PDA

View Full Version : ARF kitty story

Taz_Zoee
05-22-2009, 09:43 AM
As you may know I volunteer at ARF (Tony La Russa's Animal Rescue Foundation). For several weeks we had two kitties that shared a condo. Their kennel names were Parrot (he was solid white) and Woody Woodpecker (he was a flame point meezer, I think). Anyway I always had to walk past this condo to the volunteer room to clock in. One time I just stood and watched the antics of these two kitties. They were so cute running around and attacking each other. Also I could see their condo from the boutique while I worked.
Well, last Saturday a woman and her daughter came in to adopt Parrot. When they were paying their adoption fee I mentioned how cute the two were together. The woman said she'd love to adopt Woody as well but already had two other cats at home. The adoption counselor told her how she has 4 cats and its the perfect number.
The ladies paid for Parrot and were coming back that afternoon to pick him up with their own carrier. The daughter said - well lets go home and see how it is. The mom said - what, you think the house has gotten bigger while we've been gone? (LOL) Mom also mentioned that Dad only okay'd to get ONE kitty.
Well, I leave at 2:30. But when the website came out with pictures of the animals with their new families.. guess what?!?!?!
Yup, when they came back to pick up Parrot they adopted Woody Woodpecker too! Woo Hoo!!! I was SOOO happy!! :D :D

Sorry this is a long, rather pointless thread. But I just couldn't help feeling like I had a hand in helping Woody and Parrot stay together.

catmandu
05-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Thats a wonderful story as Parrott and Woody Wodpecker would have never been as happy if they had been seperated.
That must give you a very good feeling :):) that you were able to help these Two Wonderful Cats go to thier New Furrever Home Together!!!
:love::love:
Well Done Taz_Zoee
:love::love::love::love::love::love:

Medusa
05-22-2009, 10:21 AM
You certainly did have a hand in it. I'm so glad that Parrot and Woody got to stay together. Good job! :D

kitten645
05-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Good job Cindy! Do you know if they were together before they ended up at ARF? It's so good to hear some GOOD news these days:love:
Claudia

astrid
05-22-2009, 01:31 PM
That is just wonderful!!! I'm sure you must be feeling very happy... I sure am just by reading your story :)

Good for you and great for them!!!!

Taz_Zoee
05-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Good job Cindy! Do you know if they were together before they ended up at ARF? It's so good to hear some GOOD news these days:love:
Claudia

No, I have no idea if they were together before. I'm thinking not. I think Woody was there before Parrot.

Thanks everyone!! :D :D

Laura's Babies
05-22-2009, 07:32 PM
What a wonderful stroy with a happy ending.

Moesha
05-22-2009, 07:49 PM
YaY for helping out Woody, especially if he'd been at the shelter longer. I hope they both enjoy their new home together.

momcat
05-22-2009, 11:50 PM
Sorry this is a long, rather pointless thread. But I just couldn't help feeling like I had a hand in helping Woody and Parrot stay together.

Your post is anything but pointless! News this wonderful definitely deserves to be shared!!! And Concatulations to you for putting the idea in your customer's head!!!

Because of you, two very happy kitties are settling in to their new furever home together

happylabs
05-23-2009, 05:40 AM
Nice story, definitely not pointless. :love: :)
I always say...two kitties are better than one...and three are better than two...and so on. :D

katladyd
05-23-2009, 10:54 PM
I have two and wish I had room for more. If I had a bigger place, four would be the purrfect number!!!

blue
05-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Thats pretty cool.