PDA

View Full Version : Paxil needs prayers

Glacier
05-27-2009, 10:26 PM
My girl could use prayers, vibes...whatever and everything. Paxil is 14, by my best guess. She's battled and beaten mast cell cancer three times. She voluntarily retired from her lead dog duties this winter. I miss her every time I hook a team up. She's been doing pretty well lately. Bouncy, happy, noisy, full of kisses. Deaf as a post, but otherwise well.

Tonight, I stopped at a friend's to meet their new puppy(adorable). When I got home, I found Paxil in her favorite doghouse, head first, unresponsive to the other dogs' racket. She could not get out of the house on her own. She had vomited and lost control of her bladder. I carried her inside. She can walk, very, very slowly and unsteady, but she can. I don't think she can stand on her own. I think she's had a stroke.

She does not seem to be distressed or in pain. She won't eat, but did drink a bit. She's so quiet and hasn't given me a kiss all evening. She is usually a very talkative girl who will lick anyone's face off given half a chance.

I've left a message for and emailed the mobile vet. I'm not even sure she's in town right now though. If she gets any worse or seems distressed at all, I'll take her to the regular clinic. Paxil is the dog who changed my whole life; I am so not ready for this.

caseysmom
05-27-2009, 10:56 PM
I am so sorry, paxil will be in my thoughts and prayers, let's all light a candle for sweet paxil.

Karen
05-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Paxil will be in our prayers, as will you!

mr.chiwawa
05-27-2009, 11:17 PM
Sending good vibes to Paxil
I will put both her and you into my thoughts and prayers
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Cinder & Smoke
05-28-2009, 12:01 AM
My girl Paxil could use prayers, vibes ... whatever and everything.

I carried her inside. She can walk, very, very slowly and unsteady, but she can.
I don't think she can stand on her own.
I think she's had a stroke.

Paxil is the dog who changed my whole life;
I am so not ready for this.

:(

Hi God ... Purrayer Pups here ...

We're gathurin the Gang down here onna ole Durt Ball fur a huge Purrayer Circle
fur Miz Paxil - who's not feelin so hot tonight.

Iffin it be Thy Will, PaLeeze fix her up so she can enjoy sum "retirement tyme"
affore she getz a new assignment. Momma Glacier just isn't ready to send her off yet.

And kan You russel up sum BIG {{{God'sHugs}}} and send 'em down to
wrap around Momma Glacier --- we'd appreciate that, God.

THANKS fur Lissnin, God.

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Catty1
05-28-2009, 01:03 AM
Prayers for Paxil! I hope she has some good, if much quieter time, left with you.

Gentle {{{hugs}}} to Paxil. :love:

chocolatepuppy
05-28-2009, 04:58 AM
Many prayers for Paxil.

Queen of Poop
05-28-2009, 07:03 AM
Prayers for Miss Paxil. Loads of Prayers. Got everyone else with paws and scales crossed. Paxil you need to get past this, it's not time yet sweetie. You and my Sasha are about the same age (she's a year older), Sasha sends you good thoughts - we old girls need to stick together.

gemini9961
05-28-2009, 07:09 AM
Tamara I am so sorry to hear about dear Paxil. She is in my thoughts and prayers.

jennielynn1970
05-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Keeping Paxil in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the vet can give her something to make her feel better!

cyber-sibes
05-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Sending sibe vibes & saying tears thru my LES for Paxil.

Taz_Zoee
05-28-2009, 09:35 AM
I also couldn't see very well while reading this thread. I will keep Paxil in my thoughts.

Lilith Cherry
05-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Many loving good thoughts for both Tamara and Paxil!

Randi
05-28-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this and I'm sending lots of positive thoughts that the vet can do something to make Paxil feel better soon.

(((hugs)))

Grace
05-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Prayers for Paxil and the rest of the crew - especially Tamara.

lizbud
05-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Awww, poor girl.:( Prayers for Paxil. Age can be so unforgiving.:(
((Hugs)) for you too.

Glacier
05-28-2009, 12:10 PM
She's at our regular vet clinic today. She has limited movement in her back legs. I don't think she moved a muscle all night long. She can't walk or stand on her own. She doesn't seem to be in pain. She hasn't made a sound.

I am not hopeful that she will be coming home again.

Husky_mom
05-28-2009, 12:26 PM
keeping the girl on our thoughts... we ae sure you`ll do the best for her... even in this hard sad times...

please give her a hug from us... let her know she is loved by many....

((hugs)) to you all woooooo

Donnaj4962
05-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Many prayers for Paxil and you. You are so good to all of your babies! (((hugs))) to you and Paxil.

DJFyrewolf36
05-28-2009, 04:46 PM
my prayers are with you and Paxil! *HUGS*

anna_66
05-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Oh Tamara, I'm so sad to hear this:(

I'll be saying prayers and keeping my fingers crossed she can come home soon.
(((HUGS)))

Cinder & Smoke
05-28-2009, 07:06 PM
I am not hopeful that she will be coming home again.

Maybe one last time?

She could leave from Home, surrounded by :love: Family.

Glacier
05-28-2009, 07:35 PM
She's gone....I'll do a memorial post shortly.

sasvermont
05-28-2009, 07:55 PM
RIP sweet Paxil:love::love::love::love::love::love:

Cinder & Smoke
05-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Paxil ...

She's gone .... I'll do a memorial post shortly.

:love: & {{{Hugs}}} to You and Stuart.

Catty1
05-28-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm so sorry, Tamara. :(

{{{{hugs}}}}:love:

wolf_Q
05-28-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear this. :( I know she was a wonderful dog and she meant so much to you. Rest in peace sweet Paxil. :love:

Cinder & Smoke
05-28-2009, 11:18 PM
:love:

Please visit Glacier's Memorial Thread for Paxil

Entitled "Rest well, Paxil"

at:http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=153131 (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=153131)

:love:

Genny
05-29-2009, 12:24 AM
That sounds like what happened to our malamute. I heard her crying one day and went out to check on her and she was under the deck unable to move. We brought her inside and she couldn't even lift her head. We tried feeding her but she wouldn't eat--she drank a little water but that's all. We tried all day nand night to get her to eat, but she wouldn't. She 13 and that's old for a malamute but that still didn't make it ny easier when we had to get her pts. It was maybe ever harder since we had her for so long. We just couldn't let her keep suffering. She was such a good dog and we just couldn't stand seeing her that way.
I am so sorry about your Paxel. What kind is she? I will be saying some prayers for her :love:

lovedogs
05-31-2009, 12:49 AM
sounds like you have given paxil a wonderful life and she appreciates every minute she has left with you. you have done everything you can. my prayers are with you.
karen
captin
bonnie
rachet
cherokee

Genny
05-31-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm so sorry. I didn't see that she had passed until after I posted. I'm going to go and read her memorial thread. I'm so sorry :(