PDA

View Full Version : Mikey's new parents

catnapper
05-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Mikey has someone willing to put in an application for him. They just have to wait til he's neutered next week.

So.... who wants to bet on who it will be? ;)

I'll post the reply later on

catnapper
05-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Just a quick update photo of the boy. Pouncer met him last night.... and he was GRUMPY. He growled, then sniffed Mikey, then growled, and growled some more. No hissing, just growling. And Mikey was terrified of him. Hubby said he doesn't blame the boy for being afraid of Pouncer :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/004-2.jpg

When you see the boys together, its shocking how much their spots are alike. They are clones of each other, except Pouncer is... ahem.... rather "fluffy". Mikey also has larger ears and a more angular face, but stripes and spots-wise, they are clones of each other.

BUT, all day, Pouncer's been planted outside Mikey's door, with both playing footsie under the door.

Laura's Babies
05-28-2009, 08:58 PM
I voted YOU!! He is Pouncer's MiniMe!

Scooter's Mom
05-28-2009, 09:55 PM
I voted you, also!
I can't wait to watch Mikey grow up.

eta: I'd vote for your daughter, but if my memory is right, she is adopting "Cameron's kitty" (the little gray/white one) right?

happylabs
05-28-2009, 11:31 PM
Hmmmmm.....I don't know...you are it! :D

Pouncer is so cute. Love his face. Both pretty boys though. Loved the comment about "mini-me". :love::):love:

krazyaboutkatz
05-29-2009, 12:35 AM
I also voted for you.:) I hope I'm right so we'll get to see much more of Mikey and hear about his antics.:) He sure is Pouncer's mini me.;)

catnapper
05-29-2009, 09:33 AM
hmmmmmm... are you sure its me? Remember, I am totally in love with Mystic! ;)

jennielynn1970
05-29-2009, 09:41 AM
I'd think it was you, but then you said they have to wait for him to be neutered, so I'm guessing it's a PTer, because you want them to go to a good home where you can keep up with him. Which PTer I have no clue, but I'm betting on a PTer! ;)

catmandu
05-29-2009, 09:50 AM
I would say it was your daughter, as you may not want to aggrivate Pouncers condition.
Wha ever may come Mikey will have a great Home!!!
:love::love::love:

lvpets2002
05-29-2009, 09:57 AM
:) I voted of it to be your daughter.. However I would not be suprised if it would be you..:D

Husky_mom
05-29-2009, 10:29 AM
I voted you also...if it´s a PTer... you also qualify as that... haha...

whoever it is... we´ll get to see more of him so YAY!!!

Randi
05-29-2009, 11:00 AM
After all, he's a tabby, so I don't believe you could let him totally go without being able to keep up on what's happening, but then.... perhaps another PTalker. Hope we'll be able to see him grow up. :)

Catty1
05-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Kim, you posted elsewhere that your daughter's current amour hates cats....so I doubt it's her.

Unless she has dumped him...

So - it's gotta be another PTr or you!

GILL
05-29-2009, 11:16 AM
There's always some growling and hissing. As long as it does not come to blows thier fine. Even after a few years there still can be some disagreements. Bailey our resident GRUMP will growl as almost everyone, the only one he has any real problems with is Chessie. It's funny because they are both declaws.

moosmom
05-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Come on now, Kim. It's a no brainer. Everyone KNOWS you are a tabby addict. There isn't a better home for him than with you.

Karen
05-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Remember, she does have two daughters ...

jennielynn1970
05-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah, but I don't think she'd ever give the one daughter a pet. She can hardly take care of Cameron, I can't imagine putting a helpless animal in that one's custody!!

catnapper
05-29-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm sitting here at work chuckling at the guesses. I am laughing so hard that I'm logging in at work for the first time :eek:

Sooooo.... to make matters more interesteing:
1) No way Ashley would get a cat... for far too many reasons.
2) I do have another daughter, who is a pure SWEETHEART. She is mature and responsible and everything one could ask for in a daughter. She sleeps with Mikey every night and is totally in love with the snuggle buddy.
3) I'm jealous of the relationship my daughter has with Mikey but I have been sleeping with a certain black boy and am totally in love with him too. After all, if the light hits him just right, you could say he's a black tabby (just black stripes on black... squint and tilt your head a bit while hopping on one foot and you see it! :D)

Now.... does anybody want to ammend their guess?

Husky_mom
05-29-2009, 05:25 PM
your daughter is keeping him...YAY!!... so in a way.. you are keeping him too hehe...

and as for the black tabby.. think of it as a panther.. you know a black leopard ;)

krazyaboutkatz
05-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Well now I'm confused because in another thread about the kittens, I remember reading that you said that your youngest daughter was going to be adopting the little female kitten that you're fostering. Did she change her mind?:confused:

catnapper
05-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Well now I'm confused because in another thread about the kittens, I remember reading that you said that your youngest daughter was going to be adopting the little female kitten that you're fostering. Did she change her mind?:confused:

Someone changed her mind for her because Trixie HAD an adoption application... then the people decided against it for some stupid reason.

But before the adoption fell through, my daughter decided to wait to see what other fosters we got this summer. It turned out that the only reason she wanted Trixie is because she reminded her of Minette. My daughter wanted another Minette-type-kitty -- one who'd sleep with her and cuddle at night. So I suggested Mikey. One night was all she needed to convince her what an awesome cat he is. And there you have it, my daughter is adopting Mikey! :)

He's getting neutered this week, and Heather can't wait! She says he stinks up her room. LOL.

As for me not adopting him.... Gary was right. Pouncer was my main concern.