PDA

View Full Version : Zeke to the dog park

slleipnir
09-27-2002, 03:30 PM
I took Josie and Zeke to the dog park with my friend Caitlin, and her dog Diana..anyway..Zeke was playing with this dog, then he seemed to not want to play anymore, seemed to me the other dog was to rough. So I told him to come, but he doesn't seem to know his name to well yet..or where I'm calling from..not sure. Anyway, the other dog kept pushing him into the fence, and then he knocked him over and started to bite him, and his owner didn't seem to care!! So I ran over to him, and got the other dog away, then took zeke and Jo to a diff part of the park where there wasn't as many dogs. When we were going, the same dog came back, and another dog, and they started to play really rough, zeke had his tail between his legs, and head down..then they rammed into him, and knocked Zeke over and when he got up, they kept doing it! Again, the owners did nothing! I was on the other side of the park trying to get over to him when this little dog kept walking infront of me so I couldn't go fast..I guess she thought I had a treat for her...Urg. I wish ppl would take more responsibilty of their dogs..The dog was a rottie, full grown, the other was just a little bigger then Zeke, but Zeke isn't thar big, and isn't used to a lot of dogs.. I guess I'm over reacting..but I don't want him to get hurt..

primabella
09-27-2002, 05:42 PM
oh my God! that is so irresponsible of the owners! i would be so angry, and would have probably picked a fight with them. i hope zeke is okay. :D

slleipnir
09-27-2002, 06:17 PM
I think the owners overhead me tell me friend that they could atleast take responsibility for their dogs..I might have been rude, but I was kinda mad..Zeke is fine, he's a pretty tough little boy :] When he's bigger he'll be able to fend for himself. I think he'll be big.

Cincy'sMom
09-27-2002, 06:41 PM
It is hard not to be over protective of our dogs, esp. puppies! Chances are they would have been fine, and sometimes dogs just need to work things out for themselves, but still once, the owners saw that you did not like their dog knocking yours over, they should have tried to keep their dog enertained elsewhere. You romoved Zeke from the situation, the least they could have done was prevented it from happening again.
My mom has had a few issues at the dog park. Dazzi out of the blue has gone after a dog for no apparant reason. When she does, they either leave, or Dazzi is put in the time out kennel, away from the other dogs.
Once a male husky had Taggert pinned down and was trying to "hump" him. The kid with the dog did nothing. My mom pulled the Husky off and he tried to snap at her. She swatted him on the butt, and said "no!" The boy then was mad at her for "Hitting" his dog. Personally, I would not consider a light swat "hitting" a dog, and second of all, control your dog and I won't touch it...simple as that.
Glad Zeke is okay!

ramanth
09-30-2002, 08:36 AM
Poor Zeke! I would of reacted the same way.

Sometimes Kia plays a bit too rough and if she makes another dog yelp, I make her come to me and sit still for a time out. Thankfully the other dog owners are understanding and good natured about it. They just shrug and say that their dog is a big baby and that Kia didn't hurt them. That may be the case, but it's still no excuse for her to get out of hand.

People need to be responsible.

Dakota's Mommy
10-02-2002, 09:45 AM
That's really bad! I can't believe that people let their dogs do something like that. If I see my dog starting to be bullyish, which is very rare, I go over and make sure she knows that it is wrong and I won't put up with it. In my opinion, they've got to be raised to know what's acceptable and what's not. Obviously, these people either don't know the difference themselves, or they didn't teach it to their dogs and don't really care if their dogs know it or not!