

I couldn't get the Bonanza theme song out of my head, and then I heard another song, and now I can't get rid of that................Stupid Cupid by Connie Francis.

God, am I old. :eek:

Medusa
06-01-2009, 05:34 PM
The theme song that comes to mind for me is from even farther back than Bonanza, the theme from the Mighty Mouse cartoon: "Here I come to save the day!" Sorry, Caseysmom, didn't mean to hijack. It only took one word, Bonanza, to put me in the way back machine.

ETA: I just googled Hugh O'Brien and he married for the first time when he was 83 to a 54 year old. He's 86 now and still looks pretty darned good!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Yup :D......join the club.

I couldn't get the Bonanza theme song out of my head, and then I heard another song, and now I can't get rid of that................Stupid Cupid by Connie Francis.

God, am I old. :eek:

We're not old!!! We're VINTAGE!!!

I loved Wagon Train too. Specially the ones with Ward Bond!!! (and of course Coop)!!! ;):D

RICHARD
06-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Bonanza?

Wussies!;)

F-Troop!:D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Are any of the original cast still alive?

I think Pernel Roberts (Adam) is. I really liked him when he played Trapper John too. :D

kitten645
06-01-2009, 09:38 PM
"Okay ladies and lets stop dancing around the obvious....four hot guys riding around saving the day!"

ROFLMAO! On HORSES to boot! Every little girls fantasy! I thought Micheal was the cute one but he was a bit of a loser too...LOL..sorry Landonites! I thought Adam was the noble one.
I love the old shows. I can watch them again and again. I'm on an Avengers kick at the moment. That was way before my time but I want to be Emma Peel!

Edwina's Secretary
06-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Adam was my favorite!:love::love:

(That was the oldest brother, right?)

caseysmom
06-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Adam was my favorite!:love::love:

(That was the oldest brother, right?)

Back off girlfriend adam is mine!

blue
06-01-2009, 11:44 PM

I cant say I have ever seen a single episode of Bonanza, Ill add it to the list.

caseysmom
06-02-2009, 12:10 AM
I cant say I have ever seen a single episode of Bonanza, Ill add it to the list.

They show it here on tvland quit a bit on weekends.

blue
06-02-2009, 12:13 AM
They show it here on tvland quit a bit on weekends.

Im still on rabbit ears, no TVland.

caseysmom
06-02-2009, 12:17 AM

You may be out of luck unless you rent it.

blue
06-02-2009, 12:22 AM
You may be out of luck unless you rent it.

Ill get it, its on the list. :cool:

caseysmom
06-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Ill get it, its on the list. :cool:

Cool let me know how you like it

Medusa
06-02-2009, 06:42 AM
Funny how your tastes change as you grow older. When the show was popular, I was pretty young, so Little Joe did it for me. As time went on, it was Adam. Now it's Hoss. Pa, just couldn't picture it somehow but he was a good looking man.

pomtzu
06-02-2009, 06:46 AM

Aren't you about ready to run out of t.v. when broadcasting goes digital on the 12th, or doesn't that apply to you folks in no man's land? :eek: :D

Alysser
06-02-2009, 08:15 AM
Hey mom, hope you are feeling better. I'm house-confined at the moment to with some kind of virus, and the wierd thing is I've been watching old shows too! TVland, Nick @ nite, etc. I have always enjoyed older sitcoms and the like. Have never heard of this one but while I have nothing to do I shall check it out. I've been watching mostly Star Trek re-runs :o I'm such a dork but can't get enough of it.

RICHARD
06-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Funny how your tastes change as you grow older. When the show was popular, I was pretty young, so Little Joe did it for me. As time went on, it was Adam. Now it's Hoss. Pa, just couldn't picture it somehow but he was a good looking man.

You just ran throught the whole family!:D

I always liked the 'special guest women' in distress.;)

Medusa
06-02-2009, 10:20 AM
You just ran throught the whole family!:D

I always liked the 'special guest women' in distress.;)

Now I'm at the stage of my life where Hop Sing would do it for me. According to the family, he's a great cook, he keeps a good house and he unobtrusively stays out of the way. The perfect man! ;)

kitten645
06-02-2009, 09:27 PM
"Now I'm at the stage of my life where Hop Sing would do it for me. According to the family, he's a great cook, he keeps a good house and he unobtrusively stays out of the way. The perfect man! "

Literally LMAO! I'm with you sista! bring on the chow!
Claudia

RICHARD
06-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Now I'm at the stage of my life where Hop Sing would do it for me. According to the family, he's a great cook, he keeps a good house and he unobtrusively stays out of the way. The perfect man! ;)

LOL.

Remember, you'll have to help him braid his hair.

Boy, was that a stereotype?

caseysmom
06-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Yeah Hop Sing is funny because the show was way before its times dealing with racial tensions, etc and they have Hop Sing running around with that friggen pony tail.

Yeah I agree I am at the stage where Hop Sing does it for me too:D

The guest women in distress crack me up, out on the Ponderosa that eyeliner and hair was always perfect.

Twisterdog
06-02-2009, 10:27 PM
I remember my mom watching it when I was a kid, but I haven't seen it since.

She also watched a lot of "Have Gun, Will Travel", "Wagontrain" and "Little House on the Prairie". Wonder if she had a secret crush on those cowboys. ;)

Edwina's Secretary
06-03-2009, 12:48 AM

Fine! But only because you are couch bound! I'll take Pa....it is the silver hair and scarf around his neck....