PDA

View Full Version : Some more of my babies...the Girls!

Glacier
09-27-2002, 01:34 PM
Here's some more of the crew...
This is Kayleigh. She'll be four next month. She's a malamutt. We got her from the Humane Society. She had been starved by her first owner. Food is still an issue for her. She has her own pen as she doesn't share well with the others. She loves to run and play with them, but needs her own space too. She is a powerful puller and all heart. She just won't quit.
http://www.seemesmile.com/photos4/2359713a.jpg

This is Sleet. She's about seven, a semi-retired sled dog. My hubby went for coffee at a friend's place a couple years ago and came home with Sleet. I believe she was always meant to be mine and it just took us awhile to find each other. She lives with Bandit as she quite likes him. Being in the main pen freaks her out. She's not used to having so many dogs so close. She doesn't really play so the young ones can scare her with their wrestling.
http://www.seemesmile.com/photos4/2359719a.jpg

And the last of the girls is Goldie. Goldie is actually a foster dog. She's a malamute-siberian mix. She's an amazing dog who has somehow been overlooked for two years. She's been with us since April. She thinks the younger fosters are her pups and keeps them in line. She is well trained, well mannered and generally delightful! A little timid of men, but getting better. My father-in-law and his fiance are thinking of adopting her:D which works out great for me as I am not sure I could let her go anymore! Goldie is terribly bow legged and does not pull, but enjoys long leisurely walks instead.
http://www.seemesmile.com/photos4/2359737a.jpg

ramanth
09-27-2002, 01:39 PM
*continues with the drooling*

They are gorgeous!

My neighbors had Malamutes.... Tara and Bear. I loved to walk them and listen to them sing. They'd do ANYTHING for a vanilla wafer. :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-27-2002, 01:42 PM
Kayleigh, Goldie, and sleet are so beautiful! You have a gorgeous furfamily. I bet there is never a dull moment around your house :D

Albea
09-27-2002, 01:46 PM
For lack of time, I'll use just one post to tell you WELCOME TO PET TALK and that your dogs are absolute beauties. I love huskies. The University of Connecticut, where I taught for many years, has a husky as its mascot. Thanks for the pictures, keep them coming, please.

Andie
09-27-2002, 01:54 PM
Again I say you have beautiful dogs!

Vermontcat
09-27-2002, 01:55 PM
Your dogs are all so beautiful and they all love to smile for the camera! :D I bet some other pettalkers will agree with me when I say that your dog Sleet reminds me of someone's new puppy named Zeke here on pettalk.:)

mugsy
09-27-2002, 02:02 PM
What pretty poochies!!! Thanks for sharing. They all look very happy.

lovemymaltese
09-27-2002, 02:30 PM
cute cute cute and did i mention cute.

Logan
09-27-2002, 02:41 PM
They really are beauties, Glacier. And I guess they prefer to be outside?? I'm sure they would probably be quite warm if they stayed inside.

I'm just curious about them and you in general!! Nosy me!!! LOL!!!!

It is wonderful to have you and your large family at Pet Talk!!! :D

Glacier
09-27-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Logan
They really are beauties, Glacier. And I guess they prefer to be outside?? I'm sure they would probably be quite warm if they stayed inside.

I'm just curious about them and you in general!! Nosy me!!! LOL!!!!

It is wonderful to have you and your large family at Pet Talk!!! :D

Sleet is a house dog whenever I'm home. She thinks the loveseat is her personal bed! Kayleigh is a cat killer so she's outside most of the time.

What else would you like to know?:)

Cincy'sMom
09-27-2002, 03:42 PM
The girls are gorgeous! I have really developed an interest in malamutes since I started reading Susan Conant books (mysteries w/ malamutes!) My Siter-in-law has a mal mix and he is such a cool dog!

Dixie Belle
09-27-2002, 09:56 PM
Man, you have some beautiful dogs!

shais_mom
09-28-2002, 12:21 AM
Gorgeous!!!!

Amy, I have read those also, I think they ones with Kimi and Rowdy?

Tina
09-28-2002, 10:40 AM
Very beautiful dogs!!

tatsxxx11
09-28-2002, 03:00 PM
What gorgeous, gorgeous girls! My Cody is a Husky/Shep. She thinks your group is stunning!!:)

delidog
09-29-2002, 07:45 PM
wow..they are beautiful!!!!!!
oh. and that dear goldie face!!!!!!
they are all stunning!!!!
we love them...and all your great photos!!!!

anna_66
09-30-2002, 07:56 AM
Gee, have I told you how much I LOVE your dogs! The are all just beautiful! I would love to meet them!

Dakota's Mommy
10-02-2002, 09:55 AM
Those are great pics of Gorgeous dogs! Thanks a lot for sharing!