PDA

View Full Version : Calling the Catmobile: next Saturday is the Belmont Stakes!!!!!

phesina
05-30-2009, 12:55 PM
The third event of horse racing's Triple Crown is next Saturday, June 6!

Will the Catmobile be available for the trip to Belmont Park in Elmont, New York?

After sharing in the glory of both the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness, my kitties sure hope so! (And so do the horsies, we hear!)

Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, Bob, and Sparkler (especially Sparkler) are already ready to go! They so much want to spend another exciting, joyful day with all their other kitty friends AND their new horsie friends!

P.S., sad news: Preakness winner Rachel Alexandra will NOT be running in the Belmont. Her owners decided that she deserves a well-earned vacation after running so hard and so well and winning four races since March 14. (See http://www.nyra.com/belmont/stories/May292009b.shtml.)

catmandu
05-30-2009, 03:25 PM
The Found Ctas are always up for a PARTEEE!!! and will bring LOTS of TAKE OUT from thier various restaurants and the Michaels Inn Dning Rooms.
They love the Horses and the pastoral setting of the Race Track!!
:):):):):)
They will have LOTS OF FUN with all of thier Pet Angel Friends!!!
:love::love::love::love::love:

Pinot's Mom
05-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Pinot here!

I must take some time from my birthday festivities to respond, as Groucho may be otherwise engaged. As CoPilot I can safely say I can arrange the trip with the driver who can certainly take responsibility for reserving the Catmobile with the Jaguar dealer. The horsies are looking forward to seeing all the kitties again; they'll certainly have a suitable reception planned.

Welcome all kitties! Let's have the third jewel of the Triple Crown party!!

Sign in!:)

momcat
05-30-2009, 11:04 PM
Hi Pinot and all my fellow kitties,

Right now I'm taking care of Meowmie and Soncat, they both are still very sad because Meowmie's mother passed away last Friday, the day before her 88th birthday. I don't know if I can make the trip, they both need me right now.

I will call the local Jaguar dealer about using the Catmobile. I have her cell phone and will try in the morning. Pinot, I'll contact you after I talk to our Jaguar dealer.

Your friend,
Groucho

phesina
05-31-2009, 03:36 PM
Dear Groucho, we are so sorry for Soncat and your Meowmie that Meowmie's mother has passed away. We are glad that you are there with them in their grief.

We all understand, and the horsies will too, if you cannot make it to the Belmont.

Rest in peace, dearest beloved Grandmeowmie.

Love from your friends in Michigan

cassiesmom
05-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Dear Groucho,

Cassie here --- I hope you can join us for the Belmont Stakes! Please give your humans loads of purrs and head bumpies for me. My human said she is thinking and praying for your family.

Purrs,
Cassie Cat (and Elyse)

momcat
06-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Hi again Pinot and fellow kitties,
I did talk to the local Jaguar dealer and she said the Catmobile will be ready Thursday afternoon.

I have to pass on this trip. As much as I would like to join all of you, I need to stay with Meowmie and Soncat until they are back to feeling okay again.

Your friend,
Groucho

Pinot's Mom
06-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Dear Groucho,
I understand your need to be at home. Please accept my (and my Meowmie's) condolences on your family's loss. You need to stay right where you are. If the Catmobile needs to make an emergency trip to your side, with all kitties aboard, I'm sure they'll all be glad to make the trip. You've been a great friend and counselor to all and we appreciate all you do.

:love:Pinot

Pinot's Mom
06-02-2009, 11:54 AM
OK KITTIES - CHECK IN TIME!

We're very sorry we'll be without Groucho this trip, but we need to see who's going to make it to the Belmont!! We'll be on the road soon and the party will be in Elmont, NY! The horsies are looking forward to seeing their friends again - Summer Bird, Mine that Bird, Flying Private and Luv Gov are all making sure the kitty reception will be up to snuff!! Mine that Bird has a conversation to finish with Cassie, I believe!

Who's up for it??:D

lvpets2002
06-02-2009, 11:58 AM
:love: Ok this bunch is ready & packed to go go.. They are so excited.. Roco for his Darling Pinot.. Taccoa cant wait to see her SweetHeart Elmer.. They will get meowmom to put together some treats for the trip.. They are all singing Oh Boy We Will Party with the Horseeeesss Again..

phesina
06-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Peony, Sydney, Poppy,Elmer, Bob, and Sparkler (especially Sparkler) are all gussied up and rarin' to go!

cassiesmom
06-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Cassie would like to know if Pinot and the guest co-pilot of the Catmobile would mind a quick stop in New Jersey to check in with Groucho and Momcat. And if Groucho and Momcat would object to the visit?! If a visit is not an option, dear Groucho will definitely be with us in spirit!

momcat
06-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Cassie would like to know if Pinot and the guest co-pilot of the Catmobile would mind a quick stop in New Jersey to check in with Groucho and Momcat. And if Groucho and Momcat would object to the visit?! If a visit is not an option, dear Groucho will definitely be with us in spirit!

Hi Cassie, How sweet of you to think of us! We would love to have all of the kitties going on this Catmobile trip come by for a visit. I'll be sure to have plenty of shrimp, fried chicken, and crab legs for everyone. Groucho would love to introduce his fellow kitties to his squirrel and bird pals too.

Pinot, please call Groucho on his cell phone and let him know when you'll be arriving. We're really looking forward to your visit.

Momcat

Pinot's Mom
06-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Hi again!

Spoke to Groucho...It's all set-the Catmobile will hit the road Friday morning, head straight to Elmont, there will be a reception in the stables on Friday evening (where Mine that Bird has assured me all will be up to our usual standards), we'll have breakfast at the Belmont, which is a lovely event, on Saturday morning followed by tours of the Belmont Park. The race will be that evening at about 6:30 - we'll take the Catmobile directly from the race (after congratulating the winner and saying good bye to our horsey hosts) to Groucho's place. We'll spend the evening there, making sure we accomodate all needs we can for Groucho's family; we'll have a prayer breakfast on Sunday in honor of Momcat's Mom, and head home afterwards.

Everyone set?? Let's go! We have a race to watch, and a job to do!!

See you soon!

:love:Pinot

phesina
06-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Wonderful plans for a perfect weekend!

lvpets2002
06-05-2009, 12:55 PM
:love: Well my furr purr clann is all packed & ready ready.. We will all be partying & dancing with each other & the horseess by tonight.. Woo Hoo

Pinot's Mom
06-05-2009, 03:05 PM
report from the road...Catmobile well on the way...all is well...be at Belmont in time for evening festivities...mayhem in progress in Catmobile now, someone hiding Sparkler's hat:rolleyes:...Meowmie reports computer problems so cell phone contact is best...Horsey hosts in final preparation...party time soon!

:love:Pinot the CoPilot:)

momcat
06-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi fellow kitties!
I'm very happy to hear that you're on your way and having a good time. Please say hi to our horsie friends for me? I can't wait for all of you to arrive at my place later on.

Pinot, Meowmie wants me to ask you to call us on her cell phone or mine when you reach the Trenton area. We want to have everything ready when the Catmobile pulls up. Oooo, the crab legs just arrived! :D Can't wait for all of you to get here!

Your friend,
Groucho

momcat
06-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Hi Fellow Meowmies,
Just want to let all of you know that the Catmobile Kitties have arrived in Trenton safe and sound. After snacking on shrimp, fried chicken, crab legs, and various assorted munchies from their trip they're telling Groucho about the race and getting him up to speed on the latest kitty gossip. There's a game of kibble soccer going on in the kitchen and some of our kitties are in talking sports with Soncat. Pinot, Cassie, Peony, and Sparkler are enjoying hearing about Scotland from the Killearn girls.

Everyone is on their best behavior and understand they must all stay inside. Soncat and I are getting non stop purrs and kitty kisses.

All kitties have been told that the computer and my cell phone are available so they can check in at home.

I have to go and see who's in the refrigerator........

phesina
06-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Dear kitties, how were the horsies after the big upset, now that another Bird is the Belmont champ. Was Mine That B. upset that his (half?)-brother Summer B. beat him out?

I wonder if Peony and Sparkler are going to start checking out flights to Scotland now.. Guess I'd better conceal the credit card...

Pinot's Mom
06-08-2009, 08:03 AM
All the kitties should be home now, after their whirlwind weekend! No, there is no sibling rivalry between the Bird horsies, they are very proud of each other according to Pinot. They were glad it stayed in the family! They all had a grand time at the Belmont - the horsies, as always, threw a great reception on Friday, and the Saturday festivities were a blast. The kitties all had a wonderful seafood feast at Groucho's - Pinot wanted to make sure I said thank you to Groucho, Momcat and the rest of the family. They had their Prayer Breakfast Sunday and sped home in time for Pinot to sing me Happy Birthday (with a little help from Dad).

Phesina, I'll let you know if I hear any mumblings about flights to Scotland with Pinot, Peony and Sparkler - you do the same if you hear something, OK? Everybody have a great day!!

Maggie and Pinot-kitty:love::)

lvpets2002
06-08-2009, 12:21 PM
:love: Yes all of the babies are at home now sleeping it all off.. They were plum tukkered out.. They said they all had a blast partying with the horsieess..:D

phesina
06-08-2009, 04:11 PM
All the kitties should be home now, after their whirlwind weekend! No, there is no sibling rivalry between the Bird horsies, they are very proud of each other according to Pinot. They were glad it stayed in the family! They all had a grand time at the Belmont - the horsies, as always, threw a great reception on Friday, and the Saturday festivities were a blast. The kitties all had a wonderful seafood feast at Groucho's - Pinot wanted to make sure I said thank you to Groucho, Momcat and the rest of the family. They had their Prayer Breakfast Sunday and sped home in time for Pinot to sing me Happy Birthday (with a little help from Dad).

Phesina, I'll let you know if I hear any mumblings about flights to Scotland with Pinot, Peony and Sparkler - you do the same if you hear something, OK? Everybody have a great day!!

Maggie and Pinot-kitty:love::)

Well done to the Birdie-Horsies! Good sports, both of them. And well done to all the horsies who participated!

Well, I don't think Peony and Sparkler are checking out flights to Scotland, but I did hear them talking today about researching their clan tartans and taking bagpipe lessons.. uh oh... yikes!!!!!

momcat
06-08-2009, 06:43 PM
The kitties all had a wonderful seafood feast at Groucho's - Pinot wanted to make sure I said thank you to Groucho, Momcat and the rest of the family. They had their Prayer Breakfast Sunday and sped home in time for Pinot to sing me Happy Birthday (with a little help from Dad).

It was a pleasure having all of you come by!!! That was a very exciting kibble soccer game, the score went back and forth and there are some great players on the PT team. All the kitties were extremely well behaved and made sure to spend time with Soncat and me. They laughed and laughed when I told them about how, many years ago, the dog Mom's family had trained their cat to go outside rather than use the litter box. All of you kitties are welcome anytime you're in the Trenton area.

Breakfast was excellent and the Prayer Service was beautiful. They included prayers for my Mom as well as for Corkscrew, Tibby and all their fellow kitties who aren't feeling well. And they did an extraordinary job of cleaning up... even the vacuum!!!

Sorry fellow Meowmies, I couldn't catch any of the latest kitty gossip. But I can say that Groucho has something in mind for later this summer.

I also want to thank all of you for your kind thoughts and prayers for Mom. It meant more to us than words can even begin to express.

Momcat and Soncat