PDA

View Full Version : Upholstered Chair Soaked, can I save it?

Freedom
05-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Vita has been peeing on a pet bed which was on an upholstered cheair. Just discovered this. The chair is SOAKED. And stinks.

Anyone have any thoughts if it can be saved?

I plan to call some cleaning companies tomorrow, but I am not hopeful.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience? Thanks!

Medusa
05-29-2009, 08:28 PM
My RB Peeka soaked a chair in a back room that I hardly ever used in my old house. I had an upholstery cleaner do a good job on it and it still smelled awful. It was a goner. Sorry. :(

Freedom
05-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks for that, Mary. That is what I suspected.

Anyone else?

moosmom
05-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Years ago my cat Casey had a bad UTI. He soaked my soft-side waterbed. I bought Nature's Miracle, soaked the stain and put a big box fan blowing on it. It got the smell right out!!

Another good product is Nok-Out. Can be bought on-line and at cat shows.

Freedom
05-30-2009, 08:46 AM
Hmm, thanks for that info, Donna! I haven't heard of Nok Out, will search and check it out.

I suspect the problem is going to be the density of the foam in this chair. A soft side water bed most likely the products were able to reach right through to the inside. Not sure how I can do that with this darn thing.

Dear Vita, please STOP!

Jenn&Dean
05-30-2009, 09:09 AM
I had a problem with my kitty peeing in my bed when he was a kitten, I was living in an apartment at this point... With a new kitten... No pee cleaner. I was aware of it immediately and got the stain cleaned out with an upholstery cleaner... No stink...

But then again, I caught the pee soaked bed immediately, because I was in it. Yuck.

Good luck.

bleupurrs
05-30-2009, 09:29 AM
I had a problem with a chair, I just wet the stain with plain water, poured on
baking soda. When it dried with the help of a fan, I vaccumed and repeated a couple of times...No stain and no smell...It's worth a try.

catmandu
05-30-2009, 09:52 AM
I found that soaking it with bleach in a laundry tub, and then using an urine be gone liquid helps a lot. But those things are still bamished to the basement, if theres a lingering reminder.
We wish you luck in your cleaning attempts.:love::love:

mruffruff
06-01-2009, 09:18 AM
I have two upholstered rockers that one of the cats has peed on -repeatedly. After several soakings with Simple Solution, I finally took them outside yesterday. I hosed them down thoughly. Really soaked them until the water ran out of them on the bottom. I scrubbed them with a brush and a cleaning liquid and hosed them down some more. They are still drying in my outside shed.

I had used Simple Solution with success for several months. It's worth a try. Just be sure to use a lot and let it dry before judging.

My chairs are 25 years old so if this doesn't work, it's no big loss. I'll let you know:D

mruffruff
06-15-2009, 10:33 AM
UPDATE!

I finally took the chairs back in the house. They smell fine. It took a lot of water and Simple Solution, but I saved both of them. We had two weeks of off-&-on rain so it took longer than it should have.

I'm glad the neighbors didn't see me on my knees giving them the nose test:D