PDA

View Full Version : Protest this afternoon

inlovewithanimals
05-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Ok so today at 1:20-2:00 p.m. the Westboro Baptist "church" Showed up across the street from my school of course the school and local police were notified so anyway this "church" is located out of topeka kansas The whole reason they protested my highschool this afternoon is because we have a GSA , Gay Straight Aliance and theire "church" is against homosexuality , jewdisom , the united states military and also Obama. Some of theire picket sighns said "America is Doomed" "Obama The Beast " "Pray that more soldiers die" and "you will eat your babies" Some of the things on theire sighns were just awfull and disgusting Some to horriable to state. They also use a VERY inapropriate word to reffer to homosexual men and women today the student body as a whole came together and counter-protested the WBC we chanted made sighns The whole community became involved The cars driving by beeped in support of the student body. This became so big that a news station became involved and it was on the 6:00 news! Im glad tht one highschool could become united and make a diffrence. The WBC became so agrivated with the counter-protest they actually left early!

theire website is to horrifying to post. but I will include a link to the news video of the protests. all throughtout the state every where this "church" went.

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/local_news/local_wpri_east_providence_ri_protests_church_pick et_20090529_brt

I would Love to hear your opinions on this.

RICHARD
05-29-2009, 09:29 PM
Morons, one and all.:mad:

aTailOf2Kitties
05-29-2009, 09:35 PM
those people are seriously misguided nut-cases. I heard an interview with one of their spokespeople once and it was the most off-the-wall baloney that it actually made me chuckle at their stupidity. I still snicker when I think about some of the stuff they believe wholeheartedly. She said that US soldiers were being killed overseas because America supported gays and that made God angry. I'm like why wouldn't God just kill the gays directly if they offend him so much? I mean he destroyed Sodom and Gamorrah directly didn't he? He didn't kill Sodomites and Gamorrans traveloing in some other country and hope the home-folks got the message, He nipped it in the bud, LOL.

Seravieve
05-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Morons, one and all.:mad:

My thoughts exactly... :rolleyes:

They're judgmental, inconsiderate, inappropriate, hateful people.. how they get away with calling themselves a 'church' is beyond me. And anyone who falls for it should be committed.

I think its a wonderful thing for schools to have GSA programs. It really helps from ostracizing kids during a time when they need the most support they can get.

blue
05-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Freedom to assemble is a double edge sword aint it, dang that first amendment.

I hope there is a special place in Hell for Fred Phelps and those who continue his preachings without repentance.

Grace
05-29-2009, 11:04 PM
BRAVO to East Providence!!!

Only one thing - they should have pointed Phelps and his followers toward Narragansett Bay :D

Medusa
05-30-2009, 05:49 AM
Oh this is Phelps, eh? I saw a special on HBO about him and his church and I could hardly believe my eyes and ears. There's no reasoning w/these people, none at all. I wonder what caused these church people to be so filled w/hate and intolerance.

RICHARD
05-30-2009, 06:07 AM
BRAVO to East Providence!!!

Only one thing - they should have pointed Phelps and his followers toward Narragansett Bay :D

Ready?

I thought you were talking about Michael Phelps and wanted him to go swim the Naragansett Bay........:eek:
DUH!

Maybe THAT Phelps can't swim!:D

inlovewithanimals
05-30-2009, 07:24 AM
I tottaly agree there was no point in them being there. They are not going to change any of the students minds here. Everyone has a right to live theire life the way they please. and also they say god doesnt like that there are homosexuals but then they say the bibble told them to preach this to everyone but god also wanted everyone to be happy. correct? or maybe i missunderstood that im not exactly sure.

Alysser
05-30-2009, 08:38 AM
My thoughts exactly... :rolleyes:

They're judgmental, inconsiderate, inappropriate, hateful people.. how they get away with calling themselves a 'church' is beyond me. And anyone who falls for it should be committed.

I think its a wonderful thing for schools to have GSA programs. It really helps from ostracizing kids during a time when they need the most support they can get.

Agreed. Some Church, I think they just add the name "church" to the end to make it seem less bad. :rolleyes:

phesina
05-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Is this the same lot who like to show up at funerals of Iraq War veterans and"celebrate", with signs saying things like "your loved one is burning in hell" and "God hates the soldiers"?

What twisted, sick people. Not just morons but evil ones at that.And what pathetic sort of person would be attracted to join this "church"?

Hooray for the students of East Providence High and other community members who organized and participated in the counter-protest!