PDA

View Full Version : Some more pics..Earle's family

Glacier
09-27-2002, 12:24 PM
I'll try not to post too many dogs in one post--could take awhile to show them all LOL

This is Muskwa. He's almost 5 now, a very alpha male. He thinks the universe is his territory, but he is gentle and patient with submissive dogs. He adores our two young foster dogs and is helping them gain some much needed confidence! He is dad to Earle and Hoodoo (our first and last litter) He runs lead on our sled team and loves to pull.
http://www.seemesmile.com/photos4/2359752a.jpg

This is Hoodoo. He was our first rescue. He was adopted as a pup by former friends. When he stopped being a cute little puppy and started acting like a husky, they left him tied up and alone24/7. So we took him back at nine months. He's a very smart, loving, friendly boy. He likes to pull, but prefers the other dogs do most of the work. He's a husky with the soul of a lap dog:p
http://www.seemesmile.com/photos4/2359716a.jpg

Vermontcat
09-27-2002, 12:34 PM
Yippee! I get to be the first to see these photos and post! You have 2 more beautiful dogs here! Muskwa looks so happy smiling for his photo!:) What does his name mean? I am in love with Hoodoo, just look at those gorgeous odd-eyes! How could anyone not want to keep him! I bet you are never cold in the wintertime with all those dogs around, do they all sleep with you at night?

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-27-2002, 12:38 PM
Great pictures! Hoodoo and Muskwa are both so handsome!!!

Glacier
09-27-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
! Muskwa looks so happy smiling for his photo!:) What does his name mean? II bet you are never cold in the wintertime with all those dogs around, do they all sleep with you at night?

Muskwa means Bear in Cree. He was named by a Cree medicine man who has sinced passed on, but was good friends with my husband. Jonas said that Muskwa had a bear spirit. Until he was 3 months old he had no name. He still answers pretty well to "HEY YOU NO";)

The dogs take turns coming in at night. Muskwa hates our other dominant male, Bandit and they can't be anywhere near each other. So they come in on alternate nights. Sleet & Preacher are inside every night and the rest are welcome to come in if they want to. Hoodoo tends to get very hot so he likes to sleep in the mud room. Kayleigh likes to eat cats, so we have to be very careful with her. It gets a little complicated with this many, but we are definately never cold!

lovemymaltese
09-27-2002, 12:44 PM
aw, I do not think that I have ever seen a happier dog. What a smile! :)

ellensy
09-27-2002, 12:59 PM
Cool dogs!!! more! more! ;)

anna_66
09-27-2002, 01:04 PM
Oh, they are both absolutely beautiful!!!!! More pics please!!!

ramanth
09-27-2002, 01:17 PM
*has died and gone to Husky Heaven* :D

What gorgeous furbabies! :) LOL @ 'Hey You No!' Kia knows that name very well.... but usually it's 'No Kia' so much I feel like I'm an advertiser for the cell phone. *laughs*

Andie
09-27-2002, 01:23 PM
Beautiful dogs!

Tina
09-27-2002, 01:25 PM
Muskwa and Hoodoo are both very handsome!!!!!!!!

lv4dogs
09-27-2002, 01:30 PM
Muskwa looks similar to my husky mix! I love them husky's!! Very adorable pics.

Sam's My Baby
09-27-2002, 01:35 PM
They are both soo beautiful! I love thos pics! Please post more!!:D

mugsy
09-27-2002, 02:04 PM
Awesome pictures....so pretty.

Cincy'sMom
09-27-2002, 03:55 PM
What cool pics! Hoodoo's eyes are excellent!