PDA

View Full Version : Jon and Kate, plus 8 and two more?

RICHARD
05-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Did anyone watch the program last night?

I have watched it on and off and found it to be a train wreck, waiting to happen. I thought about all the promotional considerations and dollars they made from the people/companies that would donate to the family.

I always thought that this would end up as some kind of marital hassle or problem

I was always amazed at how she henpecked his arse. She was darn right nasty with him at times.

So what does everyone think?

=================

I suspected that it was a huge money making effort...I wonder if the bro and SIL are/were a little jealous?

Catty1
05-26-2009, 09:57 PM
I only have seen little headlines about Jon and Kate. I don't know their story at all, and am wondering who the h*** they are!

Anyone care to enlighten me? Or were they the 'reality family flavour of the month' unleashed on a gullible public with the hope of money flowing in to them?

RICHARD
05-26-2009, 10:07 PM
I only have seen little headlines about Jon and Kate. I don't know their story at all, and am wondering who the h*** they are!

Anyone care to enlighten me? Or were they the 'reality family flavour of the month' unleashed on a gullible public with the hope of money flowing in to them?

It's a family of 10. the parents, a set of twins and sextuplets.

I grew up in a family of eight, but not anything like THAT. I was curious about how they ran a family. It was obvious after a few viewings. She wears the pants, has a uterus and the 'bits' too!:o:rolleyes::eek:

happylabs
05-26-2009, 11:30 PM
My daughter and I watch the reruns. I have been reading about Jon's affair and all of their marital problems. We watched the season premiere tonight, it was re-broadcast from last night. It seems like Kate gets more uppity and Jon gets more down to earth. I don't think they are going to make it. If I were him I would not be able to tolerate the way she treats him. My ex-husband actually treated me in a similar way. I didn't really see it until he left me for someone else. Then I looked back and saw how bad it was.

Us Magazine had an article and stories in a couple weeks ago. Apparently Jon was seeing someone else. The brother of the girlfriend was interviewed. He said Jon would come and stay with his sister all weekend. Apparently the walls in the home are paper thin and he could hear everything (even though he did not want to) that went on between them.

Also, there was a story on abcnews.com today. A relative of Jon and Kate, a sister or brother or inlaw was interviewed and said the show was a scam and not true to real life.

I guess you can't always believe what you read though. I feel bad for all of those kids!

Medusa
05-27-2009, 05:27 AM
When personal and private moments are aired out in public, I have a problem w/it but that's JMO.

beeniesmom
05-27-2009, 05:41 AM
I've been watching the show for a while now (several seasons) because I'm fascinated with the life they live. I don't think it's fair to formulate an opinion on Kate or of Jon after reading what's in the magazines or seeing a few episodes of the show.

It takes a really strong woman to run that kind of household. I don't agree that she treats her hubby like crap. She has to be that way (firm and bold) to get things done and to be organized. If she wasn't that way, the kids would walk all over the both of them.

He hasn't exactly jumped into the role of being the MAN in the first place so someone has to do it. Not all men want to be the disciplinarian and the leader.

Some men are passive. John seems passive to me.

When a woman is firm, she's a bitch, when a man is firm he is 'determined'. Put yourself in her shoes... 8 kids. No family support system.

You NEED to have a strong man by your side. Not one who acts like one of the kids.

The grandparents aren't involved because of the reality show. And the only way they could afford to live without being on welfare is by doing the show.

As for the affair rumors... I wouldn't be sure if they are true or not. BUT if he did have an affair, there are no excuses, no matter how he is treated.... HE is the WORM for cheating, not her.

Just my opinion.

happylabs
05-27-2009, 05:50 AM
I've been watching the show for a while now (several seasons) because I'm fascinated with the life they live. I don't think it's fair to formulate an opinion on Kate or of Jon after reading what's in the magazines or seeing a few episodes of the show.

As for the affair rumors... I wouldn't be sure if they are true or not. BUT if he did have an affair, there are no excuses, no matter how he is treated.... HE is the WORM for cheating, not her.

Just my opinion.

Yes, but she talks down to him. He does not deserve to be treated that way for any reason. The fame has gone to her head.

The affair thing is not just a rumor. He owned it.

I wouldn't be in her situation. I would never have opted for the fertility thing knowing the chance of having multiples. I believe there is a reason for everything and if she couldn't get pregnant by her own means, maybe she wasn't meant to have more children.

pomtzu
05-27-2009, 06:27 AM
I hate shows like this and refuse to watch them, However from all I've been seeing and hearing about these two in the news lately, it appears to me that she's nothing more than a first class biatch. All I've ever seen her do is nag, nag, nag. She appears to be more concerned with her looks, than she is about her family, and the whole thing boils down to the big bucks. I don't know how Jon put up with her this long.....:confused:

happylabs
05-27-2009, 07:21 AM
I hate shows like this and refuse to watch them, However from all I've been seeing and hearing about these two in the news lately, it appears to me that she's nothing more than a first class biatch. All I've ever seen her do is nag, nag, nag. She appears to be more concerned with her looks, than she is about her family, and the whole thing boils down to the big bucks. I don't know how Jon put up with her this long.....:confused:

Amen! I watched it in the beginning because they seemed to be a genuine couple dealing with the daily ups and downs of having 8 kids. It has just gotten too much like a soap opera now.

beeniesmom
05-27-2009, 07:22 AM
The affair thing is not just a rumor. He owned it.

OH, I didn't know he owned up to it. I saw the premier and he said he didn't cheat on Kate but just put himself in a situation where people may think he could have cheated.

Pam
05-27-2009, 07:29 AM
I am not one to watch "reality TV." In fact I think it is not, in fact, real, at least those programs that I have sampled. For some reason, even unknown to me, :p I began watching this series almost from Day One. I had found Kate to be a very organized person and had a great deal of respect for the way she has handled such a challenge. Over the years I have noticed an increase in the barbs she slings at Jon which, in my opinion, were uncalled for. He does WAY more than most husbands that I know. Yesterday on local TV (their town is about an hour or so outside of Philadelphia) some former co-workers of hers, from the hospital where she used to work, said that she was a perfectionist/tyrant to work with so I guess there is a pattern there.

Honestly, I do think that women (and men) can send their spouse into the arms of someone else by their actions. People who live with put-downs day after day are very vulnerable to a person who makes them feel good. I think that the losers here, as always, are the children. Kate has always said that the only ones who matter are her children. If she believes this, I would hope that she and Jon would seek counseling and try to re-connect with each other. They owe it to their kids who, after all, are at the hub of everything.

aTailOf2Kitties
05-27-2009, 07:29 AM
since watching the show (once or twice) I have now made the life-altering decicion NOT to have 8 kids. I owe it all to Jon and Kate. Thank you TLC, for reminding us that living with 8 children is hard! .....Jon is kinda cute though

pomtzu
05-27-2009, 07:31 AM
OH, I didn't know he owned up to it. I saw the premier and he said he didn't cheat on Kate but just put himself in a situation where people may think he could have cheated.

I saw him in an interview on t.v. yesterday where he admitted to it. Altho I don't condone his actions, I can understand his wanting to get away from Kate's nastiness toward him.

And the only "reality" show I'll watch is Deadliest Catch. I'm addicted to that darn show. Those crabs I don't mind!

Pam
05-27-2009, 07:35 AM
.....Jon is kinda cute though

Yes I agree. :) And all of the kids look like him too!

happylabs
05-27-2009, 07:46 AM
Honestly, I do think that women (and men) can send their spouse into the arms of someone else by their actions. People who live with put-downs day after day are very vulnerable to a person who makes them feel good. I think that the losers here, as always, are the children. Kate has always said that the only ones who matter are her children. If she believes this, I would hope that she and Jon would seek counseling and try to re-connect with each other. They owe it to their kids who, after all, are at the hub of everything.

Yes, she kept saying that on the premier show last night..."all I care about are my kids". They are supposed to be a family. She is supposed to care about her husband too! She is pushing him away and I don't really think she cares!!

Grace
05-27-2009, 07:46 AM
And the only way they could afford to live without being on welfare is by doing the show.

Bingo!! Did either of them stop to think about this BEFORE having 8 children. They remind me of an early edition of octomom.

As for reality shows - how can it be real if there is editing involved?

moosmom
05-27-2009, 07:54 AM
That's why reality shows like that and Wife Swap leave a nasty taste in my mouth. Why anyone would want to air their family's dirty laundry on national tv is beyond me.

It's obvious she not only wears the pants in that family, but has the family "jewels" as well. I wish they'd cancel that show and put something on that's far more entertaining. *YAWN*

beeniesmom
05-27-2009, 08:00 AM
And the only "reality" show I'll watch is Deadliest Catch. I'm addicted to that darn show. Those crabs I don't mind!

Hehehehe! We love that show too. :)

RICHARD
05-27-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm addicted to that darn show. Those crabs I don't mind!

Hmmmmm, So if Jon came home with crabs from his "catch of the day"??:eek:

happylabs
05-27-2009, 10:24 AM

I think she is talking about a different kind of crab. :p :D

RICHARD
05-27-2009, 10:30 AM
i think she is talking about a different kind of crab. :p :d

whaaaaattttttt????? :d

lvpets2002
05-27-2009, 10:50 AM
:cool: Thank you & that would have been my wording as well..

Nomilynn
05-27-2009, 12:13 PM
Where did you see/ read that Jon admitted to the affair? On the premier, he said he did not cheat, but said that he did make bad choices and decisions.

anna_66
05-27-2009, 12:25 PM
I think that the losers here, as always, are the children.
I couldn't agree with that more Pam.

I've watched the show since the beginning and I do think she could be pretty nasty to him, but he let her most of the time and didn't say a word. I think he really should have stood up for himself more.
Also I think he really resents her for him being stuck at home with the kids for the last two years. He said during the show he quit his job so he could stay with the kids while she was out doing book signings and such.
JMO though.

I really hope they can work it out. They owe it to their children to try.

happylabs
05-27-2009, 12:32 PM
Where did you see/ read that Jon admitted to the affair? On the premier, he said he did not cheat, but said that he did make bad choices and decisions.

Bill Clinton didn't cheat either...or have sex with that woman. :D

lvpets2002
05-27-2009, 12:34 PM
:) No what Bill Clinton said is he did not have relationship with that woman.. I dont see that he did = all he got was a BJ & that is not a relationship.. :D
Bill Clinton didn't cheat either...or have sex with that woman. :D

Medusa
05-27-2009, 01:11 PM
:) No what Bill Clinton said is he did not have relationship with that woman.. I dont see that he did = all he got was a BJ & that is not a relationship.. :D

Actually, what he said was that he did not have "sexual relations" w/"that woman".

pomtzu
05-27-2009, 01:13 PM

I think it was on Entertainment Tonight or The Insider where I saw it. He did an interview. I really can't say for sure, since this fiasco has been plastered everywhere on the news lately.

pomtzu
05-27-2009, 01:42 PM

Then I'd say Jon has a problem.....:eek:

Richard - I should have known you'd come back with a quick-witted answer. We're all so fortunate that you're not a dim-wit. :p;):D

moosmom
05-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Crabcakes anyone?????:p

That's our RICHARD for ya!!:D

Medusa
05-27-2009, 02:07 PM
I guess I'm having a blonde moment (I refuse to say "senior" moment) but I don't get the thread title: Jon & Kate plus 8 and two more. Who are the other two?

pomtzu
05-27-2009, 02:24 PM
I guess I'm having a blonde moment (I refuse to say "senior" moment) but I don't get the thread title: Jon & Kate plus 8 and two more. Who are the other two?

Jon's girlfriend and Kate's chauffeur (who she is accused of messing around with.) You mean you didn't hear anything about her alleged affair???

Medusa
05-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Jon's girlfriend and Kate's chauffeur (who she is accused of messing around with.) You mean you didn't hear anything about her alleged affair???

I've never watched the show. I've seen snippets during commercials but that's it.

pomtzu
05-27-2009, 02:38 PM
I've never watched the show. I've seen snippets during commercials but that's it.

I've never watched it either - it's just what I've been hearing on the t.v. news magazines the past week or so.

Medusa
05-27-2009, 02:50 PM
I've never watched it either - it's just what I've been hearing on the t.v. news magazines the past week or so.

Got it. I guess I've been preoccupied w/getting my kitchen completed. We had a power outage this morning and that set it back even farther.

Well, whatever happens, they've got the kids to think of first and foremost. I can't imagine going it alone w/that many kids but then I can't imagine having that many in the first place for myself, that is.

happylabs
05-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Got it. I guess I've been preoccupied w/getting my kitchen completed. We had a power outage this morning and that set it back even farther.

Well, whatever happens, they've got the kids to think of first and foremost. I can't imagine going it alone w/that many kids but then I can't imagine having that many in the first place for myself, that is.

Yes, I agree. Save yourself some time too and don't bother start watching it now either. I am pretty much sick of hearing about them after the last several weeks.

RICHARD
05-27-2009, 03:10 PM
We're all so fortunate that you're not a dim-wit. :p;):D

And you know?

MOst of the time I am!:D

pomtzu
05-27-2009, 03:24 PM
And you know?

MOst of the time I am!:D

I find that hard to believe!!!!!

RICHARD
05-27-2009, 03:44 PM
I find that hard to believe!!!!!

Trust me, It happens more than I want to admit. Of course, That's why some men need a "kate" in their lives!:eek::(:D

Grace
05-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Trust me, It happens more than I want to admit. Of course, That's why some men need a "kate" in their lives!:eek::(:D

Are you accepting applications :D

RICHARD
05-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Are you accepting applications :D

Minus the kids?:eek:

pomtzu
05-27-2009, 03:56 PM

Hmmmm........does it fall in the category of "senior moment"? Be prepared - it can only get worse. :eek::D

Pam
05-28-2009, 07:10 AM
I didn't see the opening program for the current series (I was watching the Phillies game :cool: ) but have seen some clips. I am wondering how on earth these two are going to host any kind of future program with the kids considering their hostility toward each other. :confused: Will there be subsequent programs?

RICHARD
05-28-2009, 07:48 AM
I didn't see the opening program for the current series (I was watching the Phillies game :cool: ) but have seen some clips. I am wondering how on earth these two are going to host any kind of future program with the kids considering their hostility toward each other. :confused: Will there be subsequent programs?

They will probably finish out the series - who knows what kind of contract they have with the producers - I heard someone say that this would probably be the last season.

Subsequent programs? In no particular order....

20/20.
Dr Phil.
Divorce Court.
The Dating Game
Intervention
Who's Wedding Is It?
Bridezillas
COPS.

The kids probably have figured out that Mommy and Daddy aren't seeing eye to eye.......and that is the saddest part.

How can anyone live with so many kids all in the same age range? :eek:

EFF, I had three younger brothers and that drove me nuts!

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/27/arts/television/27tlc.html?_r=1

Pam
05-29-2009, 07:38 AM
I heard someone say on TV yesterday that Kate wants to be living separately by July 16th. How in the world can they film this family if they are separated? Also heard that Jon wants out of the contract with TLC. Stay tuned......

pomtzu
05-29-2009, 07:45 AM
Hmmmm -maybe now we can all look forward to an Octomom Series. :rolleyes::eek:

Medusa
05-29-2009, 08:06 AM
Hmmmm -maybe now we can all look forward to an Octomom Series. :rolleyes::eek:

Oh, it's probably coming. I won't be watching, though.

happylabs
05-29-2009, 08:18 AM
Oh, it's probably coming. I won't be watching, though.

Oh Lord, me either! It sounds more like a freak show to me. :eek:

pomtzu
05-29-2009, 08:44 AM
:eek::eek: God forbid that anyone would have taken that statement seriously...:eek::eek:

Pam
05-29-2009, 08:51 AM
:eek::eek: God forbid that anyone would have taken that statement seriously...:eek::eek:

Ellie, someone beat you to it with that idea. I heard a while ago that a series is under consideration. :eek:

pomtzu
05-29-2009, 09:00 AM
Ellie, someone beat you to it with that idea. I heard a while ago that a series is under consideration. :eek:

Another t.v. train wreck - I can hardly wait. :rolleyes::eek:
My ex was with Amtrak Police for 20 years and I've seen many pics of real train wrecks. I'd probably think they are pretty, compared to what we might be in for if this happens. :(

aTailOf2Kitties
05-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Octomom was angling for a reality show before she even delivered those kids.

CathyBogart
05-29-2009, 09:46 AM
I have always detested the way Kate talked to and treated her husband. I can't blame him for wanting to be with someone who treated him like a human being.

lvpets2002
05-29-2009, 09:51 AM
:) Yes I so agree as well.. I have always thought Kate was a %#@^&*..
I have always detested the way Kate talked to and treated her husband. I can't blame him for wanting to be with someone who treated him like a human being.

RICHARD
05-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Well, It may work out for Jon after all....

If he decides to date he won't have to worry about getting anyone preggers.
Kate has his bits!:D

lvpets2002
05-29-2009, 12:24 PM
:p Ouchy Richard.. Be easy on Jon.. Your right = if I remember right Jon was fixed after they had the 6 babies.. :D

happylabs
05-29-2009, 02:04 PM

She probably has them hanging from her rear view mirror. :D :eek:

lvpets2002
05-29-2009, 02:29 PM
:p Ouchy Ouchy that hurts.. You all are Cracking me up.. LOL :D
She probably has them hanging from her rear view mirror. :D :eek:

RICHARD
05-29-2009, 03:31 PM
I was amazed to see that they pull in 25-50k per episode!

I wonder if that includes the freebies that they get- the promotional considerations, trips and services!

Dude.

Even if they make JUST 25k per episode it works out to a million bucks for the season.

Even a million can't be enough to get the kids to high school.

I would love to see the numbers on what companies, services and other stuff the family has been given.

-----------------

I would like to know what the dynamics are with the BIL and SIL that gave the interviews to the media. I can imagine that there was a little jealousy/animosity about money being generated. I barely found out what Jon did for a living and thought two things.

It's not enough money to raise a huge family-maybe if the kids were spread out a little more.

And

J's job was his 'vacation' from the family.

-----------------------

Did anyone see the special where they gave the G's new home a 'green' makeover? One of the guys that did the "This Old House" program on PBS came in to overhaul the house to make it more energy efficient.

K was a real biatch during the program- Steve Thomas, the DIY guru was his dopey self and was trying to explain what he was doing for the family. She would constantly make snide remarks and put the poor dude down. Thomas can be a 'tool' at times and I am not a huge fan of his, but I wanted him to belt her across the head with a plastic pipe.

The only thing she was worried about was her dopey self and how the workers were cramping her life.

Excuse me?

She works around a camera crew and the others that are shooting the show and she has problems with people working on the outside of the house?

Please!:rolleyes::mad:

Pam
05-29-2009, 04:31 PM
Did anyone see the special where they gave the G's new home a 'green' makeover? One of the guys that did the "This Old House" program on PBS came in to overhaul the house to make it more energy efficient.

K was a real biatch during the program- Steve Thomas, the DIY guru was his dopey self and was trying to explain what he was doing for the family. She would constantly make snide remarks and put the poor dude down. Thomas can be a 'tool' at times and I am not a huge fan of his, but I wanted him to belt her across the head with a plastic pipe.

I saw that one and agree with you, although toward the end I think she struck up a rapport with Steve. As I recall the episode ended with them hugging each other "goodbye." I was thinking that he was probably glad he was going home to HIS wife.....that is, if he is even married. :)

happylabs
05-29-2009, 04:33 PM
I just read on abcnews.com today that the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry is checking to see if they may have violated some child labor laws. The story did not elaborate much on it though.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/Television/story?id=7709371&page=1

pomtzu
05-29-2009, 05:00 PM
I just heard that on the Philly news too. You know what's so strange here - none of this would have come to light and nobody would have said or done anything if the parents hadn't called attention to themselves. Now why, all of a sudden, are people starting to worry about the kids? Why wasn't anyone concerned before??? - they've been on t.v. for how many years now??? It's not like it was hidden or any big secret.
Just more bureaucratic b.s.!

happylabs
05-29-2009, 11:41 PM
I just heard that on the Philly news too. You know what's so strange here - none of this would have come to light and nobody would have said or done anything if the parents hadn't called attention to themselves. Now why, all of a sudden, are people starting to worry about the kids? Why wasn't anyone concerned before??? - they've been on t.v. for how many years now??? It's not like it was hidden or any big secret.

Oh yea...Bureaucractic BS to he max!!!

blue
05-29-2009, 11:46 PM
Never watched it, wont watch it, just dont care.

Medusa
05-30-2009, 05:42 AM

Apparently the family got in the act, in-laws, I believe, saying that the kids were being damaged in some way. Really? Where were you all along? Trying to get your 15 minutes of fame, are ya?

RICHARD
05-30-2009, 06:45 AM
I heard the funniest thing last night.

A talking head came out and made this statement.

"The kids don't/won't see a dime of the money."

Like what are you going to do? Give each of them 10 bucks for the ice cream man? Take them to a toy store and tell them to go nuts?

In a strange way, that woman has to be goofy obsessive about bringing up the kids. But, she has done it at the expense of her marriage. She tries to bend the world to fit her definition of where she wants her kids to grow up, but it's a false hope. She tries too hard to control every situation her kids get into and becomes the insufferable biatch when the world becomes unyielding. The kids are becoming individuals and there is the real test.

My mom had a wonderful saying that translated to something like this- "Your children will do the same for you."

---------------------------

At the moment the family has all of the Hunky Dory/Leave it to Beaver perks that the series, fame and money allow them to have. What happens when the money dries up? I would love to have a crystal ball to see 10 years into the future.

happylabs
05-30-2009, 06:57 AM
I agree Richard. I think it is going to be disastrous when the money ends and I do feel sorry for the kids but not for Kate.

phesina
05-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Never watched it, wont watch it, just dont care.

Same for me.

caseysmom
05-30-2009, 01:41 PM
I got into watching it since I have nothing better to do at the moment. All I have to say is I don't envy them when all those kids are all teenagers!

happylabs
05-30-2009, 03:21 PM
I got into watching it since I have nothing better to do at the moment. All I have to say is I don't envy them when all those kids are all teenagers!

Oh yea. They may not make it out alive! 6 hormonal teenagers at once!?! :eek:

pomtzu
05-31-2009, 06:03 PM
Now it's being called "Jon & Kate Plus 8 - and the State." I just heard on the news that the state of PA is now investigating to see if there has been a violation of the child labor laws.

And the saga continues. Ho-hum

lvpets2002
06-01-2009, 10:18 AM
:) Yup & by the time we get thru hearing all about this it will be called Jon & Kate Plus 8 & the State pluss Hate..
Now it's being called "Jon & Kate Plus 8 - and the State." I just heard on the news that the state of PA is now investigating to see if there has been a violation of the child labor laws.

And the saga continues. Ho-hum

Grace
06-01-2009, 12:44 PM
From the Detroit Free Press -

'Jon & Kate Plus 8' = a waste of time

BY MITCH ALBOM
FREE PRESS COLUMNIST

"Are you keeping up with this Jon and Kate thing?" my colleague asked.

No, I said.

"Everyone's talking about it. It's huge!"

Huge is not the same as important.

"But it's a reality show!"

Particularly true with reality shows.

"You gotta watch! It's unbelievable!"

No. Sadly. It's very believable. Reality TV has now done what we once feared robots would do. It has created its own world, with its own rules, and now is infecting the very society that created it.

Take Jon and Kate Gosselin, a Pennsylvania couple who tried fertility treatments, had twins, tried again, and had sextuplets. They soon become the center of a TV reality show that followed their harried lives. The show, "Jon & Kate Plus 8," is now in its fifth season and is bigger than ever.

"Huge!" as my colleague says.

However, it is huge because the couple is fighting, the husband is suspected of having an affair, the wife is suspected of wanting to have one, and -- gasp! -- who knows? Maybe they'll split up! There's so much tension! Not surprisingly, they are all over the gossip magazine covers.

"This is certainly not what I envisioned I was signing up for," Kate recently lamented during a public appearance in Muskegon. "It amazes me there is an industry that follows you around and writes stories about you."

Exploiting the children

Now, forget for a moment, the sheer audacity of a woman whose family gets paid, reportedly, $75,000 an episode to let cameras follow them around all day, to act surprised that gossip magazines follow her around as well.

What did she think? They were making home movies? The fact that she, her husband and pretty much anyone else on a reality show quickly morphs from "normal" looking people to better-coiffed, better-dressed, better-made-up people tells you they are all for being followed around. It is, in fact, their job to be followed around.

They could always quit, you know.

But they don't. And so I can't really engage in conversation over whether Kate or Jon is the wronged party. Or which is a worse parent. Or whether I feel sorry for all those kids, who sometimes use the words "p-people" to describe paparazzi. (Personally, I would have those children removed from the home; five years in front of TV cameras is, to me, reckless endangerment.)

But I can't give the subject real time, because it's not a real subject. These are not real problems. Signing up for a TV show, then complaining that the cameras are ruining your life is not a real issue. It's like dressing up as Cinderella and then complaining that everyone wants you to try on slippers.

The world of faux reality

Take the case of Susan Boyle, the dowdy volunteer church worker who wowed the judges during auditions of "Britain's Got Talent." She has grown so famous that recent reports had her cursing at photographers who wouldn't leave her alone.

Or Adam Lambert, the eye-shadowed "American Idol" favorite who was upset in the final round and now has his sexuality questioned as the reason he lost.

I may empathize with these people, but I don't feel sorry for them. No one put a gun to their heads. Once you turn your life over to the cameras, you move into a Bizzaro World of attention. You are -- whether you realize it or not -- getting what you wanted.

The same can't be said of laid-off autoworkers, young widowed mothers, abandoned children or unable-to-find-a-job graduates. They live in the real world. And you'll excuse me if that reality renders the reality TV world pathetic.

So color me clueless. But count me out. A penny for your thoughts has turned to dollars for your privacy, but you couldn't give me a million bucks to make my daily life a conversation about publicity vampires like Jon and Kate. They may draw attention like a train wreck. But unlike the train, they brought it upon themselves.

Contact MITCH ALBOM: 313-223-4581 or [email protected]. Catch "The Mitch Albom Show" 5-7 p.m. weekdays on WJR-AM (760).

IRescue452
06-01-2009, 01:03 PM
I've watched it a few times. Personally, I don't support big family reality shows. If you couldn't afford them before a multi-million dollar tv series, you shouldn't have them. I think the children should be seperated into foster homes and the parents neutered. That's just me though.

happylabs
06-01-2009, 01:47 PM
I've watched it a few times. Personally, I don't support big family reality shows. If you couldn't afford them before a multi-million dollar tv series, you shouldn't have them. I think the children should be seperated into foster homes and the parents neutered. That's just me though.

That wouldn't really solve anything by separating the children and placing them into foster homes. That would just traumatize the kids which they really do not deserve. They didn't ask to be put on television before millions of people. I think they should just go back to the simple life. They must have some money socked away in the bank to live on. If not, they have been very foolish.

aTailOf2Kitties
06-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Jon & Kate also have a little-known rich relative who helps them out. They won't starve any time soon.

lvpets2002
06-02-2009, 08:38 AM
:o I could have swore that just this morning on the news they said Kate is already going out with another man.. You know I wonder how the Doctors feel now that did all of that loose flabb surgery on Kate's tummy now.. Yup about a year ago a man & wife doctor team did Kate's flabby tummy (from having 6 babies) surgury for FREE..

RICHARD
06-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Yup about a year ago a man & wife doctor team did Kate's flabby tummy (from having 6 babies) surgury for FREE..

Most of the stuff, vacations, clothes and ? they get is free.

The trip they took to DizzyWorld - was more than likely comped by DL themselves.

They did drive but, they had accomdations for 12, a giant suite, admission to the park and the hats, shirts.....

Dizzy is a GIANT media machine.

If you saw that episode you will see that they went the extra step to shop the brand to the viewers. Any other huge family would have been told, down to the penny, how much they would have to pay for the same 'tour' of the park.

My brother went to DL here in Cah lee fuh nee Ah and admission is 69 dollars per person for adults. He ate at a buffet style BBQ eatery and the tab was 217 dollars for 7 people!:eek:

http://gocalifornia.about.com/cs/disneyland/a/distickets.htm

There is no way to see the whole park in one day, let alone the CA Adventure addition, and even then they sock you for admission to that area.

For the 8 kids and four adults the cost would be 742 dollars just to get in.

I remember going on discount nights for about 25 bucks a ticket.

-------------------------------

The kids are the ones to suffer because you know that when the cameras go away, so will the perks-and those poor kids won't know why.

smokey the elder
06-02-2009, 12:39 PM
TLC used to be a good channel. These "reality" series gag me.

RICHARD
06-02-2009, 02:13 PM
TLC used to be a good channel. These "reality" series gag me.

I can watch the first few, then it's over for me.

I saw a couple of the "18 and counting" then wanted to get neutered.;):D

pomtzu
06-02-2009, 02:18 PM

That one is the worst of the worst. :mad:

Medusa
06-02-2009, 03:21 PM
I was surfing last night and came across J&K+8 and it was all I could do to sit through a few minutes of it. This is what all the raving is about? They've had 5 seasons? Wow.

lvpets2002
06-02-2009, 03:49 PM
:p Now why is there water on my computer screen.. Cause I had just got a drink when I read your post Richard.. Laughing my buttt off again..:D
I can watch the first few, then it's over for me.

dukedogsmom
06-07-2009, 03:15 PM
I don't watch any of those breederific shows. I'm sure it'll make TLC very happy if they get more kids to add to the mix. I remember a long time ago when TLC and Discovery Health actually had great programming. Now, I very rarely even venture to either channel because they're stuck on one topic.

RICHARD
06-07-2009, 04:45 PM
LOL,

Saw a clip on of K doing an interview for a TV show.

It was during a break because the kids were goofing around and the mom was sitting there watching them. One of the olders twins was fidgeting around and asked the mom for a drink of water. The kid isn't acting badly but is starting to whine. The mom tell her to sit tight and the kid tells her, "You are being mean!"

The next clip shows the mom opening up a bottle of water, taking a sip, recapping it and the clip cuts to the little girl telling K that she is mean to take a sip of water in front of her......

Oh MOMMA! That was the first sign of the end of days.

wait until the kids come home from school with some 'words' and the "YOU ARE STUPID!" mantra.

Poor old Kate will stop in her tracks, begin to tremble, then run out of the room so the kids don't see her crying because she failed as a parent.

This is a train wreck that will rival any seen before.

As soon as the kids start to "smell fear" in the parents and start to realize that mom is screaming more and more at daddy, it's all over.:eek:

blue
06-23-2009, 01:29 AM
'Jon & Kate Plus 8' stars say they're divorcing.....

BY ESE ESAN
DETROIT.METROMIX.COM

Updated at 10:20 p.m.

"This is the hardest episode ever," Jon Gosselin’s said as he began the special one-hour episode of TLC’s “Jon & Kate Plus 8.”

"We can’t go back now,” Kate Gosselin said in a separate interview. “We can only go forward.”

Reality stars Jon and Kate, who are parents to a set of twins and sextuplets, dropped an anticipated bombshell during their show Monday night when they announced that they were separating after 10 years of marriage. Divorce papers were filed Monday afternoon in their hometown in Pennsylvania.

“I have to do what’s best for me and my kids,” said Jon who first spoke to his soon-to-be ex wife via cell phone in the episode titled “Houses and Big Changes.” “It’s been so stressful.”

Over the last few months, tabloids have pointed fingers at both Jon and Kate for infidelity, but Kate said during the show that the problems stem back longer than that. "We haven’t really known where we were going, but we’ve been dealing with this for a long time," Kate said.

While some tabloids argued that the Gosselins are victims to the “reality show curse,” where married couples split after having their lives taped (think the Hogans, Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey, and Danny Bonaduce and ex-wife Gretchen), Kate claims, “I believe it’s a chapter that probably would have played out had the world been watching or not.”

The Gosselin kids seemed oblivious to the drama their parents were experiencing as they sported Crooked House T-shirts during part of the show and received playhouses that start at $1,249, according to kidscrookedhouse.com.

Both parents insist that “Jon & Kate” will go on -- with the kids staying at the $1.1 million house and Jon coming and going according to a yet-to-be-determined schedule.

Source (http://www.freep.com/article/20090622/ENT03/90622065/Jon+and+Kate+plus+divorce+papers).

More (http://news.google.com/news?client=opera&rls=en&q=john+and+kate+plus+eight&sourceid=opera&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&ei=cXVASpWxApHQsQO93emQDw&sa=X&oi=news_group&resnum=1&ct=title).

caseysmom
06-23-2009, 01:32 AM
Yeah I watched, I wonder if its a publicity stunt, I don't really think so but it does make me wonder.

Pam
06-23-2009, 05:47 AM
For the first time last night I felt sorry for Kate. I think it has sunk in with her how much this split is going to cost them in terms of the family she had hoped to always have. Her eyes were definitely puffy and she confessed to a crying meltdown the day before. I think she probably realizes her mistakes (she has confessed to being hard on Jon) but it seems that there is no patching things up and no turning back.

Jon seemed to be the one who wants this to happen. I can understand his point of view. He (and Kate) are only 32 years old and they have 8 kids. As they say in the beginning of the show, "it may be a crazy life but it's our life." Can you imagine just how crazy it is? I raised two and that was hard enough. Jon said he wanted this for the good of his children (so they didn't have to witness all of the fighting). He is right. The fighting is no good, but divorce will present many other problems. Raising this group is hard enough with two parents at the wheel let alone one at a time.

I really think these two could benefit from some good counseling. Unfortunately the impression that I got as I watched the show (more from Jon than Kate) is they want this split and that is the way it is going to be. I think counseling has probably never been an option. Therein is part of the problem. :(

The sad part is that the kids will some day watch this and understand and a few of them may blame themselves for splitting up their parents due to the high stress level of just keeping up with them. It was not their fault. It is actually not anyone's "fault" really. It was a huge task to undertake (having and raising 8 children) and it was probably only a matter of time til the stress killed them.

happylabs
06-23-2009, 06:00 AM
I was hoping the BIG announcement was going to be that they were canceling the show. The best thing they could do is cancel the show and get on with a normal life, well, as normal as one could be for them now.

I also raised two kids, and, yes, it was a full time job. My husband left me after 17 years of marriage for an old college girlfriend. His reason for leaving was that he was not happy. He expected me to fix his unhappiness. I tried but he wasn't. My kids were 13 and 11 at the time. I asked my husband to go to counseling to try to work things out. He wanted no part of it. I asked the girlfriend to back off so we could work on our marriage and she declined.

The divorce was tough for me because I still loved the guy. I went through a year of being hurt and healing my heart. Then I went through a year of being hateful towards him which did not help the kids. Finally, I came to my senses and realized that being hateful was eating me up. After that we parented the kids together even though we were not living together or married any longer. It isn't an easy thing. My kids are 22 and 19 now and have come out fairly well.

The reason for my rant on this...I cannot imagine going through this with 8 kids! They could work it out but they need counseling big time.

I'll get off my soap box now. :D

beeniesmom
06-23-2009, 06:51 AM
Jon seemed to be the one who wants this to happen.

I really think these two could benefit from some good counseling. Unfortunately the impression that I got as I watched the show (more from Jon than Kate) is they want this split and that is the way it is going to be. I think counseling has probably never been an option. Therein is part of the problem. :(

The sad part is that the kids will some day watch this and understand and a few of them may blame themselves for splitting up their parents due to the high stress level of just keeping up with them. It was not their fault. It is actually not anyone's "fault" really. It was a huge task to undertake (having and raising 8 children) and it was probably only a matter of time til the stress killed them.

I totally agree with what you said. It's a real pity.
I was really sad watching the episode last night.

It's pretty obvious that Jon initiated the divorce because he is tired of the lime light and being treated as less than a man .... and as I mentioned somwhere in this thread about him being passive.... he admitted being the passive one and letting Kate rule the roost.

They are both to blame.

I don't agree with what Kate said.... about this happening whether they were on the show or not. I don't think it would have happened if they lived out of the lights.... they both would have stayed more in tune with each other.

aTailOf2Kitties
06-23-2009, 07:04 AM
I figured things were starting to get desperate when they had the big "wedding" episode a few months back.

beeniesmom
06-23-2009, 07:04 AM
Random thought.....

I bet Jon will go on and become a porn star...

RICHARD
06-23-2009, 07:10 AM
MY mom and dad had 6, 1 really nasty girl, four boys, each a year apart and a girl 6 years after the last boy. It can be down. My mom was the Terminator, dad was the silent partner.....

My mom did have the mouth, but she was never abusive, the way Kate is to her hubby.

Three things that killed this marriage is the show, her (Kate's) desire to be a perfect mom and her attitude towards Jon.. What she will not admit is that she is a woman who has a 'compulsive disease' -everything is a list that has to be checked off, in order and done in the time frame she sets up.

------------------------------------------

Dude,
I can imagine that in another marriage, some cuckoo/fruity nut cake would have made sure the new playhouse was situated over the shallow grave.

I just heard a radio clip of Jon saying that they were separating...Hmmmmm...
Just because the filed papers does not mean they will divorce.

IT's just a vacation, Jon will come visit his testes, Kate will realize she needs pro help and the show MUST GO ON!;)

Pam
06-23-2009, 07:16 AM
I have an idea for a future show..... an interview with Dr. Phil as the mediator. :) Seriously, I think they need to look at themselves through the eyes of someone else. They are too busy defending their own positions in this. I have concerns with Jon planning a move to New York. I have a feeling he is just going to sort of "drop off the scene" totally - not just the TV scene. I hope not, but I think he has some wild oats he has yet to sow and wants to get away from the husband/dad role for a while.

The playhouse thing was some good insight into their problems. He told her where he wanted to put them and she didn't pay attention to what he was saying until the things actually arrived. :rolleyes: Kate had a good idea about the placement of the playhouses but why did she wait so long to discuss this with Jon. It's about COMMUNICATION or, in their case, lack of it.

P.S. to Richard. They did file divorce papers yesterday. I think this is the real deal.

happylabs
06-23-2009, 07:36 AM
random thought.....

I bet jon will go on and become a porn star...

lol!!!!!

Cataholic
06-23-2009, 08:45 AM
It is difficult for me to feel sympathy towards Kate. There had to be some moments in the last 3 years when she realized that she treats Jon (and the kids, IMO) like 2nd rate citizens. To hear her now, she is just coming to this realization that she might not have been that perfect. Duh. Most of us know when we cross the line...we do it anyhow, but, we know it.

I know she has 8 kids, I am one of 8 kids myself. No, not all at once, of course. But, she ran that house like an obsessed crazy woman. Who in their right mind mops a kitchen floor 6 times a day? Who pulls out a dresser and notices the dust on the baseboard and fires the house cleaner over it? Who puts their sick child on the floor of the laundry room on a towel...so that vomit doesn't get on the bed clothes? If these are the things that are shown on TV, what must go on when no one is looking? I would imagine she has some form of OCD...and he seems more easy going. That would be tough to deal with for each person.

People divorce for many reasons, the kids shouldn't be a reason to do it or not do it. Is it sad? Yes, very. But, life does go on, even in a divorced situation.

kuhio98
06-23-2009, 09:16 AM
If the rumors of Jon apartment hunting in New York are true, I find it very hard to see how he intends to stay that involved in his children's lives.

I've always had compassion for Kate. I figured all her demanding ways came out of fear of things. She has to have things a certain way or she freaks. I really don't think it's because she's mean -- I think she has panic attacks or OCD issues.

Jon is pretty passive. I think she felt she had to step up to the plate and take charge because he didn't want to take that role. Nothing wrong with that, but then don't beat up the person who took charge because you didn't want to.

Jon will never read this, but if I would tell him that if he wants his wife to stop treating him like one of the children, he needs to stop acting like one of them.

joycenalex
06-23-2009, 03:08 PM
.....I've always had compassion for Kate. I figured all her demanding ways came out of fear of things. She has to have things a certain way or she freaks. I really don't think it's because she's mean -- I think she has panic attacks or OCD issues. Jon is pretty passive. I think she felt she had to step up to the plate and take charge because he didn't want to take that roll. Nothing wrong with that, but then don't beat up the person who took charge because you didn't want to.
Jon will never read this, but if I would tell him that if he wants his wife to stop treating him like one of the children, he needs to stop acting like one of them.
there is truth to this.....so let jon have custody and watch how that new girlfriend moves on. as for the porn career....has anyone else seen the promos for the HBO show "Hung"?

caseysmom
06-23-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm not that organized but I admire how organized she is and he definetely looks dopey on the show.

catnapper
06-23-2009, 05:34 PM
I have been waiting for this separation to come! They're local -- only 15 minutes from me. They used to live in a house a few blocks from me (when they first started with the first TLC documentary) We see Jon all over -- he's always in his car just driving around aimlessly (or so it seems.... and who could blame him to do that just to get OUT of that house?!)

Their house is a thousand times more gorgeous in person. The area is simply beautiful! We were googling the aerial view from work yesterday. The address is no longer showing online, but we all knew where to look anyway :p

They go to the local church where a lot of family friends go. A lot of my friends and friend's friends have revealed a lot of what REALLY goes on in the family. Lets just say shecomes off BETTER on TV than she is in real life. :eek: She's actually somewhat polite on TV. In real life, she's more snotty. If you can believe it!

My friend has a child who is friend with all the kids. She refuses to tell me anything, except "Kate does the best she can with the situation". Hmmmmmmmmm.... I'm not quite sure what that means.

You should hear all the conversations going on around here about them. It seems EVERYONE has a different story to tell about what Kate is really like. Nobody in the church likes her. They have soooo many stories about how she acts towards the congregation. I had a little old man in my store a few weeks ago. My chin dropped with what he said. Shocking because of how the old guy worded it, and shocking how snobby she was from day one (I can PM some of the stories - but don't want to post here because of it being second hand, in case of liability and such)

RICHARD
06-23-2009, 05:34 PM
there is truth to this.....so let jon have custody and watch how that new girlfriend moves on. as for the porn career....has anyone else seen the promos for the HBO show "Hung"?

"Hung" is about an interior decorator that likes art and paintings....;)

Pam,

I respect you too much to say that Mark Geragos should be showing up soon!:D

Pam
06-23-2009, 06:12 PM
"
Pam,

I respect you too much to say that Mark Geragos should be showing up soon!:D

LOL! Now there is a weasel whom we haven't heard from lately. :rolleyes::p I wonder what your "girlfriend" Nancy Grace has to say about all of this? She actually makes Kate look meek. :D

lizbud
06-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Wow, I am amazed that so many people actually spend the time
to watch this show.:)

caseysmom
06-23-2009, 06:41 PM
I am couch bound and desperate:D Thats my excuse!

Grace
06-23-2009, 07:25 PM
I am couch bound and desperate:D Thats my excuse!

Not to change the subject away from Jon & Kate, but how is your foot doing these days? How much longer for the cast, and being house bound?

caseysmom
06-23-2009, 07:40 PM
I have an appt on july 6th and hope I will get the cast off and put it in a walking boot at that time, I think that will be on for three weeks.

It sucks! Thanks for asking.

RICHARD
06-23-2009, 07:42 PM
LOL! Now there is a weasel whom we haven't heard from lately. :rolleyes::p I wonder what your "girlfriend" Nancy Grace has to say about all of this? She actually makes Kate look meek. :D

MG was at the Rhianna/Chris Brown debacle.

Nancy will make her nect veins pop out and go on about how 'abusers' always get off scot free....She should blame the women who don't follow thru on a complaint!:mad:

Which show and what constitutes watching?

I surf so fast I swallow water.:D

Edwina's Secretary
06-23-2009, 08:12 PM
First I must admit I have never seen the show. I do not watch so-called "reality" shows. I don't understand the genre.

But these people are so every where you cannot miss the story. Now that the divorce papers are filed stating they have not lived together for two years...

Doesn't that make this NOT reality? All fake? Aren't all these shows fake?

I am so confused....:confused::confused: It reminds me of that Jim Carrey movie where he was living his life on tv.

I have since read the "not lived together for two years" was a misinterpretation of the divorce papers. Still think the whole show is fake.

Catty1
06-23-2009, 10:01 PM
I read it only briefly - but it seems the network has cancelled the show because of the divorce.

It's okay to show the yelling and other crap, but not carry on to see how this solution works for the family? How they manage as parents after the divorce could be REALLY useful to many people.

oh well...

caseysmom
06-23-2009, 10:09 PM
I don't think the show is cancelled it is on hiatus.

RICHARD
06-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Prediction?

The house will go along with all the perks of the show.

That really sucks. The kids will suffer big time for this.

-------------------

Am I the only one grossed out by the pics of kate during her pregnancy?

sammy101
06-24-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't think the show is cancelled it is on hiatus.

As of now, they are just taking a 6 week break to sort things out. Then we will find out what will happen with the show and whatnot?

RICHARD
06-24-2009, 02:32 PM
http://smallbusiness.aol.com/article/_a/crooked-houses-broken-home/20090623151609990001?icid=main|main|dl3|link3|http %3A%2F%2Fsmallbusiness.aol.com%2Farticle%2F_a%2Fcr ooked-houses-broken-home%2F20090623151609990001

I didn't see the episode w/the crooked house but this is the potential benefits of 'donating' services/goods to a TV program.:eek:

happylabs
06-24-2009, 02:44 PM
http://smallbusiness.aol.com/article/_a/crooked-houses-broken-home/20090623151609990001?icid=main|main|dl3|link3|http %3A%2F%2Fsmallbusiness.aol.com%2Farticle%2F_a%2Fcr ooked-houses-broken-home%2F20090623151609990001

I didn't see the episode w/the crooked house but this is the potential benefits of 'donating' services/goods to a TV program.:eek:

That is awesome! I am happy for this small business owner.

Catty1
06-25-2009, 10:07 AM
http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Kate+Plus+sham+last+years+divorce+papers/1731637/story.html

Jon and Kate Plus 8 was a sham for last two years - divorce papers

By Chris Parry, Vancouver SunJune 25, 2009 7:41 AM

Jon and Kate Gosselin attend the Discovery Upfront Presentation NY - Talent Images at the Frederick P. Rose Hall on April 23, 2008 in New York City.

Jon and Kate Gosselin attend the Discovery Upfront Presentation NY - Talent Images at the Frederick P. Rose Hall on April 23, 2008 in New York City.
Photograph by: Thos Robinson, Getty Images

According to divorce papers filed in a Pennsylvania court, Jon and Kate Gosselin have been living apart for two years, despite representing themselves as a model family to TV viewers across North America in their Jon and Kate Plus 8 reality show.

The document confirms that, despite the Gosselins' continual claims that the press was 'harassing them' and making up stories about their problems, the true depth of their broken marriage was being hidden from public view. While Kate was appearing for paid speeches where she would talk about being a 'super mom', and putting her name to ghostwritten books on parenting, her husband was living over the family garage.

The couple denied vehemently that Jon was dating 23-year-old Deanna Hummel, whom he called a friend of the family, only for that to be shown to be true. They also denied they were living apart, which again was false.

When family members alleged the couple had split and were playing a part for TV, the pair again denied the allegation, which have since been shown to be true.

The divorce papers, in which plaintiff Kate call the marriage "irretrievably broken", state the couple have been unable to agree on a distribution of common property and ask the court to adjudicate.

The divorce was filed on the 23rd of June after Jon Gosselin was seen shopping for apartments in Manhattan's glossy Trump Place. Kate, apparently unimpressed that her husband was planning to splash out on an expensive east coast bachelor pad, said she had no choice but to file for divorce to protect herself.

"Over the course of this weekend, Jon's activities have left me no choice but to file legal procedures in order to protect myself and our children," she said in a statement, claiming the filing was "appropriate and necessary."

Jon fired back that we was "hurt" by the move.

"Yesterday, Kate filed for divorce. Our kids are still my No. 1 priority. I love them and want to make sure they stay happy, healthy and safe.

"My job is being the best, most supportive and loving father that I can be to my kids, and not being married to Kate doesn't change that," he said. "This will be a difficult transition for all of us, but Kate and I will work out a schedule that enables our kids to have plenty of quality time with both of us at home in Pennsylvania."

"I am deeply saddened that we are divorcing, and also hurt by the statement Kate made last night about the divorce. I have always done everything I can to protect our family."

Jon claimed the only thing in the divorce papers he agrees with is a desire to settle things amicably, adding, "Of course emotions are running high for both of us right now, but for the sake of our children and our family's privacy, I hope that we can both limit our public comments about the legal proceedings going forward."

Of course, considering how many things Jon Gosselin has claimed were untrue over recent months, only for them to be proven later, perhaps his statement should be taken with a grain of salt.

Meanwhile, producers of the Jon and Kate Plus 8 TV show have denied Gosselin's girlfriend will be involved in the show going forward, despite the claims of an unnamed 'insider' that was parroted by some sections of the media.

A TLC spokesman said Wednesday there were no plans to include Deanna Hummel in the show, adding, “We are in hiatus and all future episodes haven’t even been planned."

TLC will be running clip shows until the new episodes are ready to air, which is expected to be in August.

In recent weeks it has been alleged that Gosselin is actually dating the daughter of Kate's plastic surgeon, and not Hummel.

[email protected]
© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun

RICHARD
06-25-2009, 10:46 AM
Jon was seen at the airport buying a ticket to Argentina, via the Appalachain Trail.

;)

Grace
06-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Jon was seen at the airport buying a ticket to Argentina, via the Appalachain Trail.

;)

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/5.gif

lvpets2002
06-25-2009, 12:39 PM
:) Well I would think he prob needs a vacation after having to put up with Kate all this time.. I mean for at least the last year or two she was always on his case about something.. They never ever agree-ed to anything..

;)

dukedogsmom
06-25-2009, 06:00 PM
This is one spectacular train wreck.

RICHARD
06-25-2009, 06:11 PM
This is one spectacular train wreck.

They still haven't pulled all the bodies from under the wreckage yet.:(:eek: