PDA

View Full Version : Susan Boyles Finale' Performance is here!!!

Laura's Babies
05-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Her first perfoormance at the auditions made me cry... this one made me bawl!!! She NAILED it!!

http://www.susan-boyle.com/video/SUSAN-SINGS-I-DREAMED-A-DREAM-B

Edwina's Secretary
05-30-2009, 05:50 PM
this one made me bawl!!!

Me too. And now my makeup is a mess.

Well worth it.

pomtzu
05-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Her first perfoormance at the auditions made me cry... this one made me bawl!!! She NAILED it!!

http://www.susan-boyle.com/video/SUSAN-SINGS-I-DREAMED-A-DREAM-B

That poor gal has been so stressed out lately. Between the pressure of the actual competition, and the press hounding her, I believe it all caught up with her.

A big WOW - she just gets better and better.

RICHARD
05-30-2009, 06:06 PM
I have a complaint about this program she was on.

First of all, It take HUGE ONES to perform in front of a live audience. Sing?
Even more stress.

This gal can sing. Yet, she was panned about her last performance! The media say she was off key. To my 'untrained' ear anyone who can belt out a tune like that is amazing.

I don't know notes, music or how to sing.
I certainly don't have the talent to make a show like that.
I don't know an aria from Aida or how to tell a Tony Soprano from a Mezzo- Soprano-but to make it that far and wow that many people she already has won.

The group that did win will be forgotten pretty soon.

No one will forget this woman and her amazing voice.:)

pomtzu
05-30-2009, 06:12 PM
OMG - she didn't win???? Did you read the comments - she didn't win!!!!! I can't believe it. :confused::confused::confused:

Laura's Babies
05-30-2009, 06:16 PM
You got that right Richard. A dance act will fizzle fast but Susan and how she effected the whole world will NOT! She will go on to bigger and better things and be able to pick and choose what she wants.

pomtzu
05-30-2009, 06:31 PM
You got that right Richard. A dance act will fizzle fast but Susan and how she effected the whole world will NOT! She will go on to bigger and better things and be able to pick and choose what she wants.

Laura - when you posted "she nailed it" - I thought she had won. I didn't even realize she hadn't tlll I went back and watched it a second time, and read the comments, that I saw she hadn't. I'm still in shock! But you're right - now she is free to choose. Maybe she'll come to the U.S. - maybe she'll tour. Wouldn't that be wonderful? :)

aTailOf2Kitties
05-30-2009, 06:50 PM
y'all are gonna hate me for even bringing this up, but..... has she sang any other songs that sounded good? Everyone agrees that she kicked total booty the first time around with the dream song but everything I've heard from her since (including 2 other songs) didn't exactly impress me. This finale performance was good but to me it did lack a little something I can't put my finger on. You can teach just about anyone to sing one song well but to me true "talent" is only expressed through variety. That being said I think she could do well, but she will have to choose her songs very carefully to be sucessful. And when her 15 minutes of fame look to be coming to an end, she should just hang it up and move on.

Laura's Babies
05-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Opps pomtzu, I meant she nailed it as in she sang it perfectly.. What was lacking was the natural emotion she had in it the first time she sang it. She looked like she had been told how to perform it and didn't let it come naturally like she did the first time.

She also showed everybody who tried to rattle her that she would go ON and she can go home with her head held high! I read on the internet that the Queen has requested she perform for her and that was her dream... Geez, wanna talk about nervous?....

Medusa
05-31-2009, 07:06 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I recall her as saying that her dream was to sing before an audience and she most certainly has done that. She's a winner whether or not she took first place in the competition and she fulfilled her dream as well. For someone who has led as sheltered a life as she has, she's done remarkably well. Her story is one of which dreams truly are made. :)

pomtzu
05-31-2009, 07:58 AM
y'all are gonna hate me for even bringing this up, but..... has she sang any other songs that sounded good? Everyone agrees that she kicked total booty the first time around with the dream song but everything I've heard from her since (including 2 other songs) didn't exactly impress me. This finale performance was good but to me it did lack a little something I can't put my finger on. You can teach just about anyone to sing one song well but to me true "talent" is only expressed through variety. That being said I think she could do well, but she will have to choose her songs very carefully to be sucessful. And when her 15 minutes of fame look to be coming to an end, she should just hang it up and move on.

I suppose it's just all in the ears of the beholder. There are performers that I don't care for, yet others absolutely rave about them. Not everybody likes the same thing. How dull would that be??? :eek::D

Laura's Babies
05-31-2009, 09:51 AM
Here is them announcing the top 3 winners and she looked real dissapointed (to me) that she was in the top 3. When announcing the winner and that
l-o-n-g pause, she mouthed something.. it looked like she was mouthing Diversity.... and the look of relief on her face when it was announced and the big smile afterwards. She was SO gracious! What a Lady! She IS a winner and this is just the beginnning for her, she can write her own ticket now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMz03DnirQY

Watch Diverstity dance at the end.. WOW!!!

pomtzu
05-31-2009, 10:10 AM
Diversity was a good act, but after watching Dancing With The Stars, I'm convinced most anyone can learn to dance. I don't think what Susan Boyle has can be taught. Either you have a great voice, or you don't.

I still think she got robbed. :(

Whisk_Luva
05-31-2009, 10:37 AM
Diversity deserved to win.... believe me, not everyone can learn to dance (I took dance classes for a year or two and still suck at it!!). Also I feel diversity are nicer people- it appears they are more down to earth than Susan. And I doubt they will be forgotten, I mean, diversity are perfect at what they do, and George Sampson (last years winner) was also a dancer, and no-one has forgotten him.

As many people have said to me, would Susan still be so amazing if she was young and pretty? I mean, if a young and pretty person went on and sung like that, I doubt she would have got as far as Susan.

Also, Susan deffo had some attitude problems. She told the police 'yes she has an f***ing problem' when asked if there was a problem (I mean the police were only trying to help), and she shouted 'F*** off' and stormed out the building when another singer got good praise from Piers (she was watching it at a bar in a hotel or something). Yes, some say it's pressure and it's out of character, but do you see the other contestants reacting like that?

So yes, I believe that the right people won.. Susan was ok, the first and last performances were good (I didn't think the second was though), but in my opinion she didn't reach the standard of diversity.

K9soul
05-31-2009, 12:30 PM
I enjoyed Susan's first performance more than the final personally. She seemed more confident and into her song. This time around she seemed a bit more .. hesitant. She looked exhausted and pale, and for some reason I just got a feeling from her that she was already resigned to not winning. These were my impressions when I watched it before I knew the final results.

As for her personality issues, interviews with her friends back home said she is known to have a temper and that when she is angry she will give you the rough side of her tongue, so I don't think it was shockingly out of character for her as some suggest. I love her performances and want to hear more from her, but I do not believe she was 'robbed' personally, based on all three performances for the show.

Julian Smith was my personal favorite act. Every one of his performances were flawless and so full of heart and soul. I'm so happy for him he ended up in the top three.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEDjl2CymPs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE5PrXryTg8

The boy, Shaheen, has a truly astounding and amazing voice. I loved hearing him.

Stavros Flatly was hilarious, their performance had me rolling. The father and son are so touchingly close. I know they do not do anything extremely amazing or astounding, but like Simon said, they just make you laugh and feel good. Their whole relationship and act.

A lot of talented and top notch acts. I hope I get to hear more of some of my favorites.

Laura's Babies
05-31-2009, 03:30 PM
I LOVED Julian too! He is also on the internet as Joolz Gianni.. I think he was to good for that show and he and everybody else knew it.

Here he is as Joolz Gianni and there is more of his music there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y30usnM6mMM

K9soul
05-31-2009, 04:15 PM
I LOVED Julian too! He is also on the internet as Joolz Gianni.. I think he was to good for that show and he and everybody else knew it.

Here he is as Joolz Gianni and there is more of his music there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y30usnM6mMM

I saw some of that when I was browsing Youtube. I do hope he has success breaking into mainstream stardom now which I think is his big dream. He's certainly got the talent for it.