PDA

View Full Version : Bobby ate a picnic/takeaway fork. *Panic over*

ChrisH
05-26-2009, 05:20 AM
*On the off chance I went back out to check the area where he picked it up and found an identical fork with teeth marks, looks as if he may not have swallowed it after all. :o :o Of course there could have been two of them so I will be keeping a close eye on him in case. Feel such a fool. *

Moesha
05-26-2009, 06:49 AM
Oh dear! He sure has had his share of troubles lately. I hope all goes well and no damage is done before he gets that out.

ChrisH
05-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Thank you so much Moesha. {{hugs}}

Randi
05-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Oh Chris, what a scare, but try not to blame yourself. I hope it turns out that he hasn't swallowed it... after all, it couldn't have been very tasty. ;)

Keep an eye on him in any case! :)

(((hugs)))

kokopup
05-26-2009, 09:34 AM
I can relate to the panic you felt when you thought Bobby ate a fork. i hope that it turns out it was only a scare. When Koko was young and still eating every thing in sight she actually ate a glass Christmas tree ball ornament. We were terrified because it was a holiday and the Vet was closed. We called an Emergency Vet clinic and they told us to give her 4 tablespoons of peroxide. She throw up what looked like ten crushed ornaments. We had to watch her for couple of days to make sure she was ok. Those were some anxious days. Good luck with Bobby.

cassiesmom
05-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Oh, Bob. You've had your share of adventures over the past couple of months. I'm glad you didn't eat a fork! (((HUG)))

ChrisH
05-28-2009, 06:01 AM
Thanks Randi, kokopup and cassiesmom. He seems to be fine so far, no symptoms as I can see, so here's hoping I was right. :)

kokopup, that sounds so scary! All those glass pieces! Glad she was all right in the end.

I did think about giving Bob peroxide to make him vomit but I haven't any in, and when I asked vet Lucy about the shot that does so she advised against it, she thought the fork might cause more damage on the way back up.

captain
05-28-2009, 09:27 PM
So, did he eat a fork .....??? He didn't??
He was just trying to scare you??? :D

Cheeky Bob!!!