PDA

View Full Version : The Boy left for home. :(

Medusa
05-25-2009, 07:00 AM
I go through this every time. The Boy leaves and I cry. The house just feels so empty now. I do have my Fur Posse, thankfully, but I need my boy. Guess I'll just have to hold onto the fact that he'll be back in September this year. It's usually so long between visits but this year is a little different.

Here are a few pix of us at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The pix that I wanted you to see are too large so I have to figure out how to reduce them in size. I took one of him pointing at his pic at the WMMS display there. No picture taking was allowed but I just couldn't pass that one up. Once I figure it out, I'll post it. There was also a video of the various on air personalities when he was at WMMS and he was on the video but, obviously, I can't post that. Made his mom proud. He always has, though.

Anyhow, another week just flew by. I'm having a couple of girlfriends over today so that should help w/the sadness. :(

chocolatepuppy
05-25-2009, 07:18 AM
It looks like you had a fun week together. Your son is very handsome.;) I'm sorry it's never long enough.:(

pomtzu
05-25-2009, 07:24 AM
Great pics, Mary. It looks like you were having a great time. Let me guess - never a dull moment with Glenn around???? He looks like he's probably non stop fun and action.
Take heart - September will be here before you know it! ;)

lvpets2002
05-25-2009, 09:52 AM
:) looks of you two had a great time with the visit.. great pics thanks

Medusa
05-25-2009, 09:56 AM
He always makes me laugh. After this brutal winter of staying indoors a lot, I needed to let loose a little. Plus he helped me so much w/chores. He got up on the roof and washed my second story windows because the ones in this house don't pull forward. He also weeded my entire property, edged my beds and turned my mulch, so I don't have to buy mulch this year. He cleaned my garage, too. Jeez, I sound like a slave driver. All of you who are fortunate enough to have your adult kids living close to home, give them an extra long hug for me. I envy you so much.

Randi
05-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Glad you had lots of fun together. What a great and good looking guy he is, and helpful too! :) No wonder you miss him when he's not around, but you have September to look forward to.

How's the planning of the trip to UK going?

Medusa
05-25-2009, 10:47 AM
How's the planning of the trip to UK going?

We talked about it a little when he was home. My friend who lives in Essex calls me regularly and she told me that she's going to take the entire two weeks off when we're over there. She said that we're only an hour by train from Paris and we can get a flight to the Greek Islands for $90, so we definitely have added those two places to our itinerary. I dipped a little into my England fund, though, so I have to stop doing that. I don't plan on going crazy over there but I do want to be able to afford to do some things that I may not get another chance to do again. I'm excited to see my friend, too. She had the same type of cancer that Farrah Fawcett has and she's already had a recurrence but right now she's doing well, even ran a marathon. I haven't seen her since '97 so it's going to be a fun trip.

CountryWolf07
05-25-2009, 11:31 AM
You guys sure picked a great weekend in Cleveland - Beautiful day! :) My boyfriend & I were there on Saturday for the Rib Cookoff fest! We still yet have to visit the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - he's never been... but I have once, a long time ago. I'd like to go again.

Medusa
05-25-2009, 12:05 PM
You guys sure picked a great weekend in Cleveland - Beautiful day! :) My boyfriend & I were there on Saturday for the Rib Cookoff fest! We still yet have to visit the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - he's never been... but I have once, a long time ago. I'd like to go again.

He asked me if the Rib Cookoff was still happening and I didn't know. It's been a long time since I attended. The first time I went I saw the reggae band First Light and the lead singer Carlos and I have kept in touch all these years, probably 25 years now and he's still playing. I used to love going to the Rib Cookoff!

Daisy and Delilah
05-25-2009, 12:13 PM
Great pictures, Mary. It looks like you two had a blast. He is so good looking too. You look fantastic and both of you look so happy.

I can feel your pain, believe me. The empty nest thing is no fun. I still have my son close by so I'll give him a hug today for you, and me, of course.:) I am still missing my daughter like crazy. I hope to see her soon.

Have fun with your girlfriends today and September is really right around the corner. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}:)

Medusa
05-25-2009, 12:27 PM
September is really right around the corner. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}:)

On the one hand, I'm looking forward to it because I'll get to see The Boy. On the other hand, I know that once September gets here, winter is just around the corner. Ugh. But it's a beautiful day today and I'm trying to stay positive. I just miss that kid so much and it's good to know that others know how I feel. Thanx for the hugs. My friends' kids are all close by and they just can't relate.

Carol Bulger
05-25-2009, 02:54 PM
What a good looking fella he is!

caseysmom
05-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Sorry mom but your son is HOT. hehe it always cracks me up to see your thread about "the boy" because thats what I call bubba.

I'm glad you had a good visit.

Glacier
05-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Looks like a lovely visit.

I haven't seen my Mom in over a year. We are seperated by 2000 miles or so.

phesina
05-25-2009, 04:04 PM
What nice pictures from a wonderful visit!

carole
05-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Mary i am with Caseysmon on this one The Boy is HOT , but then look at his mama, one hot lady herself.

I understand how you miss your lad, my boy is away to,only two hours drive, but we don't get away often, and it is so great to see him when he pops down, i just saw him last weekend, so i feel for you i do.

Your planned trip to England sounds so exciting, and the greek Islands is one place i would love to visit, make sure you take lots and lots of pics to share with us, when is the trip planned for again, i thought it was a year or two away, but correct me if i am wrong.

HUGS Mary and keep busy, so you don't miss your lad too much.:love::love:

cassiesmom
05-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Your son is so handsome and I can tell you are proud of him! I'm glad you had a great visit. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Medusa
05-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Photos weren't allowed at the Rock 'n' Roll HOF but I had to take these. He's pointing to a pic of himself when he was an on air personality at WMMS The Buzzard in Cleveland. The other is the WMMS display. (I'm such a rebel. :rolleyes:)