PDA

View Full Version : Good visit to see the white coats!

Logan
09-27-2002, 10:25 AM
Mimi (our 13 year old cat), Lilly and I all visited Dr. Robinson this morning! Of course, I was just along for the ride and to pay the bill!! :p

Both of my girls got good checkups! Lilly had gained 4 pounds :o but I think she actually has probably lost some weight since our last foster dog left us. No more scarfing up that rich food!! She is a whopping 88 pounds right now, which we are working on very hard to lower. She hates being on a d-i-e-t!!! But he said she looked great, no signs of allergies, no heartworms (of course), temp was normal, etc etc etc. She got her shots and another round of heartworm pills. He is not sold on the six month heartworm shot, which I was prepared to have today. He said it wasn't so much a safety issue, but he was not yet convinced that it is as effective as the monthly Heartguard. So.............
$245 later, Mimi and Lilly are set for a year, with both of them getting excellent reports!!! :D

Logan
09-27-2002, 10:26 AM
What a boring post, this is. :o I guess you can tell my work is slow right now!!!! LOL!!!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-27-2002, 10:32 AM
Glad to hear that Mimi and Lilly are in tip top shape! I thought 88 lbs is an average weight for a Golden. Lilly looked fine to me when I saw her :) Sassy, my roomate's dog is a bit chubby and I have been trying to exercise her and get her to lose some weight. She doesn't like the D-I-E-T either, Lilly!

primabella
09-27-2002, 10:41 AM
lol
i'm glad to hear your pets are doing fine. :)

K9karen
09-27-2002, 11:24 AM
Great news that our girls are in tip-top shape! STOP!! WITH THE D WORD!!

Dixieland Dancer
09-27-2002, 12:35 PM
I'm glad to hear they got a good report too! :D

lovemymaltese
09-27-2002, 12:45 PM
glad to hear of the successful visit to the vet's ofice, and this post isn't boring. We all love to hear great news.

Albea
09-27-2002, 12:57 PM
That's good news about Lilly and Mimi! It's always great to know our friends are doing well.

robinh
09-27-2002, 03:42 PM
I agree with everyone here, an "everything is all right" visit to the vet is definitely not boring. It's GREAT! There's nothing better than knowing your furbabies are healthy and happy. :D

I always want to know when there is bad news, because a burden shared is easier to carry. But I also have to admit that I love to hear of the good stuff about the babies, too.