PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tyson's daughter dies after accident in home

Catty1
05-26-2009, 10:09 PM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090526/sports/box_tyson_s_daughter

Mike Tyson's daughter dies after accident in home

44 minutes ago

By The Associated Press

PHOENIX - The four-year-old daughter of boxer Mike Tyson died at a hospital Tuesday, a day after her neck apparently got caught in a treadmill cord at her Phoenix home, police said.

Exodus Tyson was pronounced dead just before noon, police Sgt. Andy Hill said. She had been on life support and police have said their investigation showed her injury on Monday was a "tragic accident."

"There are no words to describe the tragic loss of our beloved Exodus," the family said in a statement. "We ask you now to please respect our need at this very difficult time for privacy to grieve and try to help each other heal."

http://cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/436/49/tysondaughters.0.0.0x0.400x407.jpeg
Tyson in April 2009 with his oldest daughter, Rayna, and his youngest, Exodus

Police said Exodus either slipped or put her head in the loop of a cord hanging under the console. Her seven-year-old brother found her and told their mother. She took Exodus off the cord, called 911 and tried to revive her.

Responding officers and firefighters performed CPR as they took the girl to the hospital.

Former heavyweight champion Tyson was in Las Vegas at the time of the accident and flew Monday to Phoenix, where he was seen entering the hospital.

Tyson spokeswoman Cynthia Schwartz said the family had not arranged a funeral yet and would release a statement later.

-

Associated Press Writer Terry Tang contributed to this report.

Laura's Babies
05-27-2009, 12:18 AM
This is so sad. I heard that on TV today and was stunned.. My heart goes out to them.

blue
05-27-2009, 12:30 AM
I cant imagine the heartbreak for any family that has lost a child, my thoughts and prayers are with the Tyson family tonight.

Medusa
05-27-2009, 05:22 AM
I saw this on the news yesterday while Exodus was still unconscious. How sad.

beeniesmom
05-27-2009, 05:37 AM
So sad. :(