PDA

View Full Version : I am fulfilling a dream this weekend!

Catherinedana
05-22-2009, 02:38 PM
On Saturday, I begin recording a CD of my original music!

This is something that I have always wanted to do but never really got around to (and sometimes, when esteem was low, didn't see the point ). But my husband Barry and I have been performing music together on a regular basis locally here in Largo, FL and soooo many people have asked if I have a CD. . .I could have sold so many already! I write folk music, sing, play guitar and Native American flute.

A series of wonderful events led up to this moment, including a well-timed and uplifting meeting with a Native American man called Wolf. And here I am! I will start with my most current original song called "With Feathers (Emily 254)" which uses Emily Dickinson's poem #254 as the chorus:

Hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
and sings the tune without the words
and never stops at all

I never stopped hoping. . .

If you listen closely to the wind on Saturday, you will hear me singing. . . .
Love to you all,
Cathy

3Catcondo
05-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Congratulations, That is awesome!

Daisy and Delilah
05-22-2009, 08:15 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's so awesome!!:)

slick
05-23-2009, 01:00 AM
Wow....count me in on wanting to buy a CD! I love, love, love that kind of music and I already have a couple of CD's of Native Americal Flutes. It's so relaxing to me.

Congrats and please put me on the list to buy one.

I always stop and listen to the wind and I know that tomorrow it will be especially soothing.:)

dukedogsmom
05-23-2009, 01:22 AM
Congrats to you! I hope to follow some dreams one day, myself. You're very fortunate to be able to it.

Catherinedana
05-26-2009, 07:06 AM
Saturday's session was frustrating but fun. . .it helps that I like Hank so much (the gentleman who is doing the production work). The reality is, it will be more difficult than I thought - I'm so used to just performing live and not worrying about catching the perfect moment. When you perform live, everything is the perfect moment!!

Next session is June 2. Wish me luck!

Cathy

Casper
05-26-2009, 02:46 PM
It is wonderful to hear that you are finally able to do this. I admire just about anyone who can sing. Me, I couldn't carry a vocal tune if someone put it in a paper bag and sat it right in my hands.

I, too, am very interested in hearing some of your work once it is recorded.
Good luck on your next session! :)

Medusa
05-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Wishing you much success and prosperity.....