PDA

View Full Version : European Computer Keyboard???

Catty1
05-23-2009, 07:08 PM
I've been testing keyboards and speakers etc for an upcoming garage sale at our church in June.

There are two keyboards that I figured were futzed - the "Enter" button did a Caps Lock function, and the Shift keys didn't cause lower case to change to upper.

I thought it was just the one that was flaky, but the two of them acted the same way - and they also have a key that will type the Euro sign (like dollar sign).

So - this must be a species I have not run into yet. Any thoughts???

ETA: OK, it's a UK layout - but I can't find info on how to type with it. Anyone have any links?

Thanks!

Hellow
05-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Perhaps this will help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/bb688179.aspx

ChrisH
05-24-2009, 06:20 AM
I'm a Brit and have a Euro symbol on my keyboard, kind of added to the side on the 4/$ key, but my Enter key doesn't do a caps lock and my Shift key changes to uppers just fine. You have me puzzled about the 'UK layout' you write about too.

RICHARD
05-27-2009, 03:16 PM
ETA: OK, it's a UK layout - but I can't find info on how to type with it.

Sit with your back straight and feet flat on the floor.

The monitor should be at eye level and your forearms perpendicular to the floor. Extend your arms and rest your palms at the edge of the keyboard.

begin to type.;):love:

Catty1
05-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Actually - after it got sprayed with Fantastik and hosed down thoroughly and left in a Good Drying Spot for AT LEAST 24 hours (not a method for the impatient!), it worked just peachy keen!

Sorry to offend anyone from over 'ome, but I wasn't sure what I was dealing with.

As I found out, it likely had more to do with some peachy beverage stuff being spilled in a couple of crucial spots.

RICHARD - thank you so much. What WOULD I do without you? ;):p

Hellow
05-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Begin to type.;):love:

Whoops, I just got RSI.

RICHARD
05-27-2009, 07:23 PM
RICHARD - thank you so much. What WOULD I do without you? ;):p

Better? A whole lot better?:eek:

ChrisH
05-28-2009, 05:31 AM
Sorry to offend anyone from over 'ome, but I wasn't sure what I was dealing with.
Gosh, no way offended, not in the slightest, just really puzzled. :D