PDA

View Full Version : They found my baby!!!

kt_luvs_kitties
05-29-2009, 07:44 PM
First off I would like to say thank you all SO SO SO much for the prayers and well wishes. I could never repay you all. NOW, on to the story.

I had to wait six agonizing days to go back in to get my bloodwork and repeat unltrasound done. The baby just was NOT there at 5w5d pregnant. They told me that it should be, and that they believe I have what is called a "blighted ovum" (empty gestational sac) Where the baby begins to develop, but the chromosomes dont match up, and the process ends. They said that it was probable, and that I would either naturally miscarry, or have to take a pill to make it happen... I was completely devastated, and felt like I had nothing to live for ( I know I have friends, family, and pets, but inside I was just empty and distraught)...

I went to the doctor, shaking and crying the whole way. I entered the office, and felt like my whole world was about to crash down on me. Losing my kitties and then my baby, thats just too much for me to handle...

After the LONG 45 minute wait, I was called to the counseling room to talk about what was likely, and to not get my hopes up, but not too far down either. Then, after 15 minutes of torture, I was taken to the ultrasound room. I have never HATED a room so much in my life. The dim lights, the machine, made me beyond sick.

I derobed and laid down, Praying as hard as I could, when the tech came back in too start. I was already sobbing, knowing that what was about to come would crush me. I felt so violated, even though it was what had to be done.

She smiled and said "stay calm, it will be ok", to which I cried even harder:rolleyes:

For one to two minutes (felt like FOREVER) I watched the screen through my tears, I saw no baby, it was empty. CRUSHING> Just then, when I lost all hope, I saw a look on her face. She said "hold on, this may be uncomfortable" and jerked the probe to the left. Just then, I saw a circle, and a flicker. I said " Is that my baby"??? She smiled, patted my leg and said "yes, and a healthy one at that!!!" I bursted out with the happiest tears EVER! I kept asking are you sure? She said " shhh, lets turn on the sound" And then, I heard the bu-bump of a heartbeat ! I cry just thinking about it.

After hugging the tech a million times, the doctor, and EVERY single nurse walking past me, I left with 2 pictures of my baby, and a HUGE :D on my face.

When I got into my car, it was so hot, I went to take off my cross necklace I was wearing. I realized that the cross was missing off of it. I had just been holding onto it while talking with the doctor. I still have the necklace, but I just hope my cross went to someone who needed it that day like I needed a sign from God a week ago. Maybe it was a glimmer of hope for someone else. I sure hope so.

I am the happiest person alive, and Thank you to EVERYONE who prayed for me and my family. I wish I could give you all a HUGE HUG! Katie and baby:D:love:;)

Catty1
05-29-2009, 07:48 PM
YAAAAAAY!!!! KATIE, THAT IS JUST SO GREAT!

Your baby has two guardian fur angels, I have no doubt!

Now you take care of yourself, young lady! :p:):love:

Kfamr
05-29-2009, 07:49 PM
Wow, how incredibly beautiful your story is. :love:

JenBKR
05-29-2009, 07:53 PM
I am in tears reading this - I don't think I responded to the other thread but I have been praying so hard for you. I am so excited to hear that the baby is ok! What a little miracle you have there!

Freedom
05-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Hugs to you, Katie! WOO HOO!!

gemini9961
05-29-2009, 07:58 PM
What great news! I hope you have happy and healthy pregnancy now that you have made it past that trying time.

momcat
05-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Oh Katie,
There's a lump in my throat and tears of joy in my eyes reading your wonderful news!!!!! I can't tell you how happy I am for you and your husband.

The happiest time of my life was when I was pregnant with my son. I wish the same happiness to you :love:

prechrswife
05-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Wow! That is amazing! Congratulations!!!:D

chocolatepuppy
05-29-2009, 08:10 PM
That's great news Katie!!!:)

phesina
05-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Oh, Katie, that's wonderful. I am so happy for you!!!!!

Laura's Babies
05-29-2009, 08:18 PM
THANK GOD!!! I am SO VERY HAPPY for you!!!!

Kater
05-29-2009, 08:19 PM
How absolutely wonderful!!!!!!! :D
I am so happy for you and your hubby!!!!!!! :D:D:D

K9soul
05-29-2009, 08:27 PM
I am so very, very happy for you. Your post brought tears to my own eyes :). What an amazing blessing and a miracle. I will certainly continue to keep you and the little one in my prayers.

Medusa
05-29-2009, 08:33 PM
That's wonderful, Katie. Truly. Take care of yourself and know that prayers are still continuing for you and baby. :)

Scooter's Mom
05-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Katie, I have prayed so hard for this. You and Rickie are so blessed. Take care of yourself and take it easy. (((HUGS))) are headed your way! Happy ones!

sparks19
05-29-2009, 09:10 PM
OH I am so happy for you. I'm in tears reading that.

When I had my first ultrasound I lost my wedding ring (nothing NEARLY as eventful as your discovery :) ) and I looked everywhere for it and I called the clinic to see if they had found it. They called me back a little while later to say they had found my ring in a wad of paper towel in the bathroom of the room I had my U/S I was so grateful

We sent them flowers.

Perhaps a nice thank you card or something for them would be nice :) they really do show miracles dont they :)

Donnaj4962
05-29-2009, 09:28 PM
OH, I AM SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU! What great news! As I was reading your post, it was as if I was there with you in the room, feeling just as you were feeling! Through tears, I gasped when you said you heard the heartbeat!

Celebrate! Dance! What wonderful news!

Daisy and Delilah
05-29-2009, 09:40 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!!!! What a wonderful story. This little one will have a great story to hear all about. I'm so happy for you guys!!!:)

Seravieve
05-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Wow.. that gave me the chills. That's such an awesome thing!! Congrats!!

moosmom
05-29-2009, 09:49 PM
Oh Katie that is WONDERFUL news!!!!

I have a cross I'd like to send you. I have 2 and can't wear them both. Both are special to me, but I also feel you are special and want you to have it. Please PM me with your address and I'll send it right off.

I am so happy for you honey.

DJFyrewolf36
05-30-2009, 12:15 AM
*HUGS* That is so WONDERFUL!!! Prayers that everything is smooth sailing from now on!

carole
05-30-2009, 05:06 AM
Oh Katie sweetheart i am so thrilled for you and your husband, this is one of the best threads i have ever read, i felt so sad for you with all you have been through, and then to read this, is just simply wonderful, now you take real good care of yourself and your precious wee baby won't you? and CONGRATULATIONS.:):love::love::love:

Pam
05-30-2009, 05:25 AM
Katie your post surely brought tears to many eyes this morning. I am soooo happy for you and your hubby. I think the sound of the heartbeat is the most beautiful sound in the world to a mom-to-be and now you even have pictures too! :) We celebrate with you on your good news. Donna, you are a sweetheart to offer to give Katie your cross. Katie, you will have to tell your little one about his/her special "Auntie Donna" and the story behind the cross. He/she has lots and lots of aunties at PT and we are so happy for you all!

anna_66
05-30-2009, 07:18 AM
What a truly wonderful ending! I'm very, very happy for you:D

Alysser
05-30-2009, 08:39 AM
I am so happy for you!! :D What a wonderful surprise!! Congratulations :love:

Cincy'sMom
05-30-2009, 08:45 AM
What an amazing story! Congrats and best wishes!! I hope it is smooth sailing from here!

Pinot's Mom
05-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Katie, that is, as everyone's said, WONDERFUL! Truly a blessing! Cherish this, as I know you will, and keep that feeling of Grace from God forever! I'm very happy for you and your husband!

....and Donna....

Oh Katie that is WONDERFUL news!!!!

I have a cross I'd like to send you. I have 2 and can't wear them both. Both are special to me, but I also feel you are special and want you to have it. Please PM me with your address and I'll send it right off.

I am so happy for you honey.

....what a beautiful gesture.

Maggie:)

pomtzu
05-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Katie - that is such wonderful new to read here this morning. I think I'm probably :Ding almost as much as you were - and probably still are.

I know losing AbiGail and AnnaBelle took a toll on you, but I'll bet that they are together and smiling down on you, and just so happy to see their Meowmie happy again.

Congratulations - and a wish for trouble free months ahead.

Karen
05-30-2009, 11:03 AM
We are so glad to hear your news! Sprout was just hiding, that's all. Prayers will continue for a healthy pregnancy for you, we've been praying for you!

gini
05-30-2009, 11:37 AM
After wiping away my tears after reading your wonderful story, I would like to suggest that you print out exactly what you have written here.

Then I would make it the very first page of your book for your baby.

I am beyond happy for you.

Donna, that is a lovely gesture.

CountryWolf07
05-30-2009, 11:50 AM
How amazing is that! Your post made me teary eyed. :) I'm very happy for you & your hubby!! :)

moosmom
05-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Donna, that is a lovely gesture.

It truly comes from the heart.

krazyaboutkatz
05-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Katie, I'm so happy to hear this wonderful news!!!!:D I'll continue to keep you and your baby in my thoughts and prayers. Now please take care. (((HUGS)))

caseysmom
05-30-2009, 08:46 PM
I am so happy for you you must be thrilled!

3Catcondo
05-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Katie
What great news! I'm so happy for you and your husband. Will be keeping prayers going for a smooth pregnancy from here on out.
:love:
Amy and the furkids

blue
05-30-2009, 09:22 PM
Im not yet a father but Im sure your husband is as happy as you are, both of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

kt_luvs_kitties
05-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Thank you all so much! I could not be more grateful for all the prayers and well wishes.

Donna, that is very kind of you:love:

And yes, I am going to print these pages out and save them back for baby:D

Taz_Zoee
05-31-2009, 03:20 PM
Oh Katie, I'm just catching up after the weekend and saw the sad news of Paxil in dog memorial. Then came here for this wonderful news! I was also laughing through tears while reading your post. This is just the BEST news ever!!! I am so happy for you!! :D :D

cassiesmom
05-31-2009, 07:10 PM
What great news! :love:

Catherinedana
05-31-2009, 08:08 PM
Hooray!!! Your story made me cry to, Katie! I'm so happy for you. And I'm so happy for your baby that this little person will come to someone who loves and wants them sooooo much.

Sending love,
Cathy

ChrisH
06-01-2009, 04:36 AM
Such wonderful news! :D I am so very happy for you. :D

catnapper
06-01-2009, 07:54 AM
I can't imagine how you must have felt. So scary to go through that! But what a simply WONDERFUL ending. Take care fo yourself and that sneaky little peanut for the next few months :)

Cataholic
06-01-2009, 11:30 AM
What an amazing happening!

smokey the elder
06-01-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm so glad for you! I hope the rest of your pregnancy is completely uneventful and you have a healthy baby.

M&M's Mommy
06-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Oh Katie, that's a wonderful story to tell your child one day.. I'm so happy for both of you!!

I knew God hears & answers our prayers. Thank be to God!

lvpets2002
06-01-2009, 03:57 PM
:love: Well I am in tears now.. Of course tears of Joy for you & hubby.. Congrats on the new baby arrival.. Bigg Huggss & your still in my Prayers..

Vermontcat
06-02-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm so happy for you that your baby is ok!:)
You have been through so much lately it is nice to hear this great news.
Now make sure you take it easy and let your husband fuss over you, you have a baby in your belly!:D

Husky_mom
06-03-2009, 11:01 AM
so incredibly happy for you!!!....I know the frustration of thinking that you lost it.. (not that I have.. but tried with no luck...)

best of all to you and your baby!! ((hugs))

MoonandBean
06-03-2009, 12:36 PM
This is really amazing...I am so happy and hopeful for you!!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Awwwwww that is just the best possible news, Katie!!! I al sooooooo happy for you two!!!

ramanth
06-03-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm happy for you Katie. :) :love:

Reachoutrescue
06-07-2009, 09:08 PM
I am just reading this now....as I have been gone for a couple of months due to no internet at home.

Katie...WOW!! Congratulations!! I am so excited for you!! You will be a great mom!! I hope everything keeps going good, and no more scares!!! Good luck and again...Congrats!!

beeniesmom
06-08-2009, 03:53 PM
I just saw this. I've been away the last 10 days or so.
I am so happy for you. Thank God.

moosmom
06-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Katie,

Keep a look out for your cross. I mailed it on Saturday and I think it takes 3 days. May it bring as much comfort to you as it has to me.

With love:love::love:

Donna & fur crew