PDA

View Full Version : Waaaahhhh

catnapper
05-24-2009, 08:05 AM
I was sitting here in bed yesterday and the computer slipped off my lap. It fell on the corner and hit where the power supply connects. A plastic chip broke off the rim of the hole where the plug connects (following me so far?) I pulled the splintered plastic out with tweezers and thought all was right with the world. Nope, the plug for some reason won't stay connected. Its IN, it feels snug. Its just not sending any juice.

I called the place I bought it, and they said to bring it in to look at it... but with my works schedule, and the tech guy's work schedule, it'll be a few days before that can happen. I DO have warranty coverage on it - thank goodness! - but I'd prefer NOT to sent it out for a week or so to be repaired (I'll go into computer withdrawl! :eek: )

Anyone have any ideas how I might be able to solve the problem at home?

joycenalex
05-24-2009, 08:08 AM
no ideas, but that stinks....:(

Karen
05-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Without opening it up, I doubt there's anything you can do. The socket is probably not connected with the power supply any more, so the circuit is not complete for the electricity to flow.

Moesha
05-24-2009, 04:07 PM
I did the same thing. Mine was under warranty though. I had to send it away, and they fixed it free. I know your pain. My brother in law told me what it was that I broke. He was going to fix it for me if they didn't cover it under warranty. There are two types of connections for that piece. One that is connected to something else major and one that isn't. All that helps doesn't it? Sorry about your difficulty.

Vela
05-25-2009, 05:51 AM
If you mess with it at home, and break it worse, they probably won't cover it under warranty. There really is nothing you can do at home to solve it without opening it, which invalidates the warranty. You are better off sending it to be fixed and going without the computer for a few days.