PDA

View Full Version : Oh man, what to do?

Kfamr
05-29-2009, 02:36 PM
I am in complete love with this dog.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/103/l_588a14c1ae9b4f57b518aae90d3ca2ba.jpg

Her name is Alice, she is full grown. She's had a rough start. Her mom was confiscated and Alice was born at animal services. She spent 9 weeks there until the rescue was finally able to take her. She's had 2 homes now which neither worked out. Her front legs are double jointed so she looks a bit funny. She's almost a year old and full grown.

She's one of Sarah's fosters through the rescue. I've fallen completely in love with this girl and cant understand why someone hasn't just snatched her up and kept her.

I want to so bad, in fact, I cried today because I want to give her a home and show her what real love is. Besides her being a total sweetheart, I'm always one for the underdog. She's been through so much and I just want to help her. Even more than I've told you. She just curls up in your lap and snuggles with you.

My problem is I can't adopt her at my parents house. :( They would never let me bring another dog here, they wont even let me foster anymore. I understand but it just stinks! I kept saying that if she's still up for adoption when I get my own place, I'd take her. Well she got returned again today.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/95/l_ca684edfd13446f6b2ef365e93739412.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/69/l_9fe69cc300d642d6a8f94a50b0fa2398.jpg

Gah!!!! :love:

caseysmom
05-29-2009, 02:49 PM
She is absolutely adorable sounds like you need to seal the deal on your own place!

Karen
05-29-2009, 03:01 PM
She is a beauty, and looks like a complete cuddle bug. I guess she's just another incentive on finding a place of your own, something I know you are already working on. Give her a kiss for me, okay? Any idea on her breed mix? She looks like Dane puppy, but you said she's full grown ...

Husky_mom
05-29-2009, 03:14 PM
I had the same problem... when I moved out I thought now I had free range.. but nope... hubby is just like them.. LOL... eitherway I still have added a few... and plan on at least one more ;)..

she has a very lovely sweet look... I wonder what has made people take her back... it canīt be that bad...

Daisy and Delilah
05-29-2009, 04:40 PM
OMG Kay!! She is so precious. I can see why you love her so much. I just feel like giving her a million kisses myself. I hope you can somehow get to keep her. She will have the best home a girl(or boy) can have.;)

lizbud
05-29-2009, 04:50 PM
I couldn't resist that face. Her eyes just plead her case, she wants
someone to love her.:) I'd probably find a friend to keep her while a
searched for a place.

Kfamr
05-29-2009, 05:51 PM
It's so hard not to love her.

I really wish I could find a friend to take her, but even then, I'm not sure how long it's going to take me to find a home for myself. Even if I were to rent, it'd be hard to find somewhere that would allow 3 or 4 dogs, as well as my future roommate's 2 dogs.

Animalhouse26
05-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Kay just told me she posted about Alice on here,and had to come look.
She is with me again, She has actually gone to 3 homes Since with us.. her next one is her 4th. She has had a rough life. And was Semi Feral when we were able to pull her out of Animal Control! She has come a Long Way! She still doesn't Approach new people very fast. I am sure that it isn't helped because of being in so many homes. :( She is a total lover! LOVES other dogs, Big or small! I have 6 dogs in my house right now.. And 4 are fosters.. *Sigh* Talk about being sucked in! All of them can be out together with No probs.. cept one I just got.. she is DA. But, She is from a Pittie Mom.. Don't know what Dad was. She is a yr old already,so is full grown.

here are some pics from today :)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/a24gigglez/FosterAnimals/Alice/IMG_7094.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/a24gigglez/FosterAnimals/Alice/IMG_7101.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/a24gigglez/FosterAnimals/Alice/IMG_7102.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/a24gigglez/FosterAnimals/Alice/IMG_7103.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/a24gigglez/FosterAnimals/Alice/IMG_7104.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/a24gigglez/FosterAnimals/Alice/IMG_7071.jpg

Animalhouse26
05-29-2009, 05:56 PM
I feel Kay is ment for this dog, and this dog for her! I have been trying to find way to work it out so she could have her, But no luck so far

Kfamr
05-29-2009, 05:59 PM
This dog is going to be the death of me!

I remember when I first met her, she never had a problem with me. Came right up to me. Apparently that's unlike her. I think it's meant to be, I've loved her since I first met her and vice versa.

chocolatepuppy
05-29-2009, 06:40 PM
Alice is a beautiful little girl Kay! I wish you could adopt her. What ever happens, I hope she ends up in a good forever home this time, if not with you.

Shelteez2
05-29-2009, 06:44 PM
She is adorable. Why haven't any of the homes worked out for her? Thats a lot of upheavel in a young dogs life. Poor girl. I hope you can work something out soon.

wolf_Q
05-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Awww she looks so sweet. I wish I had an answer for you. Since having three dogs I no longer even look at dogs for adoption at all, I can't handle any more dogs. :o I know how hard it is to find one you really want though. Good luck, I hope you can figure something out, she's very cute. :)

Animalhouse26
05-29-2009, 08:37 PM
First home.. they Split up, 2nd home she was left outside, jumped the fence, and was in Animal control 3 times, so we took her from there, and last time.. they split up.. :-/ Poor girl doesn't know stability!

Seravieve
05-29-2009, 09:36 PM
She is adorable!! I love the gray.. I can't believe people would adopt her and leave her outside to jump the fence. That's just plain sad. Why even apply for her...

Since having three dogs I no longer even look at dogs for adoption at all, I can't handle any more dogs.

LOL.. I know the feeling. Of course.. when we move.. whenever that may be... we'll be looking for a place with no dog limitations. This 2 dog rule stinks! lol... Plus, I'd like to have chickens someday too, like I did growing up.

Freedom
05-30-2009, 08:44 AM
She is very sweet, and should be adoptable. She needs the right placement, if she is / was semi feral. Should already be a socialized dog living in the home, for her to emulate behavior.

I know how hard it is when you find one you love; how do you think I landed 4? :D I have also had to just stop looking, as I know I can't afford more.

Paws crossed for a blessed future for this wee one, that something good works out for her!

Animalhouse26
05-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Yea, she needs socialization like no ones business. We have been working on with her on stuff here. When she came to me the first time, She never played with toys...She did here. LOL :) She loves toys! She loves other dogs! She just cuddles up to them :)

Kfamr
05-30-2009, 04:38 PM
She is very sweet, and should be adoptable. She needs the right placement, if she is / was semi feral. Should already be a socialized dog living in the home, for her to emulate behavior.

I think this is why I could be perfect for her. Especially since she already seems to have an attachment to me and trust in me. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
05-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Kay, she sure looks like a real sweetheart.:) I hope that you'll be able to find your own place so then you'll be able to adopt her. Good luck.:)

Varga
05-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Oh man. I don't envy your situation :( She sounds perfect for you and she definitely deserves a good reliable home :love:

lizbud
05-30-2009, 06:55 PM
First home.. they Split up, 2nd home she was left outside, jumped the fence, and was in Animal control 3 times, so we took her from there, and last time.. they split up.. :-/ Poor girl doesn't know stability!

What terrible luck, but it's not her fault. Sounds like she has been
meeting the wrong people.:(

luvofallhorses
05-30-2009, 07:24 PM
I have seen her on another forum and I love her too Kay. She's beautiful and I hope she finds her forever home that will give her stability like you. :)

lovedogs
05-31-2009, 01:27 AM
she is adorable. you are correct, you will have a hard time finding a rental place to take 3 dogs. work on making your parents happy...do what ever they want so they will let you keep her....bend over backwards whatever it takes...it will make eeverything better, esp your relationship with your parents. you take great pictures....

Kfamr
06-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Well, she's mine! For two weeks atleast. ;)

Sarah has to go out of town for a family emergency and needed someone to take Alice while she's gone. My parents agree'd to let me take her for two weeks. Hopefully they fall in love. ;)

Anyhow, she will be here soon and I'm sure I'll have lots of photos of our journey together. :)

Daisy and Delilah
06-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Kay, I'm so happy to hear this!!! I have a feeling your parents will fall in love with her too!! I'll keep positive thoughts that the Muttlies will be five in number soon.:)

lizbud
06-05-2009, 04:28 PM
That is great.:D

chocolatepuppy
06-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Yay! I can't wait to see more pics of her! All fingers and paws crossed that she will be yours!:)

caseysmom
06-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Welcome to your new home Alice! You hit the jackpot!

Taz_Zoee
06-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Some how I missed this thread originally. But now I'm super excited and will be checking in regulary over the weekend for news. :D

luvofallhorses
06-05-2009, 08:33 PM
That's awesome Kay! :) Can't wait for the pictures and hope you have a blast together. :D

Animalhouse26
06-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Aww Kay was soo Happy to have her! I knew asking her was hard cause I wasn't sure her parents would allow it. And we don't normally allow the dogs out of the Rescue Fosters.. But we have NO where for anyone to go. LOL Sooo I had to think outside the box. :) And the Director knows Kay, so knew she would be safe :) She wasn't too sure about the Pool,and found a lap to sit in the whole time! :) silly girl! It is weird not having her hopping all over the house right now LOL :)

Alysser
06-06-2009, 01:35 PM
I don't buy it Kay, for one minute that you are only gonna have her for 2 weeks. I just don't buy it. :D She's SO adorable, I love her little squishy face AW :p I'm envious. Hope she finds a good home ;)

Kfamr
06-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Alice hangin out by the pool.

lizbud
06-06-2009, 04:19 PM
She is adorable.:) Hi Alice.:)

krazyaboutkatz
06-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Kay, I'm glad that you're able to puppy sit her for at least 2 weeks. Hopefully everything will work out and your parents will also fall in love with her. She sure is a cutie pie.:)

cassiesmom
06-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Hi, Alice! Enjoy those lap sits!

chocolatepuppy
06-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Alice is precious.:)

wolf_Q
06-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Aww she's adorable! Good luck puppy-sitting. :)

beeniesmom
06-07-2009, 04:57 AM
Oh my Goodness.... What an irresistable face!
Too cute for words. Oh I wish the best for her.