PDA

View Full Version : Nutmeg and her persistant cuddles!

Nomilynn
05-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Lately Nutmeg will just not leave me alone! She is contantly on my lap or following me around, giving me lots of headbutts and wanting cuddles. I could carry her around on my shoulder 24/7 and she would be happy! This is really unlike her, as she's always been pretty independant. At night, she gets so close to me that I can't roll over without feeling a warning claw come out and poke me in the side ;)

She will be 7 on June 30th (WOW! My baby is a senior!!) so I don't know if it's due to her age, but Tilly will be 8 in October and she hasn't changed at all.

So what could it be? Has anyone else been through this?

Nomilynn
05-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Here is a picture of her.. it was taken a couple summers ago but it's my favourite :)

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=151&pictureid=1241

happylabs
05-22-2009, 02:07 PM
I don't know but if it was me I would be taking it all in. My cats don't give me enough lovin. Tink is the only lap cat I have and Buddy is the only one that I get to pick up whenever I want.

By the way, she is an absolutely gorgeous cat! Love the name. :love: :)

Scooter's Mom
05-22-2009, 02:42 PM
I love that photo. :)
Scooter Bug follows me like that. I take it in as much as I can. He's almost 15 and I know my time is getting shorter with him so I absorb as much love as I can.

Your Nutmeg is beautiful!

Nomilynn
05-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Aw thanks :) She is one special girl!

I don't mind that she loves me so much, I just wondered if it could be a sign of something else? She doesn't seem to be sick or anything.. so maybe she just really loves her Momma :)

GILL
05-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Precious is like that as soon as I sit she has to lay on my chest. I love the face it looks like one I took of Mit's "NO PICTURES PLEASE"

catmandu
05-22-2009, 04:24 PM
I ahve noticed that with Little Pouncierge the Precious , thats shes becoming a lot more affectionate now that Miquelito is with Scrappy 2 a lot more recently.
Yes the Found Cat Hotel can be a Feline Peyton Place.
:love::love:
Shes pretty and pretty persistant and is always willing to be a taste tester for her very Old Cat Dad!!!
:love::love::love:

Medusa
05-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Love the pic! My cats do that on occasion, too. Drives me batty at times but honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Laura's Babies
05-22-2009, 07:24 PM
I have 4 that are all lap cats and just about wait in line to get their turn.. She is really lovely and just wants you to know she loves you!

aTailOf2Kitties
05-22-2009, 10:38 PM
mine are only affectionate at feeding time and once the bowl hits the floor all the lovin' ends:rolleyes:

katladyd
05-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Mac is my lap cat and Ming is the cat who talks to me lets me pick him up and carry him around. They can't get too affectionate for me. They both have my :love:

momcat
05-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Groucho and I have quite a snuggle session every day when I get in from work. He has always been affectionate but there are times that he defines "velcro-kitty". That happens when I don't feel well, distracted by something at work, or when I'm upset or worried about something.

Enjoy the attention, fellow Meowmie. Nutmeg is absolutely gorgeous, would you give her some scritchies and lovies from me :love: ?

Nomilynn
05-23-2009, 12:01 AM
I will do that and I know she will appreciate it! :)

cassiesmom
05-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Oh, Nutmeg! You are beautiful! Sometimes Cassie gets in "snuggle bug" moods and sometimes she just wants to do her own thing. Please have your meowmie give you some petting and hugs from me!