PDA

View Full Version : Uppydate on the babies :)

catnapper
05-31-2009, 05:45 PM
The babies are growing like weeds (only they are cuter than weeds and they
don't kill my sinuses like weeds)

They both have had two adoption applications in on them, and both fell through. I am totally in love with them (yeah yeah, we knew it was gonna happen) but the problem with kittens, is they turn into cats. Kitten take up so much less room than cat! I can't imagine 7 full grown cats running around here. 5 cats and two kittens? Yeah, thats really nice.

Callie and Trixie have a good relationship. I swear she thinks the dog is her mama and Callie thinks she's her baby.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/Callieandherpup.jpg

She also plays with Flutter. Those two are sweet together.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/plyfulkitten.jpg

Freebie photo of Flutter from yesterday :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/SunlitButter.jpg

More Trixie
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/trixieindoorway.jpg

Here she thinks she's a puppy -- she LOVES that dog toy! She's always wrestling it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/kittenpuppy3.jpg

and some photos of my handsome blackie. My heart skips a beat whenever I see his widdle face. You should have seen my downloading hte photos.... I melted every time I saw the next photo of him. :o

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/blackiesunlit3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/blackiesunlit2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/blackiesunlit.jpg

Moesha
05-31-2009, 05:48 PM
Trixie's nose is looking much better in those photos. What cuties they both are.

Medusa
05-31-2009, 06:23 PM
Oh goodness gracious, they're just too adorable! Trixie's nose is looking pretty good now. What faces on those little fuzz nuggets! :love:

phesina
05-31-2009, 06:50 PM
Oh, aren't they just adorable?!

momcat
05-31-2009, 07:54 PM
THOSE TWO ADORABLE SWEETHEARTS KNOCKED ME STRAIGHT OUT OF MY CHAIR AGAIN!!!!

Many scritchies and lovies to the babies and all of your furkids :love: :love:

Laura's Babies
05-31-2009, 07:57 PM
I really think this thread should have had a major cuteness warning. That Trixie is just to darn adoreable...EEEEEEKKKKK! I just wanna snatch her and run!

I think Callie should have her own kitten, how can you split them? They are both going to be broken hearted!!!

Little Blackie, well, I am already in love with blacks and know what great luv bugs they are and he IS ADORABLE!! :love:

sasvermont
05-31-2009, 08:36 PM
Kittens are adorable, as I recall. And when they are little, you think, hey, they will stay this widdle and cute forever..............then one day, they are full grown, grumpy, need vet attention etc. etc. and you have a cat on your hands. The thing to remember is that that same kitten will thrive in another home if it is the right home. I love kittens, but hey, they are all so darn cute!

Your two are adorable to say the least. I could never give them up once they lived with me.

I was able to foster a kitten over night once....... and then forced it on a co-worker before I grew attached.....

I bet you end up keeping them both!
:eek::eek::eek::):D

GILL
06-01-2009, 10:53 AM
I love the pic's. Blacky looks like Lucky when he was younger. Got too love them.

catnapper
06-01-2009, 08:37 PM
I was holding Mystic this morning, and I said to him, "Oh honey, I have no idea why you can't find a home!" and my husband said "he's already got a home" :eek: :eek:

Does that mean I get to keep him? and Cameron's kitty grows more charming every day.

annnnnndddddd.... today Pouncer was sharing --- sharing!!! --- a bowl of food with Mystic. Pouncer doesn't share food with anybody; he growls at the other cat til they back off and leave. He didn't complain, he just shared the bowl of food.

Gosh, I sure stink at fostering :o

catnapper
06-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Trixie's nose is looking much better in those photos. What cuties they both are.

Yup, her nosie is now as white as it should be. It sometimes gets brown from wet food but she's gotten much better at cleaning herself off. And if she can't, Callie happily cleans her off. :rolleyes:

momcat
06-01-2009, 09:12 PM
I was holding Mystic this morning, and I said to him, "Oh honey, I have no idea why you can't find a home!" and my husband said "he's already got a home" :eek: :eek:

Hmm, why am I not surprised? Any chance of keeping Trixie for Cameron?

Anikaca77
06-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Cute photos. I probably would be sucked right into keeping them as well.

Melissa

catmandu
06-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Thats GREAT that Mystic now has a Furrever Home, I had the feeling the first time that I saw that Little Black Cat of the Future that he wasnt going!:love::love:
And I think he would love Trixie as a confidante.:love::love:
They make a Great Couple.
:love::love:

lvpets2002
06-02-2009, 12:22 PM
:love: They are so so Cute.. Yup just knew you would keep them..:D

catnapper
06-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Mysitc has yet another inquiry... I said I could give him up to a great home. Then two seconds later sent another one that said "NNNNNOOOOOOOO!"

Good grief, what the heck am I doing? We're so financially upside down and here I am thinking of adding yet another cat to the house. Really, just how much more food and litter will he take up? Hubby's bound to find a job soon.... can you see me on the street corner with a sign that says "Will work for cat food"?

lvpets2002
06-02-2009, 03:53 PM
:) You know if you tape a pic of these cutie pies to the poster = I will bet you would get a bunch of cat food..:D Oh come on & keep them.. Your right not any more food or litter.. You know they love you & visa versa..

catnapper
06-03-2009, 08:24 AM
I saw the application on Mystic last night. It seems like a nice family, but it also seems as if a young daughter who lives with parents is the adopter. She listed her and her sister as caregivers. What about mom? Who would care for this cat in event of the girls moving out? Will he go with one of the girls?

The other thing that "bothers" me is that they are an hour away. Its kitten season..... why look so far away from home for a kitten? There's bound to be a hundred black kittens between here and there.

Sigh, the person in charge is emailing her back to ask a few questions and then will do a vet check. I don't mind him finding another home.... I just wish it was one I felt 100% confident in. And this one, I DON'T. Even my husband said he doesn't feel comfortable.

jennielynn1970
06-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Don't you get the ultimate say? I would just voice my concerns with "the person" doing the vet checking and let them know and if you're not satisfied, shoot it down.

None of my fosters would go to a home I was not 100% sure of.

catnapper
06-03-2009, 05:40 PM
I told her a couple times that my answer was "NNNNOOOOOOOOOO" but I think she went ahead and continued the conversation. I REALLY want to keep him, but I know right now is NOT a good time to add another cat.

Here's the conversation with Cameron this morning, as we were driving home from dropping Mikey off at the vet... he was still not convinced a neuter was a good thing because he wanted Mikey kittens:
Cameron: I want a kitten!
Me: But you have a lot of kitties at home
Cameron: No I don't
Me: What about Pouncer?
Cam: Nope
Me: Allen or Harry?
Cam: Nooooo
Me: Abby or Flutter?
Cam: No!
Me: What about Mystic?
Cam? Noooo... He's grandmom's kitty!
Me: How about Trixie?
Cam: Nnnn..... YES! She's my kitty!

How can I argue with the brilliance of my grandson? ;)

Husky_mom
06-04-2009, 10:40 AM

Gosh, I sure stink at fostering :o

I think so too.... (the first part)... and for the last sentence... I think itīs the complete opposite... you did great!!

those baby faces are adorable.. who can resist?...

and Cameron is such a smarty pants.... you go tell Grandma kiddo!!