PDA

View Full Version : A hello to all

jenluckenbach
09-27-2002, 03:08 PM
Hi,
My name is Jen and I am new here. (actually it has been a few days, but I wasn't smart enough to introduce myself right away:( )
I have 11 cats and 17 mice.
I work as a pet groomer and I have a B.S. in animal science. I also have worked for a vet (short term) and for a no - kill shelter. I enjoy grooming the best. I have done it for 15 years.
I love hearing the stories and seeing the pictures of everyone's babies. I also love learning about those animals that I do not have, like birds.
I tend to ramble so please excuse any long-winded posts I may write.
The best part is that if I would have a great cat related story, I now have people that will not be bored when I tell it. (like my dog - loving friends are);)
Thanks for having me :D
Jen

Barbara
09-27-2002, 03:16 PM
Hi Jen,
nice to meet you here. I am starting with the cat of day every morning for more than a year now, then I nominated Filou (one of my 2 boys) who was cat of the day and I spent a wonderful day looking at all the letters he got (August 8th 2002). Since then, I have written more often and like a lot the opportunity to have people from Chisinau to Sydney with whom I can discuss cat problems -some of my friends here could be annoyed to hear all the stories but here at Cat of the day, we are all crazy, aren't we?;)

Edwina's Secretary
09-27-2002, 03:17 PM
Welcome! I do have to ask....do the cats and mice co-habitate? Or does the fact that the mice outnumber the cats give them the advantage????

Wow...sounds like great fun!!!!

sasvermont
09-27-2002, 03:40 PM
Welcome to pet talk....

We love pictures here, so send em our way!

Enjoy the time here. Many of us do. And so do our pets!http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p512f6c5b351c6466a45119001d527ec1/fd6b1a74.jpg

neko1
09-27-2002, 03:48 PM
Hey there, nice to meet you! What kind of cats do you have? Any specific breeds? Are you originally from Allentown? (just wondering cause I'm originally from Nazareth).
How do you like pet grooming? I have a friend who wants to go into the grooming business.
Well guess we'll be seeing ya around :) love cookie, neko, pumpkin, and tama (oh yeah and michelle)

neko1
09-27-2002, 03:50 PM
hey Sas, LOVE the picture of the ABYS!!!!

margaret
09-27-2002, 03:53 PM
Welcome, Jen! I hope you will enjoy it here at Pet Talk as much as I do! Must be fun being a pet groomer, making animals look even more beautiful or handsome than they already are! :)

Vermontcat
09-27-2002, 04:10 PM
We always love to hear more stories and see more photos of cats, mice, dogs, birds, and pretty much any other critters too! You will fit right in here at Pet Talk!:D

Kirsten
09-27-2002, 04:48 PM
Welcome, Jen! :) It's a great place for pet-addicted people! :D

Kirsten

jenluckenbach
09-27-2002, 08:04 PM
Barbara - I looked up Filou and he is beyound beautiful :cool:

neko1(michelle) - I am originally from Catasauqua, so I have been in this area my whole life
I have 7 various DSH, 3 DLH and a norwegian forest cat. Tha last one came to a local no-kill shelter when his elderly owner died.

Edwina's secretary - The cats just love to watch the mice run around in their aquariums. They try to bat at them through the glass. The mice act as if they do not even see the cats, but the cats go nuts !

to all - I love to tell stories, so I will definitely do that. I can not send pictures yet, But I am working on it. I like to show off my babies as much as the next guy :D :D :D

Felicia's Mom
09-27-2002, 08:44 PM
Hi Jen and welcome to Pet Talk.:D :D

Karen
09-27-2002, 09:08 PM
When I was a little girl, my older brother had white mice for a science fair experiment. "Speedy" was my favorite, he DID run the mazes the fastest, too. My brother is 8 years older than me, so I was maybe 7 or 8, but if I held really still and promised to be very careful, he would let me hold Speedy, I still clearly remember the feel of those teeny teeny pink feet in the palm of my hand! We were careful to keep the mice separate from your German Shepherd, though. They eventually died of old age, such short lives they lead, them micers, but it was great fun having them around!

So the cats think of the mice as entertainment? ;)

Miss Meow
09-27-2002, 11:12 PM
Hi Jen and welcome! Looking forward to pics of your tribe. How did you name all your cats - they have great names, especially Rutherford :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-28-2002, 01:09 AM
http://digilander.libero.it/meowmeowmeow/welcome_cat_2.gif to Pet Talk Jen. I can tell that you're going to love it here. I also can't wait to see pictures of all 11 cats. :D

jenluckenbach
09-28-2002, 06:15 AM
Well, Miss meow, how Rutherford got his name is one of the cuter stories.
I had just lost 2 cats in the same week (old age, I hope, both were 14 years old). Very traumatic, 2 within 5 days of each other, and I was ready to find new loves. I had already picked out 2 names, they were friends of my husband, Ruth and Fern. So we went to the "Kitten Kapers" as one of our local organizations calls their adoption days, and fell head over heals for this blue and white male long-hair. (actually he was BALD-shaved due to mats), but his personality was TOPS. So along with the shyest little orange and white short hair female we went home and became Rutherfod B. Hayes and Miss Fern. (it was that or Ruth and Fernando)
P.S. the "B" stands for "Blooper" because that is what he does, he comes over to you and "bloops" down right in front of you to get his pets.

09-28-2002, 07:07 AM
Welcome here , Jen !!!
Don't worry about being "crazy" !!!! We are ALL crazy here , and we are even proud of it !!!!:D :cool: :cool:

http://digilander.libero.it/meowmeowmeow/gift.gif

Miss Meow
09-28-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
... and became Rutherfod B. Hayes and Miss Fern. (it was that or Ruth and Fernando)
P.S. the "B" stands for "Blooper" because that is what he does, he comes over to you and "bloops" down right in front of you to get his pets.

Gorgeous story! I've never used 'blooper' before, we use 'flop' in our house. Funny how cats create a whole new vocabulary for us. I'm sorry you lost two cats in five days, that must've been heartbreaking.

RockyRoad
09-28-2002, 07:21 PM
Hey, Jen, and I wish you a belated welcome to Pet Talk!! It sound like you have quite the life!!!!!!! I'd love to hear more about your pets! It is funny how you can keep mice and cats in the same house!! Do the cats ever try to eat the mice?? :D

jenluckenbach
09-29-2002, 07:35 AM
Floppsy Lady, Some of my cats would deinitely love to eat my mice, but others can even be trusted to sit on my lap when I hold a mouse.

moosmom
09-29-2002, 08:42 AM
Hi Jen,

Sorry this is late but....

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Tina
09-29-2002, 10:39 AM
Hello and Welcome to Pet Talk!!!!!! I hope you will enjoy your stay here:D

lynnestankard
09-29-2002, 05:13 PM
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcome!.gif Jen

Lovely to have another Cat Lover aboard. Hope you enjoy your time with us - be warned, it's addictive!!!

Lynne - Mum of the Three Musketeers - Bagel, Ketchum and Dan.